I have a Nokia Lumia 1020 AMA

muderko

May 28, 2013
Visit site
Now it is confirmed!

Unfortunately, we have to live with the fact that the photos taken with the Lumia 1020 are not on par with our expectations! At least in Auto mode!

ALpHa.Q.RoUgH

Jan 21, 2012
Visit site
Keep in mind even though he pictures may be bad depending on the setting which I feel his best photos was the comparison of the Mario's in the gamestop. When you look at his pictures and the other pictures posted by Nokia and the ones someone posted earlier on the rooftop with the band you can clearly see this camera is capable of alot in the right hands!

muderko

May 28, 2013
Visit site
Im an amateur muderko please dont mind my terrible picture taking

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Presumably you are an amateur unternull (so am I), the Auto mode should be for you (and me). So, till now, it does not show a noticeable improvement!

pavvento

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
Hey Everyone, I am uploading pictures to Flickr right now and will post the link. Every photo is both the 5mp one and the full res one when applicable. For some of them I used manual settings, some are on auto.

pavvento

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
Presumably you are an amateur unternull (so am I), the Auto mode should be for you (and me). So, till now, it does not show a noticeable improvement!

I was unimpressed by the auto settings but amazed at how easy it is to change the settings. I know very little about photography and I already find myself adjusting the slides which makes a drastic difference.

Residing

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
Now it is confirmed!

Unfortunately, we have to live with the fact that the photos taken with the Lumia 1020 are not on par with our expectations! At least in Auto mode!

What's confirmed exactly? The OP has admitted that he/she is not a photographer nor has experience using this device and its technical capabilities of the camera/camera software.

I would think that many would gather reviews from bloggers with technical experience and camera/cameraphone prowess so as to be well informed BEFORE making a purchasing decision.

muderko

May 28, 2013
Visit site
I was unimpressed by the auto settings but amazed at how easy it is to change the settings. I know very little about photography and I already find myself adjusting the slides which makes a drastic difference.

Now we are talking business!

Waiting for your pics pavvento :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

muderko

May 28, 2013
Visit site
What's confirmed exactly? The OP has admitted that he/she is not a photographer nor has experience using this device and its technical capabilities of the camera/camera software.

I would think that many would gather reviews from bloggers with technical experience and camera/cameraphone prowess so as to be well informed BEFORE making a purchasing decision.

By saying confirmed, I was referring to people who claim the photos are being taken with a Lumia 1020. Now, we are sure it is the Lumia 1020.

Nokia did not mention that this device is meant for bloggers and people with technical experience, it was designed for average people who wants a good smartphone with a decent camera!

Cod3rror

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I will take more at a baseball game tomorrow night: Lumia 1020 Test Photos - a set on Flickr

You can check the EXIF data on each picture to see the different settings. Some look like garbage simply because I was seeing the difference between various settings.

1. Thanks for posting them!

2. WOW, those images are absolutely AWFUL! WTF were Nokia engineers smoking when designing this camera? It's pretty obvious all the talented engineers left the company. Zoom in on those 5MP images, they are terrible!

muderko

May 28, 2013
Visit site
Well, most of the pics are grainy, and the zoom is not doing such a huge advantage as advertised!

Residing

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
By saying confirmed, I was referring to people who claim the photos are being taken with a Lumia 1020. Now, we are sure it is the Lumia 1020.

Nokia did not mention that this device is meant for bloggers and people with technical experience, it was designed for average people who wants a good smartphone with a decent camera!

But I'm sure Nokia didn't say the release date to the 'average user' was July 21st. When an average user purchases a high end, technical device and doesn't take time to learn the basics of how to use it, and find they are disappointed that the device and photos don't look as they want them to, they'll blame Nokia.
The point: sadly there will be some people looking at these photos( taken by this OP who doesn't know camera basics) and declare that the camera and phone are no good; hence my comment about people waiting to be informed by experienced tech bloggers or someone with camera phone prowess.

Last edited:

muderko

May 28, 2013
Visit site
But I'm sure Nokia didn't say the release date to the 'average user' wasn't July 21st. When an average user purchases a high end, technical device and doesn't take time to learn the basics of how to use it, and find they are disappointed that the device and photos don't look as they want them to, they'll blame Nokia.

The point: sadly there will be some people looking at these photos( taken by this OP who doesn't know camera basics) and declare that the camera and phone are no good; hence my comment about people waiting to be informed by experienced tech bloggers or someone with camera phone prowess.

Basic camera= auto mode, flash off/on, night mode off/on, photo/video, zoom +/-, wait for focus,,,,, , shooooot!

Anything more than that is not basic, it is advanced!

I am not making a judgment now, I am just having a preliminary impression! Mostly based on (Nokia hype).

pavvento

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
I want to put the disclaimer out there again that I am learning a lot of these features for the first time. I've added a few more photos to the photo stream if you want to check it out. I'll hopefully have more time tomorrow to learn about different settings in preparation for the baseball game. I apologize to anyone who's excitement has been dampered.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuffster