I have a Nokia Lumia 1020 AMA

MrPhilicorda

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
Interesting thread... It seems most who are bashing the 1020 camera are people who seemingly don't really have a lot of photography knoweledge or experience and basically just are interested in a simple auto-everything camera that makes a decent job of hiding grain and noise. The 920 is a good choice for that.

The 1020 is a completely different animal aimed at photo enthusiasts who want more control and actually can distinguish good quality pictures from bad ones.

The pictures that unternull has posted (even if they are compressed) has made it VERY clear that the 1020 pictures are superior in many respects, as some has already pointed out. They are clearly much sharper and detailed and I find the grain texture rather pleasant, reminding of old school analog camera pictures. Also, the transition between different shades of colours is very smooth and accurate. Finally, I think the depth-of-field effect is beautiful, the out-of-focus parts have a character to them that comes close to DSLR quality.

Cod3rror

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Cod3.......Seems like you are trolling....yeah, just read everyone of Cod3's posts................definitely trolling. Some people have nothing better to do i guess!

Just because my opinion is not popular that makes me a troll?

1020 does not take good pictures, it's obvious. When 808 was announced it's samples were just mind blowing. 1020 so far has not been impressive and knowing Nokia, it won't improve. Nokia could make 3 things: Design, Camera, Maps, I guess you can scratch "Camera" off that list.

webdave

Apr 24, 2004
Visit site
It's trolling when you are on a Lumia/Windows Phone enthusiast site with 11 posts throwing out opinions as facts without backing them up

Cod3rror

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
It's trolling when you are on a Lumia/Windows Phone enthusiast site with 11 posts throwing out opinions as facts without backing them up

I've been following Nokia for a long time, I know their history and what they can do.

I'm giving a good advice, do not pre-order this phone, because once it's compared and iPhone 5S, Galaxy S4 and 808 wipe floor with it, you will be disappointed.

John20212

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
I can't say I agree here. I mean how many of us bought an 808 for its awesome auto mode? Anyone buying a camera phone and is more concerned with just quick shots in auto mode, really shouldn't be worried about getting a 41mp beast with all those available settings. Don't you think? Be it the 808 or 1020.

If you have the money why not get the best there is even if you may not always use all the advanced features? Nokia has clearly advertised the 1020 for begginer and enthusiast photographers alike, thats why they made the Pro camera app so easy to use. The bottom line is that the 1020 is the king of camera phones, therefore it should be given that it can take better Auto shots than any other smartphone out there.
The 808 was more of a niche device not because of the camera but mainly because of the OS used, on the other hand the 1020 uses a modern phone OS that is way more mainstream than the 808 one was.

prjkthack

Sep 21, 2011
Visit site
I've been following Nokia for a long time, I know their history and what they can do.

I'm giving a good advice, do not pre-order this phone, because once it's compared and iPhone 5S, Galaxy S4 and 808 wipe floor with it, you will be disappointed.

Okay, so serious question, do you think the 1020's camera is at least better than the 920?

Th3 I3LooD

Jun 17, 2012
Visit site
Is no one here finding it the least bit Suspicious that after so many people begging for a pic of the actual 1020 he is using he still has not uploaded even one pic of it? Plus he keeps saying he's going to post pictures of this and that and whatever and yet nothing has been uploaded for 2 days now....

Dude if you are all legit then I am sorry for bashing you man and thanks alot for the trouble but come on, WE NEED TO SEE THEM PICS!!

I have become a big Nokia fan and I am super exited about the 1020, although I probably wont get one myself (waiting to see what they bring to the table in December)

As for cod3rror please go bother some people over at the android forums or something because you are stinking up this thread!

pavvento

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
I got a 1020 this evening and my first impressions are that it is awesome. its well built, thin, and light. I will take a ton of photos at a family gathering tomorrow ad will post! If you have any specific questions let me know and I'll do my best to answer them!BPp5sNSCYAEcQtZ.jpg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre