MS Store Lumia 1020 Pre-orders

dogfacedsoldier

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
OK, I was sick and tired of waiting for updates and shipping info from Simplexity, so cancelled my order and went to MS Store to pick up my Yellow 1020. I called the toll free number and they couldn't even find my order! Was on for 25 minutes messing around and being transferred from one department to another, so finally just cancelled on the web page, then went to the store.Definitely worth the 20 minutes the friendly store employees took to get me up and running and the included deals. From now on I will be doing my pre-orders in-store. Simplexity is a FAIL IMO!

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
I try to avoid simplexity which is used by most third party retailers. It is nothing simple about them, though their name says otherwise ha

I couldn't decide on a color so I didn't get my 1020 yesterday.

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
If you're looking for a screen protector (since Zagg doesn't seem to have a custom one yet), I used a Zagg for an HTC Titan and it fit within a couple of millimeters. $14.99 @Zagg.com with free shipping and before any coupons you can dig up. You might also find them at a local store (Best Buy, Target, check their website). Just a thought...

ATT stores have the Zagg front and back in stock now. $30, but I have a discount so not too upset about not using the back shield.

nighthikr24

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
Based on all this, screw it... I'm headed to Beachwood today!

I went there yesterday afternoon. Great experience. Picked up the Black 1020, Black camera grip, they had 2 Black wireless charging cases left so I picked up one of those, $50 gift card, and the $10 app card. I was there 4th customer so they weren't 100% sure on the process. Took about an hour but was well worth the wait. Real nice people. Next time I'll just pre order from the store.

sawisttgis

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
Please wait while we find an agent to assist you....
You have been connected to Martina Lawrence.
Martina Lawrence: Hi Christopher, I'd be happy to help you today. Could you please verify the last four digits of the credit card used on your order?
Christopher : ####
Martina Lawrence: Thank you for the verification.
Martina Lawrence: As of now we haven't receive the phone "Nokia Lumia 1020 Black" at our distribution center.
Christopher: I was under the impression tht my order was to ship when the product released which was yesterday.
Martina Lawrence: I understand that.
Martina Lawrence: Once we receive the stock in our distribution center we will ship the package within 24 hours.
Christopher: when are you expecting the product?
Martina Lawrence: Christopher, we do not have any stock availability date till now.
Martina Lawrence: Please allow us 24 hours to get an update on this.
Martina Lawrence: We are expecting the best. We will ship the phone within 24 hours once we have this in our stock.
Christopher: this is ridiculous. I preordered to ensure that I would get the product when it released. what are you doing for customers to make up for the delay
Martina Lawrence: I apologize for the inconvenience you've experienced.
Martina Lawrence: I Understand that.
Christopher : while I appreciate that, it doesn't do me any good especially since finding out the Microsoft retail stores had them in stock and were giving a $50 gift card with purchase
Martina Lawrence: Since, we haven't received the first stock from the manufacturer.
Martina Lawrence: Since, you have placed an order online it is totally different from the in store purchase.
Christopher: yes if I went the in store route i'd have the product
Martina Lawrence: Until we receive the package from the manufacturers end we would not be able to ship the package.
Martina Lawrence: Is there anything else I can help you with?
Christopher: do you work for Microsoft or simplexity?
Martina Lawrence: We are Microsoft Store online website.
Christopher: ok thank you
Martina Lawrence: You are welcome

shadyghost

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
Well... Before I begin let me just say as a precursor, I have the worst luck when it comes to buying new things. That being said, today was awful. Got to the Microsoft store about ten after it opened and inquired about the incentives to buy the Lumia 1020, was told both the grip was free and a 50 dollar card would be issued. Awesome.

Started the process. As soon as they started porting my number I was told it was either the grip or the 50. That sucks but whatever, my 3 yr old is acting up and my wife is getting stressed.

TWO hours later as im literally walking the person through the process on computer and repeating that I think somethings wrong because the options are looking like im setting up a new account and not just adding a line they call att and find out we have to start over...At this point I want to leave but I can't because my number is now ported and has to be released so I have to sort this out even though now the wife is irritated, my son is irritated, I'm irritated, here is no time left to do anything else but drive back cause I got to work.

Finally I'm told that because it was so long I would be given the deal they said it was when I walked in. So I'm thinking ok cool but I gotta go because I have to work at three and still have a hour and a half drive. Pay, grab my receipt and walk out. Get home and discover I was charged 50 dollars for the card and then 50dollars was taken off my bill.

So I really didn't get fifty dollars off. STUPID. The phone is kinda disappointing because there is dust under screen and lens (I'm a bit of a perfectionist in those specific areas but the screen dust is a big noticeable piece). I'll probably just return it and buy it outright when the price goes down a bit. The materials look top notch though.

Oh and the speaker grill is crooked so it doesn't sit straight, no biggie just hope dust doesn't creep in.

paddylaz

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
Don't get too frustrated folks,
I live in the UK and we don't even have a sniff of pre-order news. All we've got is this forum and........unboxing videos

*goes away and cries*

Doug Swallow

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Get home and discover I was charged 50 dollars for the card and then 50dollars was taken off my bill.

So I really didn't get fifty dollars off. STUPID.

That's how it works. They sell you a $50 gift card for $50 so they can activate it. Then they credit the $50 on the receipt, so you've paid nothing for the gift card. You still have the gift card to use on a purchase -- that's the $50 gift card, not the $50 credit.

shadyghost

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
That's how it works. They sell you a $50 gift card for $50 so they can activate it. Then they credit the $50 on the receipt, so you've paid nothing for the gift card. You still have the gift card to use on a purchase -- that's the $50 gift card, not the $50 credit.

Wow so the fact they didn't give me the card is a problem. I just figured because I said just apply it to the phone that's what would happen. Argh.

paoto

Jul 21, 2013
Visit site
If you try to order the 1020 on the microsoft online store, there's nothing about it being back ordered. In fact the main page says 1020 'just in'. So my guess is that since shipping is fedex next business day, they will (and have always planned to) ship Sunday or Monday, for delivery Mon or Tues.

Mbillie420

Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
Just went to Microsoft Store at the Aventura mall in Miami and got free camera grip,50$ gift card , and a 10$ app card after reading some people on here was getting that deal at other MS stores then canceled the black 1020 I had pre ordered from the online store glad I went a nd tried
I called and asked if they had it available first and if their was any promotions and the guy said free camera grip but when I got there I got the two gift cards too

Winfonejunkie

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
I went to the store in Houston and got my phone, but the manager refused to give me the free camera grip, or other promotions mentioned in this thread because she claimed it was only for customers signing a new contract. I was buying the phone outright and didn't want a contract, so they acted as if all the aforementioned promotions didn't apply to me. So I ended up getting $50 off of the camera grip. Overall dissapointed in the Houston Galleria M$ store and will likely not be shopping there again.

The phone however is awesome though. Much lighter and better screen than the 920.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte