I have a Nokia Lumia 1020 AMA

B T C

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
Now I would like to hear the Comments of Cod3rror. :winktongue:
Btw. where is unternull?

I agree. It's too bad he was banned. I would like to hear his explanation of why the IPhone5 photo is better. I suspect it would be entertaining. I have seen him trolling some other site within the last hour comparing the 808 and the 1020.

Deutscher2

Jul 21, 2013
Visit site
I agree. It's too bad he was banned. I would like to hear his explanation of why the IPhone5 photo is better. I suspect it would be entertaining. I have seen him trolling some other site within the last hour comparing the 808 and the 1020.
Link? :grincry: I would like to see how he reacts after the new Reviews and Photos of the 1020. He must now see, that the 1020 is definitively a better Camera than the IPhone.

Last edited:

SwimSwim

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
Thanks. It should also be noted that both of these are without flash on. I was absolutely stunned (as was my family) with how light the photo was. The bottle and table was a lot easier to see in the photo than with our own two eyes!
Wait, flash was /off/ in that shot? Did you up the ISO or did the device automatically take that shot? If it was fully automatic, then that's incredible, I'm blown away.

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
It was one of the links in the 808 1020 Comparison thread in this forum. He's posting stuff in the comments.

Imaging data points for the Nokia 808, Lumia 1020/925 and HTC One

I see the avatar of another 1020 hater in those comments as well. :) They are just as fanatical as the worst WP haters, in this case irrationally defending a phone they dont seem to own. But it wont matter, cos the 1020 is already getting rave reviews, and will be the KING of smartphone photography for a long while.

And if there's anything we've learned about Nokia is they continously work on improving the cameras in their phones so as good as the 1020 is today it will be improved further in the coming months, just as they did with the 808. As it improves further comparison with the 808 will be interesting but to be even in that league says it all, the 1020 has a fantastic camera. Right now there are only two devices worth talking about when it comes to smartphone cameras, those who cant accept that the 1020 is one of those two are just deluding themselves.

All hail the new King, the Lumia 1020!!! (That should get the haters going). :) :) :)

Last edited:

SwimSwim

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
I'm upset that I go to a Microsoft Store and they don't even have a demo unit up to play with on display. Darn Century City Microsoft Store!!!

Sure about that? My local MS Store didn't have their demo unit on display either, but rather, it was being kept in the back. Try asking an employee if they have a demo unit you could play with, the employees at my Microsoft Store were incredibly eager to demonstrate the capabilities of the camera.

unternull

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
They should be able to coteganut unless like the Lumia 900 they had the exclusivity and blocked unlocking for 6 months. Case by case basis I assume.

unternull

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Phone comes out tomorrow I hope I helped everyone build excitement into owning a new device that will take awesome pictures , I know i am taking mine on vacation this year and will have a blast!

Thank you everyone and the community for being understanding and patient when it came to me and my pictures.

Cod3rror

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Hello boys, I am BAAAAACCCK!!!!

Y1IFecK.png

OK, first of all, mods, thanks for not perm-banning me. I'm not going to be too harsh because it seems lots of people cannot take harsh criticism here, no matter how true.

Now, back to the topic, I've done some comparisons with 808 and it's clear that 1020 uses too much sharpness. The quality and details are there, but pictures are too sharpened, which causes jagginess on the edges, grain and noise.

In this picture you can see just how much more quality 808 captures.
original.jpg

And in this you are presented with too much saturation by 1020, too much grain and noise. You would not even know what the red text said if you hadn't had a look at 808 picture.
original.jpg

This image illustrates jagginess of 1020. Caused by too much sharpening. Interestingly, when comparing full size versions of the below images, I liked 1020's more. Colours looked nice, more lit, nice, but too sharp.
ZxP0msR.jpg

Somebody else made this picture... again shows too much artificial sharpness.
a12.png

shadyghost

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
I don't think anyone is arguing there is some work to be done on the AI of the 1020, and considering the amount of time the 808 has been out I would have been surprised if the 1020 debuted with a vastly superior image quality compared to the 808. What I personally got tired of was 808 owners and (Android lovers) trying to portray the 1020 as a rubbish camera that couldn't hold a candle to the 808 or SG4. That is rubbish itself. I've now seen comparison pics between the 808 which the quality is equal or surpassed by the 1020. Granted not very many but the pics I've seen are still great. Also lets not forget most of these pics are under auto control. I'm looking forward to playing with the camera under manual controls. I would also remind you of the pics that were downsampled using photoshop exhibit none of the jaggedness or noise. So something is up with the algorithms obviously.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro