I have a Nokia Lumia 1020 AMA

vlad0

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
OP can you upload some 5mpix images whenever you get a chance.. those are the interesting part

you have forgot "ultrapixel" HTC :)

Oh ya.. : ) forgot about that one. The sensor area is way to small for me to take it seriously tho.. the images from the one are mediocre overall.. good for macro shots, but other than that.. nothing special.

.. okay, and the dynamic range is very good as well

Idiocracy_izruts

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
Man don't leave us biting our lips here �� Right now you are the only one standing between the haters and supporters of that piece of still inreleased tech, and by your images alone you're shaping buying decidions and what not. Pleeease take your time, but release some pics ��

Bkr11

Sep 22, 2011
Visit site
Man don't leave us biting our lips here �� Right now you are the only one standing between the haters and supporters of that piece of still inreleased tech, and by your images alone you're shaping buying decidions and what not. Pleeease take your time, but release some pics ��

I'm tracking this thread but nothing I see/read here will influence my preorder. If the pro reviews unequivocally were to pan it I might reconsider, but not based on pics from one user on one forum. Wonder when the press embargo will be lifted...

Pavel_Y

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
What about battery life? I guess such imaging tech plus additional RAM should use more battery... Hope, though, Nokians managed this somehow...

Cod3rror

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
It does take good pictures, and there is potential to make some pretty cool photographs.. considering the shutter speeds, you might be able to capture things that would be impossible with the 808. We will have to wait and see ...

In terms of raw IQ.. yes, it will be a bit behind, but most people won't care.. let's be real, most people don't even know what an 808 is.

The samples from the 808 were indeed very impressive.. but just imagine for a second that the 808 didn't exist.. wouldn't you be impressed with the 1020 ? Its above and beyond anything else on the market..

Vlad, there is 808, and 1020 is going to be inevitably be compared to it by all review sites. Especially because the resolution is the same and it's an obvious successor to 808.

I don't agree regarding the second point either, 1020 is an enthusiast camera, all that know of 1020, will know of 808, and people that don't know of 808 will have 925, not 1020. Enthusiasts want the best quality.

Finally, I would not be impressed by 1020 if there was no 808. Each camera has it's own character and style, that's why people like various brands and models. I love the way 808 takes pictures in daylight, I prefer it to many DSLRs, I love the quality and style, it reminds me very much of Sigma DP1, which used a similar technique and took very similar, smooth but detailed images. 1020, I do not like, it's grainy, noisy and over-processed. I don't like it's pictures.

Nokia made a mistake, they should've made 1020 maybe a little bit thicker but with an even bigger sensor than 808, 1". I am not a big Nokia or Windows Phone(although, it's better than Symbian) fan but I would've seriously considered getting a 1020, if it at least took daylight images with the same IQ as 808, no grain, no noise and smooth. Colours are alright, OIS is great, but that sensor... just cannot match 808.

I don't want to buy an inferior product, which 1020, clearly is.

nano321

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
Yup, 5 MP PureView images with auto settings, preferably in daylight and low-light both. Sorry, if it is too much to ask for ;)

bygbyron3

May 23, 2013
Visit site
Right now you are the only one standing between the haters and supporters of that piece of still inreleased tech, and by your images alone you're shaping buying decidions and what not.
This is probably why Nokia told us not to share photos from the 1020 yet, somebody with little camera knowledge taking shots in the wrong settings could deter potential buyers. Just something to keep in mind when examining the photos.

ALpHa.Q.RoUgH

Jan 21, 2012
Visit site
This is probably why Nokia told us not to share photos from the 1020 yet, somebody with little camera knowledge taking shots in the wrong settings could deter potential buyers. Just something to keep in mind when examining the photos.

I think this is it right here, he keeps taking pictures in the wrong settings or high ISO, he takes them all close and he only takes like 3 at a time. If I have an opportunity to have a new phone who touts its camera I'm walking around taking pictures of everything and trying out all the settings. Plus he hasn't even took a picture of his new found phone. I'm starting to believe this is a joke. I appreciate the pictures but jeez c'mon.

Cod3rror

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I think this is it right here, he keeps taking pictures in the wrong settings or high ISO, he takes them all close and he only takes like 3 at a time. If I have an opportunity to have a new phone who touts its camera I'm walking around taking pictures of everything and trying out all the settings. Plus he hasn't even took a picture of his new found phone. I'm starting to believe this is a joke. I appreciate the pictures but jeez c'mon.

Maybe he's already bored of Windows Phone?

PenguinPublishing.gif

MrPhilicorda

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
True, but how many people are in that market. Not many. I was a big homer for the 1020, but now its really not worth at all the $650 unlocked price. Not when I got my 920 for $450 off contract with a free wireless charger during launch time. Not when its the same exact internals besides a ram boost. And they have the balls to price it $299 off contract.

Its gonna be a flop from elop. Short NOK.

Flagship devices, like the 920, are not selling in large quantities and Nokia is of course aware of that. Flagship devices work as platforms for developing new technologies and they give the company credibility for being on the forefront. They can then pack some of those features in a scaled down version into lower end devices which are the ones that actually are selling and making profit.

I don't think it will "be a flop" in that respect even if it's not selling like hotcakes and personally I'm very keen on getting it when it's out.

If you're turning your back on the 1020 based on this thread I think it's a very premature decision. Allthough I appreciate a lot that people here are posting pictures it's far from being a proffessional and accurate assessment on the quality of the camera.

vlad0

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
You want 5mp photos?

Ya man.. that's where the magic is at :)

I am hoping they can add 8Mpix mode with an update later.. or even 12.. there is certainly enough pixels to go by. I've pushed the 808 up to 15mpix and it still retains pretty good IQ.

Vlad, there is 808, and 1020 is going to be inevitably be compared to it by all review sites. Especially because the resolution is the same and it's an obvious successor to 808.

I don't agree regarding the second point either, 1020 is an enthusiast camera, all that know of 1020, will know of 808, and people that don't know of 808 will have 925, not 1020. Enthusiasts want the best quality.

Finally, I would not be impressed by 1020 if there was no 808. Each camera has it's own character and style, that's why people like various brands and models. I love the way 808 takes pictures in daylight, I prefer it to many DSLRs, I love the quality and style, it reminds me very much of Sigma DP1, which used a similar technique and took very similar, smooth but detailed images. 1020, I do not like, it's grainy, noisy and over-processed. I don't like it's pictures.

Nokia made a mistake, they should've made 1020 maybe a little bit thicker but with an even bigger sensor than 808, 1". I am not a big Nokia or Windows Phone(although, it's better than Symbian) fan but I would've seriously considered getting a 1020, if it at least took daylight images with the same IQ as 808, no grain, no noise and smooth. Colours are alright, OIS is great, but that sensor... just cannot match 808.

I don't want to buy an inferior product, which 1020, clearly is.

Oh c'mon.. you are being harsh..

And.. yes, most people that care about mobile photography have heard of the 808, that's for sure, but the 1020 is going to be released on contract under one of the biggest carriers in the world, which means that it will be exposed to a lot of people outside that circle.

unternull

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Im using auto settings I am not knowledgeable in camera settings I know a little about ruke of thirds depth of field and a few other minor things. I work 11 hour days. I am tired I would like nothing more than to take a trip into the city with my new phone and take pictures of the brooklyn bridge times sq central park. I have not had a day off yet. Tomorrow I am off and guess what ill be doing ? Taking pictures. I understand its a new phone but I am but one person. Thank you

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

unternull

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
If someone would be kind enough to break down ISO from low to high and what situations I would normally use it. I would have a better understanding thank you

vlad0

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
Im using auto settings I am not knowledgeable in camera settings I know a little about ruke of thirds depth of field and a few other minor things. I work 11 hour days. I am tired I would like nothing more than to take a trip into the city with my new phone and take pictures of the brooklyn bridge times sq central park. I have not had a day off yet. Tomorrow I am off and guess what ill be doing ? Taking pictures. I understand its a new phone but I am but one person. Thank you

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

We appreciate your effort kind sir..

But.. you are privileged to have this piece of amazing technology in your pocket, so.. no sympathy from us :wink:

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs