I have a Nokia Lumia 1020 AMA

Kissanviikset

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
What i tried to do was ISO 100-200 ONLY and the "It's Insert explitave cloudy setting"( little cloud icon for scene change)

Those shots are very noisy looking and flower shot looks out of focus and very noisy lacks details copmletely. ISO performance doesn't look so good at all. Granted 100 ISO would have been enough for those shots.

unternull

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
I was looking for maybe a macro setting since I wanted to get close up but couldnt find one. I'm sure its there somewhere im still learning

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Kissanviikset

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
I was looking for maybe a macro setting since I wanted to get close up but couldnt find one. I'm sure its there somewhere im still learning

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

You can just use manual focus for macro shots. Focus is locked and you can fine tune it just moving camera closer or further a bit.

abouttoswitch

Jul 22, 2013
Visit site
I think that a huge part of these photos not looking good is the photographer. In the majority of the photos the subject is out of focused and or overexposed. It is clear to me that this guy has no clue about how to use even the basic camera functions and it is a shame that he is the ambassador to all of the regulars here at wpcentral who are wondering about what this camera can do. I appreciate what he is doing, but there are no way that the results should be this bad. Looking back on my first few years of dslr photos I see the same thing, but eventually once I got the basics of composition and my camera settings down I was able to take some pretty great photos.

I look forward to the coming days and weeks when competent testers run the 1020 through its paces.

Idiocracy_izruts

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
Those shots are very noisy looking and flower shot looks out of focus and very noisy lacks details copmletely. ISO performance doesn't look so good at all. Granted 100 ISO would have been enough for those shots.

What noise? Look at the 5MP oversampled image, almost completely clean. And it's not out of focus, it's just the focus is on that front plant.

abouttoswitch

Jul 22, 2013
Visit site
Unternull, I was not trying to make a personal attack. Looking at youtube videos of the nokia pro-cam app it looks like it can be pretty tricky to get used to. I am sure that I will have a hard time getting used to it as well. There is always a huge learning curve with new cameras.

I am just frustrated that veteran 808tographers and the like are jumping all over these photos which are taken by a new photographer and comparing them to their own which is fueling an extremely negative debate about a phone that I am so excited about. This whole thread is really bumming me out honestly.

Keep at it and I look forward to seeing what the camera can do.

vlad0

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
I can pretty much guarantee these are not prototypes

They wouldn't give you prototypes.. it doesn't make any sense :)

What i tried to do was ISO 100-200 ONLY and the "It's Insert explitave cloudy setting"( little cloud icon for scene change)

Nice, and just to let you know, the cloudy setting will tend to make the colors a bit warmer overall. Thanks for the samples.. good work!

Pics look good.. I am getting used to the grain, the only thing that is kind of annoying is the edge softness.. everything is just a blur around there

v2JmocX.jpg

Sniper1087

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
that hurt abouttoswitch. :*( </3

Just wanted to share my excitement.

Trying to do my best.I am still green at photo taking.

Well it's fine you have to learn somewhere asking wouldnt be wrong, take a pic uploaded and ask depending n scenery what settings should be use there, and someone is bound to help you.

vlad0

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
The middle of the frames is very sharp indeed.. sharper than the 808 on auto settings

yA7g3hG.jpg

and that's 200 iso.. not bad at all

Knut_H

Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
I think that a huge part of these photos not looking good is the photographer. In the majority of the photos the subject is out of focused and or overexposed. It is clear to me that this guy has no clue about how to use even the basic camera functions and it is a shame that he is the ambassador to all of the regulars here at wpcentral who are wondering about what this camera can do.

Speak for yourself. I personally appreciate these early sample pictures, and they do look decent. Contrary to popular belief, it does not require a great deal of skill to operate a camera. These pictures give a more accurate impression of the optical and sensor performance, precisely because they are not fine-tuned to hide eventual weaknesses of the assembly. Compared to the 808, the 1020 seems to exhibit improved dynamic range due to exponential advantage of BSI with smaller photosites. More fine detail is apparent, but is mistaken for "grain" or "noise" by some in this thread, who prefer to examine the picture on a pixel level instead of judging the images by viewing them as a whole.

Last edited:

biboyflip

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
They wouldn't give you prototypes.. it doesn't make any sense :)

Nice, and just to let you know, the cloudy setting will tend to make the colors a bit warmer overall. Thanks for the samples.. good work!

Pics look good.. I am getting used to the grain, the only thing that is kind of annoying is the edge softness.. everything is just a blur around there

http://i.imgur.com/v2JmocX.jpg

Buddy, don't confuse the effect of shallow DOF since you have a subject in front which is the focal point. 1020 has fixed aperture of 2.2 so this is normal when you have a closer focused subject to have a blurry background. Same considerations for "bokeh" effect. By the way, 1020 produce better "bokeh" than 808 because of larger aperture size (focal length is the same).

If you want to have a overall sharp image, then use hyper focus. Easier way to do is focus on far object in the background like in landscape photography.

B1zzle

Jul 21, 2013
Visit site
I will be doing some thorough testing outdoors with this phone on a boat in an inlet with sun everywhere this week......

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)