MS Store Lumia 1020 Pre-orders

Alan Lai

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
HA!!! It came, I just ordered a bunch of crap! So cool.

I got nokia purity headset magenta 49.99, nokia purity earbuds white 39.99, nokia charing plate 49.99 and a car dock 24.99.

Such a good mood right now lol

Which nokia charging plate did you get/is it compatible with the Lumia 1020?

drtek

May 15, 2013
Visit site
I just rcvd an email from the NS Store with a code for $150 saying that they were sorry I decided to cancel my order.
Outstanding customer service. Even though I went to the store and still bought the phone. Very impressed.

dogfacedsoldier

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
Wow, congrats to all. I cancelled on Saturday 27th, so I hope I get the $150 code tomorrow as those who cancelled on Friday just got theirs today. Wish me luck :)

nola75

Jul 30, 2013
Visit site
With the $150 credit and the free camera grip the Microsoft preorder buyers are paying less than they would for a 920 right now. I bought my phone through AT@T and have no regrets but a little delay should not be a problem for Microsoft purchasers. No way I would take that credit and then cancel. Amazon already has the phones in stock so I doubt that there will be much of a delay before the orders are shipped. At this point it is the best deal out there.

techiedude007

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
Never mind, I just checked my junk folder. $150 credit code! So kudos to Microsoft for owning up to their blunders, but this whole ordeal still leaves a bitter-sweet taste in my mouth.

No code in my email...I think MS is mad I started this thread and is holding it against me ;) (j/k) Congrats to those that are still getting their codes even after cancelling, that's actually very cool! :)

giffis

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
With this promo code and gift card got Surface and Lumia 1020 for $450. I have no more complaint about the delay..... I am happy that it got delayed. BTW, I purchased the phone from MS store on FRIDAY itself.

Alan Lai

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
Yeaah, I'd consider doing the same...but I'm avoiding the hefty tax by purchasing it online...which would equate to somewhere around 50 USD...

Microsoft Live Chat said:
Manoj P : Alan, we are expecting the phone with us by today evening.
Manoj P : Once the phone is available, we will process and ship your order within 24 hours.
Alan Lai: So you are saying the phones will reach your distribution centers this evening
Alan Lai: And that once they do, you guys will immediately ship them?
Manoj P : Yes, you are correct.
Alan Lai: So at best, my phone will not arrive until the 2nd of August, this Friday?
Alan Lai: I recieved an email saying they were going to arrive at our residential areas on the 1st of August, Thursday (tomorrow).;
Manoj P : Alan, if the phone model is available with us before 5:00PM EST then it will be shipped today itself.
Manoj P : However, if there is little delay in that case the phone will be shipped tomorrow.
Alan Lai: Okay, sorry, I misunderstood your definition of "evening", as of now, you expect it to arrive before 5:00PM EST?
Manoj P : Correct.
Alan Lai: Okay, thank you. I'm glad you have information confirming what the email I received stated a few days ago.
Manoj P : We are expecting them before 5:00 PM so that we can ship the orders today itself.
Manoj P : You are welcome.
Alan Lai: And they should, if there is no delay, arrive tomorrow at our residential areas.
Manoj P : Absolutely correct.

Just spoke with the online chat once again to confirm what the email said. Hopefully, there won't be that slight delay...I want the phone tomorrow since I'll be going on a camping trip this Friday.

Fincog

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
Well, I cancelled at noon on Monday only to find this email about the 150.00 at 9-ish pm. My email doesn't say anything about it being cancelled, but I do have an email confirming the cancellation. I can only imagine the headache that would result from me using the code...

Ended up getting one with At&t and they gave me a free camera grip and a car charger. The ATT cs agent opened the door for me and my son who is in a wheelchair and made it a wonderful experience. I'm pretty sure I learned my lesson on where to shop from now on.

tpperlman

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
Coincidence or not... here is what has happened since writing letters and 'kindly" questioning Simplexity regarding my order:

My Windows 8 PC which I use to run my business mysteriously crashed and died the night after posting my messages here and on another thread to Mr. Elop... then today Citi fraud protection called and someone stole my credit card number that I used to purchase the phones from the MS store and charged over $2000 yesterday out of my bank account's debit card.

Probably just coincidental, but then again maybe some people don't take too kindly to criticism...

UGH!!!

p.s. I ordered two phones, and received two $150 credits... wish I could use it for a good vacation after all this aggravation!!!

tpperlman

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
PPS... who is Simplexity anyway? Do customer Service reps have access to credit card info? I trust Microsoft, but wish I had known earlier that it wasn't actually MS who did fulfillment on phone orders. Next time, local MS Store it is. I am sooo bummed! Luckily the mortgage isn't due tomorrow being the beginning of a new month!

TheGeekNextDoor

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
Well, I cancelled at noon on Monday only to find this email about the 150.00 at 9-ish pm. My email doesn't say anything about it being cancelled, but I do have an email confirming the cancellation. I can only imagine the headache that would result from me using the code...

Ended up getting one with At&t and they gave me a free camera grip and a car charger. The ATT cs agent opened the door for me and my son who is in a wheelchair and made it a wonderful experience. I'm pretty sure I learned my lesson on where to shop from now on.

I don't know why you would think there would be a headache from using the code. They sent you a code. You can use the code. There was ZERO terms and conditions around that code. I do a lot of work for an online company and we ALWAYS include terms and conditions if we send out a code like this for any reason. There can't be any strings attached to the code because there wasn't any in the email. Enjoy the code or give it to someone you know that isn't doing so well but still needs something from the microsoft store.

webdave

Apr 24, 2004
Visit site
PPS... who is Simplexity anyway? Do customer Service reps have access to credit card info? I trust Microsoft, but wish I had known earlier that it wasn't actually MS who did fulfillment on phone orders. Next time, local MS Store it is. I am sooo bummed! Luckily the mortgage isn't due tomorrow being the beginning of a new month!

Same company that fulfills for Walmart, Dell, and a number of other places. They are probably one of the largest cell phone retailers.

prjkthack

Sep 21, 2011
Visit site
Used my $150 code, and I ordered stuff last night. Shipped out today.

Everything on the MS Store website except for cellphones is handled by Microsoft themselves, so you will not run into the same issues as you are with your Lumia 1020 order. That is handled by Simplexity, a third party company that Microsoft has hired to run their online cell phone sales/distribution. Probably because Simplexity runs it for so many other big box companies online and appears to do just fine. I'm sure they probably do fine with phones that aren't pre-orders, but since this was a pre-order of phone that no one could ever really guarantee would be in stock on launch date (even if they may have advertised it), its still a difficult situation to pin blame on. Is it Simplexity not making sure that their shipments came on time? Is it the phone factory for not producing enough product to send out to all these cell phone sellers? Is it Nokia for not ordering enough phones for the factory to ship out? Is it Microsoft for hiring Simplexity to handle their sales when Microsoft clearly has the pull to get these phones in their stores on launch day WITH better deals than what Simplexity was offering?

Who knows. I'm just glad its over (for me). I'm gonna enjoy my phone and all the free Microsoft Store stuff that I got out of it. Who knew buying a Windows Phone could be so lucrative?

I hope the rest of you who are still waiting get your phone tomorrow. If not, maybe they'll throw more $150 gift cards your way.

tpperlman

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
Who am I to argue, obviously we have some simplexity fans here...

Just because a company does business with Walmart doesn't mean they are beyond a question. My concern was with credit card security... Why disregard and detract from that subject so dismissively?

All I did was raise a valid question because I rarely even use my debit card and the coincidence was interesting to say the least!

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa