I have a Nokia Lumia 1020 AMA

vlad0

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
If someone would be kind enough to break down ISO from low to high and what situations I would normally use it. I would have a better understanding thank you

Sunny outdoors - 100
Cloudy/midday - 100

Or, the lowest possible, which is 100 on your device.

For the rest, I suggest shooting in auto mode, check the ISO that the phone chose to use, and then adjust +100 to -100 from that point and see how it goes. I've found that every phone behaves differently when it comes to iso sensitivity.

I force my 808 to shoot at 50iso whenever I can because.. almost no noise. The auto mode in sunny conditions goes to 64iso, so I figured.. 50 wouldn't hurt. I've actually pushed 50 in low light as well.. and it works in certain conditions like sunrise/sunset

troylytle

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
If someone would be kind enough to break down ISO from low to high and what situations I would normally use it. I would have a better understanding thank you

wpcentral actually did an article on what you can do with your phone camera when the 920 was released.

vlad0

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
I have no idea... I don't have any experience with OIS, which changes things.

I usually go for 400-800 on mine

On another note.. how do you find the "pocketability" of the phone so far ?

ALpHa.Q.RoUgH

Jan 21, 2012
Visit site
Im using auto settings I am not knowledgeable in camera settings I know a little about ruke of thirds depth of field and a few other minor things. I work 11 hour days. I am tired I would like nothing more than to take a trip into the city with my new phone and take pictures of the brooklyn bridge times sq central park. I have not had a day off yet. Tomorrow I am off and guess what ill be doing ? Taking pictures. I understand its a new phone but I am but one person. Thank you

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Then my last statement is rescinded.

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Unternell, if you want some insight how to get the most out of your new phone, check out the photography guide in my sig.

jmerrey

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
Btw, the title of this thread is "I have a Nokia Lumia 1020 AMA" so the guy should be prepared to be peppered with requests.

Oh yeah, and TAKE A PICTURE OF YOUR PHONE AND POST IT. Why this simple, yet frequent, request is being ignored, I'll never guess...

unternull

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
That's hard to say hardware wise its almost the same other than the camera and 1gb of ram unless I'm mistaken. Obviously the camera is the selling point. Honestly no . If you absolutely need the camera and are trying to replace a stand alone camera then yes.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99