MS Store Lumia 1020 Pre-orders

Kudos0030

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
I pre-orderd on the 16th. Have been awaiting inventory to be stocked ever since. I chatted with several people about the order. One said it would ship this monday, another said there is no known or expected date that they'll have the 1020 in stock, today a third person said it "might" be in stock within 48 hours, but for some reason the guy I talked to yesterday cancelled my order without my permission. So I had to reinstate it. I never received the $150 credit email, probably because of the guy canceling my order :( What a horrible experience this has been. I was so excited about this phone, but this process has made me weary of ever pre-ordering a phone from the Microsoft Store online again. I'm thinking I might try an ATT store to see if I can get them to throw in a free camera grip if I buy directly from them instead.

Kudos0030

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
Never mind, I just checked my junk folder. $150 credit code! :) I wonder if there's a time limit to use the credit. They said I should receive the phone by August 1st. So kudos to Microsoft for owning up to their blunders, but this whole ordeal still leaves a bitter-sweet taste in my mouth.

xconomicron

Sep 20, 2007
Visit site
....so I cancelled my preorder on Friday and bought the phone from the MS Store here in San Antonio....

Just received an email saying they are giving me 150$ store credit? Wtf?!?

Uncled1023

Nov 27, 2011
Visit site
....so I cancelled my preorder on Friday and bought the phone from the MS Store here in San Antonio....

Just received an email saying they are giving me 150$ store credit? Wtf?!?

Yup, I got one too. The email even said that I canceled, so it isn't a mistake. I may just forgive MS a little bit. But not much.

maxavier

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
Went to the MS Store today and they were very happy to assist me with buying the phone. Definitely went the extra mile, completely different experience than from the online store. I didn't cancel my order with the online store until last night...I hope to be receiving a $150 store credit as well, but nothing yet ><

xconomicron

Sep 20, 2007
Visit site
Went to the MS Store today and they were very happy to assist me with buying the phone. Definitely went the extra mile, completely different experience than from the online store. I didn't cancel my order with the online store until last night...I hope to be receiving a $150 store credit as well, but nothing yet ><

most likely dude...if preorders that were cancelled on Friday are getting credit, you should as well.

webdave

Apr 24, 2004
Visit site
Well I got a 2nd code a few minutes ago for cancelling my order...

Thank you for ordering the Nokia Lumia 1020 Phone from Microsoft Store, and we’re sorry you decided to cancel your order.

To let you know how much we value you as our customer, we’re going to give you a $150 gift card, good for your next purchase of $150 or more at the Microsoft Store online. To use your gift card, just
come back to the store, put the items you want in your cart, and use this promo code when you’re checking out:

AllanUSC

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
Agreed. You would think they could update the "Estimated delivery date" to 8/1 as the email stated. Personally, I wont believe it until I see the Shipped status change. It's after 5 pm now and still no change. Are they saying they are going to ship EVERY PRE-ORDER tomorrow?

That seems unlikely for a company that has screwed up so badly so far, but we can hold out hope.

I am really jealous of the people that cancelled their online order and already have their phones and STILL GOT the $150 store credit!! For that credit I'm willing to wait another week, but I certainly hope I don't have to.

Well the fact that I still haven't seen any shipments go out for anyone yet today does have me slightly irritated.

cliac

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
I also cancelled my online order last Friday and purchased the phone at a local MS store. Just checked my mail inbox - $150 store credit arrived about 1 hour ago. Nice.

The email mentioned that the credit is for "good for your next purchase of $150 or more at the Microsoft Store online". Is it possible to use it at local MS store as well?

Kudos0030

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
So this is my first Windows Phone, does the Microsoft Store Online sell any apps that I could use this credit for? Or is that only on the phone itself?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett