MS Store Lumia 1020 Pre-orders

webdave

Apr 24, 2004
Visit site
On the code I received there WERE conditions. Especially the one saying that it could not be used in their phone store.

That's only because there is no way to enter the code when you are re-directed to Simplexity. You can't use the code because it for the Microsoft Store only.

karrajo07

Mar 27, 2013
Visit site
So I cancelled my online pre-order from Microsoft Online Store on the 26, due to the inventory issues so i went to the Microsoft Store near me Got the My Lumia 1020+ Free Camera Grip+$50 Gift Card+$10 for Apps+Today i used the $150 Gift card Code from Microsoft's apology email. best decision ever made.

prjkthack

Sep 21, 2011
Visit site
Just a tip... the $150 gift card/promo code can be used... multiple times... either that or I got lucky. I bought over $450 of stuff from the Microsoft Store for next to nothing.

cdodgela

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site
I'm giving it till Friday then cancelling my MS order and ordering it for $269 from Amazon. Already ordered wireless charging stand and charging cover for my 1020 using my code! Would like to still get my free camera cover with the phone but my patience is about gone.. I don't have much patience for, as of now, two broken promises...

Last edited:

AllanUSC

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
If this is NOT a Simplexity problem, how is it that every other retailer that offers the Lumia 1020, including MS retail stores, has it in stock? Is their "distribution center" actually a 14-foot boat in the middle of of the Pacific Ocean that's impossible to find? Is Nokia and/or AT&T holding out on them? And if so, for what reason? Early reports indicate that the phone is not sold out except for a few specific AT&T locations.

At this point someone from their distribution center could have gone out and bought all the excess stock of Lumia 1020s from local AT&T stores and sent those to some of us and at least some of us would have new phones.

The bottom line is, no one else is having any difficulty getting these phones from the same sources (Nokia and/or AT&T) so whatever the problem is, it's with Simplexity.

I don't think you can really blame it on Simplexity, the blame should be on Nokia who isn't delivering the product to Simplexity.

paoto

Jul 21, 2013
Visit site
Just a heads up to others who might be in a similar situation: I found out today that the microsoft store will only ship the phone to your billing address. I am buying the phone off-contract and my order had an exclamation next the order validation for the past few weeks. However, under status it said "approved, awaiting inventory" so I figured I was ok. Just to be safe I contacted a chat representative this morning and was ensured everything was fine and they were only waiting for inventory. Then later in the day I was notified that there was a problem, that my shipping and billing address needed to match.

so this is ridiculous, but after a 3 tries the last chat agent cancelled my order, despite my protests that it just be held until my billing address on my credit card was updated by the card company. Complete insanity. Its like they don't want me to give them my money.

techiedude007

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
No shipment today, they are expecting it tomorrow.

I believe we've heard that somewhere before...lather, rinse, repeat...sigh...sorry for this...at this point preorderers via MS Online will be lucky if their "preorders" ship a week *after* launch date... they should just ship you a voucher for an XBox One with your phone and call it good. Ugh...

navidee

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
Wonder if I'll get a second code for cancelling today. I also had the chance to take a survey. That was very gratifying!

krystea

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
Took my $150 code and bought the cyan Purity ear buds already on sale for $40, a cyan charging plate, and those Creative speakers. Now I'm going to cancel my 1020 order, save the $300 and stop cheating on my 920. Better luck next time.

AllanUSC

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
Sneaky!! Why didn't I think of that? Oh, wait. I'm still using a Nokia 5110. I REALLY NEED the Lumia 1020!!

Took my $150 code and bought the cyan Purity ear buds already on sale for $40, a cyan charging plate, and those Creative speakers. Now I'm going to cancel my 1020 order, save the $300 and stop cheating on my 920. Better luck next time.

220px-Nokia_5110.jpg

prjkthack

Sep 21, 2011
Visit site
On the same order or multiple orders?
Multiple orders. Throw a bunch of stuff in your cart that equals $150, ring it up and checkout, then do it all over again.

Of course I have no idea if its supposed to work multiple times, or if this was a temporary glitch that I got to take advantage of, because I can't do it anymore. I was able to get 3 separate orders in before it stopped giving me the $150 off.

has your order shipped?

All my Microsoft Store items shipped today, yes. (I assume you are referring to the stuff I got from the Microsoft Store, not the phone itself, which I cancelled my order last Friday and picked it up at a store).

cdodgela

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site
Latest for us "few" customers...:
We are aware that a few of our customers will experience a delay in receiving shipment of Nokia 1020 devices that were purchased through the Microsoft Online Store. Our priority is to ensure that every customer who ordered a Nokia 1020 gets it as quickly as possible. Customers will be notified via email as soon as their order has shipped and have also received a gift card for future use at the Microsoft Online Store. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience our customers have experienced.
Regards,
The Microsoft Store Team

navidee

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
Yeah I got the same. Im glad I cancelled yesterday. No reason that we should be getting our preorders a week after phone release. This was the single most disappointing online store experience I have ever had.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuffster