I have a Nokia Lumia 1020 AMA

Kissanviikset

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site

LumiaChemist

Jun 23, 2013
Visit site
Before someone says that 1020 is noisy let me tell that it is Nokias postprocessing noise that they ad to 5Mpix images. It doesn't work very well on that shot. You can see it in all 5Mpix images.

I first thought so too, because bicubic nor lanczos produces noise if you use them to supersample the 38MP pictures.
But in the end, its only introduced through massive post-sharpening.

LumiaChemist

Jun 23, 2013
Visit site
and dont go full rage on this grainy parts. its absolut normal for this process even a dslr would look like this.

Here is a picture taken with my d5100, iso 200, supersampled like the 1020 and sharpened.
Really grainy in those parts who would appear even in real life.

DSC_0062.jpg

bygbyron3

May 23, 2013
Visit site

Kissanviikset

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
When looking those new photos i can tell that noise isn't issue at all. 1020 should take quite good low light photos. I know from experience with my 920 that i can shoot easily at 100-200 ISO @ 1/3 shutter speeds without blurring. OIS really helps there. 1020 produces less noise and it is much finer grade so it is no brainer that low light shots should look quite good.

I also like lot how 1020 isolates subjects from background. Very nice DOF for phones camera. Skilled photographer will be able take very good photos whit it.

Winfonejunkie

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
For those living in a small world who don't acknowledge that anything but Nokia phones exist, 920 comparisons may be good enough. But in the real world, there's a sea of smartphones with better cameras than the 920, and the 1020 needs to be able to trump those slim, sexy, less expensive, and far more powerful smartphones in the camera department to justify its very existence. It's already been established time and time again by mainstream non-Nokia *** kissing phone review sites both large and small that the 920 has one of the weakest daylight capabilities of any smartphone. You can tell an image was taken by the 920 because its blurry and edges are always poorly defined, even at high noon. Saying that you shouldn't introduce Galaxy S4 or iPhone 5 pics to compare is like saying the 1020 is so bad it can't compete directly and instead needs to find an uglier cousin to stand next to. Many of the images do look better than the 920, but my old 8MP Note 2 really spanks the 1020 on sharpness and non-fuzzy detail. Can't imagine how much spanking the 13MP Galaxy S4 will give it, or the new iPhone 5S with 13MP. The only reason why I don't have the S4 right now is because I was waiting out for months in anticipation for the 1020. Talk about a cruel joke. I might as well wait for the LG G2, Sony Honami, and Note 3 before deciding on my next phone.
Hey cool guy, perhaps its best you go use your iphone and leave us alone. You posted nothing but a mountain of BS here. I hope you weren't serious in their being a "sea" of phones with better cameras than the 920...::grincry:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa