Question about AT&T's "partial discoout"

Jaybotics

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
I pre-ordered my phone at the Microsoft Store. It was $25 to reserve. Does that carry over to the price that I will have to pay for the phone?

Also, I got an AT&T message saying that I am eligible for a partial discount to upgrade my phone. Does anyone know what that upgrade price will be for the 1020?

prjkthack

Sep 21, 2011
Visit site
I pre-ordered my phone at the Microsoft Store. It was $25 to reserve. Does that carry over to the price that I will have to pay for the phone?

Also, I got an AT&T message saying that I am eligible for a partial discount to upgrade my phone. Does anyone know what that upgrade price will be for the 1020?

$299. AT&T is simply telling you that you can get upgrade pricing by signing a new two-year contract. You don't get an additional discount more than the phone is already discounted.

At most stores, when you reserve something, any money you put toward it gets used at purchase time.

rchillin

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
I ended up calling them. The partial discount would be 299.99 + 250.00 instead of paying the full contract free price.

That's one thing about AT&T that's upsetting. For an additional $100, you can get the phone off contract but doing so does nothing to lower your bill.

warrentaye

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
I am in the same boat and IMO its not worth it, I would actually get it off contract and pay the extra money, maybe trade in my 920 for credit towards it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss