MS Store Lumia 1020 Pre-orders

cdodgela

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site
Still ever so patiently (maybe not that patiently) waiting... Still a red exclamation point... No MS stores less than 350 miles away for me to go to...

Fincog

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
Still twitching here... Have to order 60 surface pro tablets in a few days for work. Guess I know where I won't be ordering them from.

techiedude007

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
Still twitching here... Have to order 60 surface pro tablets in a few days for work. Guess I know where I won't be ordering them from.

LOL I've heard that getting Surface Pros from the online store is a much easier process than the phone preorders. That being said, if you don't have an MS rep that works with you/your company on a regular basis, if you go into a MS Store, they might be able to swing a deal/discount for purchasing that many SPs (a corporate sales rep would surely be able to do something for you, not so sure about a MS Store but it's worth a shot...)

webdave

Apr 24, 2004
Visit site

MS Online Store phone sales are handled by Simplexity just like how Walmart does it. Totally different procedures.

Fincog

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
I actually have to drive to a doctor's appointment tomorrow which is 4.5 hrs away. This puts me within 46 miles of the MS store in Michigan. I've read the previous posts about our one and only awesome store in Troy. They are open in 11 minutes. I'll give them a call and see about stock and any other bonus offers I can sweet talk them out of.

navidee

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
Dear Erik,

Thank you for contacting our Customer Service Department.

I apologize for the delay in processing of the order due to unavailability of device. According to the order updates the launch date for the requested device has Nokia Lumia 1020 Yellow has been changed; however, we have not received any update so far. Please check back after 48 hours to get the update on the order. Once the device would be available in our distribution center after launch, the package will be shipped within 24 hours.

If you have any additional questions, please reply to this e-mail or you may log on to XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX and chat with a Live Agent. Agents are available 9AM-10PM EST Monday through Friday and 9AM-9PM EST on Saturdays.

Sincerely
Sachin
Customer Service Department

Srsly? If my order hasn't shipped in a few hours, I'm cancelling regardless. I don't want to give this place my business.

techiedude007

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
According to the order updates the launch date for the requested device has Nokia Lumia 1020 Yellow has been changed

Um, yeah...it changed to LAST FRIDAY. lol wow...wonder how many IMs, emails and phones calls they got in regards to this botched endeavour? I would think after about the 15th person contacted them they might have begun exchanging IMs between their cubicles about irate peeps wanting their phones on "release day"...

navidee

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
I know. All i really wanted was a honest answer. I don't like the formulated responses, very terrible customer service. I am a customer service rep by the way and this is horrid service.

prjkthack

Sep 21, 2011
Visit site
I apologize for the delay in processing of the order due to unavailability of device. According to the order updates the launch date for the requested device has Nokia Lumia 1020 Yellow has been changed; however, we have not received any update so far. Please check back after 48 hours to get the update on the order. Once the device would be available in our distribution center after launch, the package will be shipped within 24 hours.

Now they are lying to you in the hopes that you don't get mad and cancel your order? That's terrible. I'm glad I cancelled.

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
Just got off chat. The phones are "out of stock". They are saying they never received the phones from Nokia.

View attachment 38577
Here is what I don't get. If it is a preorder with a contract on ATT with subsidized pricing, wouldn't all the phones come from ATT to get SIM cards and not Nokia? That would explain the delay. Your Preorder with Simplexity/MS is just getting line with ATT inventory and ATT will certainly take the $299 from in-store sales over preorders with so many involved parties.

In hindsight mode, I can see how the preorders for a phone could suck. It also explains why the preorder for the Surface was so outstanding, shipping two days before to show up on your doorstep on launch day - it was hardware MS actually made.

shadyghost

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
I actually have to drive to a doctor's appointment tomorrow which is 4.5 hrs away. This puts me within 46 miles of the MS store in Michigan. I've read the previous posts about our one and only awesome store in Troy. They are open in 11 minutes. I'll give them a call and see about stock and any other bonus offers I can sweet talk them out of.

The staff is nice enough, but the fact they have to read from a step by step three ring binder to do anything involving att is excruciating. If you are lucky the one guy who worked for att as a manager and knew exactly how to handle things will be there.

Im guessing you will get the either grip or 50, plus the 10$app. Make sure they apply the 50 because its pretty apparent they would rather you use that on another purchase. Good luck.

Fincog

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
Just got off the phone with the At&t store. Talk about a change in customer service... He is extremely sorry for my troubles with the MS store. They have the 1020 in stock, but no camera grips. He is checking the inventory of all at&t stores along the route to Ann Arbor trying to find me a black grip.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs