Well AT&T is scheduled to start shipping their 1020 pre-orders tomorrow for delivery by Friday, July 26th. When I reviewed my MS online pre-order it said that shipping is next business day FedEx but we still don't have a consensus of when they will actually ship (unfortunately it looks to be on release day, Friday). All those reading this (AT&T as well as MS Online), give us a heads-up if you get a shipping notification email and estimated delivery date so we can get giddy Christmas-in-July along with you

In the meantime, who is getting what accessories ahead of time? screen protector? camera shell? wireless charging shell? protective case? (if so, which one and where from?)

Techiedude
    07-23-2013 06:01 AM
    My AT&T order that is supposed to ship today, still says processing
    07-23-2013 06:53 AM
    They could technically wait until 11:59 tonight to ship and they'd still be shipping on time, as long as the information is transmitted to Fedex. Fedex probably already has them in their warehouses, similar to the way Apple and UPS handle shipments of new iOS devices.
    07-23-2013 07:04 AM
    Reddit apparently tweated theirs had been shipped. Read that on mynokiablog this am. Mine is also still processing. Placed the order as soon as it came up just after midnight.
    07-23-2013 07:24 AM
    Just placed mine with at&t yesterday but it was before they changed shipping date to 24th. Says should go out today hopefully it will. Still says processing but all my pre orders with them have. They take all day today. Then the two days end up being Thursday and delivery Friday.
    07-23-2013 07:32 AM
    I ordered from the MS Store...I figure I have quite awhile to wait before the phone gets to my door.

Anywho, I am looking at the Speck protective case? It's listed at the ATT online store for 35$. Has anyone had a Speck branded protected case on their phone before? I think my mom had one on her 920, but I think she had to remove it as the case was too tight for the buttons and actually causing battery drain? -but I dunno, I haven't seen her case yet to inspect. ---My Titan still has the CaseMate protective shell on it and looks/held up pretty nice for 2 years.

I will probably buy a screen protector too- Zagg or a universal one...as gorilla glass is not scratch proof.
    07-23-2013 07:36 AM
    I ordered from the MS Store...I figure I have quite awhile to wait before the phone gets to my door.

Anywho, I am looking at the Speck protective case? It's listed at the ATT online store for 35$. Has anyone had a Speck branded protected case on their phone before? I think my mom had one on her 920, but I think she had to remove it as the case was too tight for the buttons and actually causing battery drain? -but I dunno, I haven't seen her case yet to inspect. ---My Titan still has the CaseMate protective shell on it and looks/held up pretty nice for 2 years.

I will probably buy a screen protector too- Zagg or a universal one...as gorilla glass is not scratch proof.
    Another Titan owner ready to finally upgrade? Me too Love the size of the screen and the display but that was about it lol Lack of MFR support/fixes/updates sealed the deal to go with a Nokia (that and the camera !). When I saw yesterday that Nokia was releasing the 625 with a Titan-sized screen and an SD card slot all I could think of is "what could have been" for the 1020 Seriously bummed they couldn't do that for the 1020. My guess is that they'll update the 1020 with those specs 9-12 months after initial release and I'll be upgrading yet again to get the exact phone I want...

I'm also looking at a Zagg screen protector as I've been really happy with the one on my Titan; unfortunately when I contacted Zagg, the CS rep said they didn't know of any imminent release of an InvisibleShield for a Lumia 1020 so I'm probably gonna have to cut-n-paste a universal one or possibly use a spare Titan one sitting around the house and size it accordingly...
    07-23-2013 08:06 AM
    Another Titan owner ready to finally upgrade? Me too Love the size of the screen and the display but that was about it lol Lack of MFR support/fixes/updates sealed the deal to go with a Nokia (that and the camera !). When I saw yesterday that Nokia was releasing the 625 with a Titan-sized screen and an SD card slot all I could think of is "what could have been" for the 1020 Seriously bummed they couldn't do that for the 1020. My guess is that they'll update the 1020 with those specs 9-12 months after initial release and I'll be upgrading yet again to get the exact phone I want...

I'm also looking at a Zagg screen protector as I've been really happy with the one on my Titan; unfortunately when I contacted Zagg, the CS rep said they didn't know of any imminent release of an InvisibleShield for a Lumia 1020 so I'm probably gonna have to cut-n-paste a universal one or possibly use a spare Titan one sitting around the house and size it accordingly...
    I contacted bestskinsever. They said they'll be releasing a skin shortly after the phone is released and put me on the email list. I've used them before, they're skins are cheap, but good quality. I use their skin on my MBA and HTC One.
    07-23-2013 09:43 AM
    Another Titan owner ready to finally upgrade? Me too Love the size of the screen and the display but that was about it lol Lack of MFR support/fixes/updates sealed the deal to go with a Nokia (that and the camera !). When I saw yesterday that Nokia was releasing the 625 with a Titan-sized screen and an SD card slot all I could think of is "what could have been" for the 1020 Seriously bummed they couldn't do that for the 1020. My guess is that they'll update the 1020 with those specs 9-12 months after initial release and I'll be upgrading yet again to get the exact phone I want..

Yea, the Titan has literally been the first phone that I've owned that still looks immaculate. I remember that I specifically wanted the Titan for the 4.7" screen. I remember coming from the Touch Pro 2 so the screen size was what really had me sold. However, like you said, the Titan had come with it's hiccups. -from antennagate issues to lack up support -and even releasing the Titan 2 -3 months later (which was obviously to quietly hush the screw up on HTC's part with the first Titan) had me disgusted with HTC. I had mostly owned HTC phones prior, but I sadly think this will be my last HTC. If they come out with a HTC One like WP, then I "might" think about it...but sadly my decision on going all Nokia from now on is indefinite.

I lucked out though on some of the problems -especially the software side. XDA has been my family for years with being a rom chef for Windows Mobile and Windows Phone. Thank god the friends over there exploited/unlocked the 2nd gen WP7 bootloaders for custom roms. I probably would've just ditched the Titan if it wasn't for that. Anywho, I will still keep my Titan as I believe this will be the last phone I'll ever make a custom rom for and I don't want to forget the legacy of rom cooking these last 10 years.
    techiedude007 likes this.
    07-24-2013 12:27 AM
    finally got email, will be here tomorrow!
    07-24-2013 09:01 AM
    Got my email. Shipped out yesterday shows delivery tomorrow by 4:30. It showed processing up until 8 this am
    07-24-2013 09:12 AM