12-23-2013 11:27 AM
55 123
tools
    Just received a shipping notice from the order I placed on amazon. Luckily I was able to secure it for $26. It seems the price is back up again.

Sent from my RM-877_nam_att_205 using Tapatalk
    08-13-2013 07:01 PM
    Just received a shipping notice from the order I placed on amazon. Luckily I was able to secure it for $26. It seems the price is back up again.

Sent from my RM-877_nam_att_205 using Tapatalk
    Ordered 2 myself even though I haven't got a 1020 yet, got a spare just in case and should be shipping anytime as well. :)
    08-13-2013 07:07 PM
    Mine shipped today from amazon. Finally, ordered on launch day 7/26. $26
    08-13-2013 07:11 PM
    Has anyone else had the wireless cover scratch the sides of the phone where it clips on? A tiny particle must have got stuck in between the case and the housing, scratching the bottom right corner EVER so slightly. Honestly, it's not even visible unless you point the light at it at a certain angle, however I'm curious to know if anyone else has experienced this.
    08-13-2013 07:15 PM
    1. Gonna get one, put it onto 1020.
    2. Tether unlimited 4G data contract.
    3. Download Connectify. Combine Broadband & 4G.
    4. Put 1020 onto Wireless charging mat.
    5. Enjoy superfast home broadband.
    08-13-2013 07:52 PM
    I ordered the yellow shell from amazon a few weeks back. They pulled the listing, and left only the black. Well, I just got an email saying my yellow case was preparing to ship, and will be here on Friday. I'll be interested to see what shows up.
    08-13-2013 08:40 PM
    You've got to be ****ting me, the effing charging shell almost never works without adjusting it on the back of the phone. Anybody else having this issue?
    I've pried the contacts out a little too.
    08-17-2013 05:48 PM
    You've got to be ****ting me, the effing charging shell almost never works without adjusting it on the back of the phone. Anybody else having this issue?
    I've pried the contacts out a little too.
    I've noticed this. Not sure if it's the contacts or something else though. Case in point, I've had problems with the Stand and a third party Qi plate. But then the CR-200 works flawlessly without changing a thing. I then bring it back inside and the plates work again. It's kind of random though.

Something tells me it could be a software glitch and not the backplates.
    bawboh86, redeyss and Jeebus137 like this.
    08-17-2013 06:27 PM
    Yeah it's random because it seems like the shell is on and the contacts are touching. But...it seems to work always if I give the shell a little jiggle so I'm confused. I'm really bummed and hope to get to the bottom of this soon. Thx for sharing Dan;)
    Sent from my RM-877_nam_att_205 using Board Express
    08-17-2013 10:11 PM
    Just curious, are you all using skin protectors on the back of the device? I have similar results with the charger (kind of finnicky and needs to be shifted sometimes before it will work) and I have a Zagg skin on the front and back of the device.

I wish the shells (both the wireless charger and camera grip) didn't pull on the edges of the back skin, I have a feeling I'm going to end up pulling it off so I can use these accessories without always worrying about it when I remove the shells.
    08-17-2013 11:25 PM
    Be aware that the charging coils are much lower on this shell than they are on the Lumia 920 or 820. Look at the phones quick guide book it has a diagram displaying the charging area. Therefore on a charging stand or even pad you have to move the phone slightly up in order to acquire a connection. It is easy to loose a connection if it isn't perfectly aligned. The charging pad is a better option because it has three charging coils covering the entire surface area, now iam not sure about the stand.
    08-18-2013 01:32 AM
    I've been having problems with wireless charging. I had to open up the holes on the phone to ensure constant contact with the cover.

Now, I'm getting random lockups when I place or remove the phone from the charger. While charging, the clock and flashing battery charge indicator will be displayed. I can double tap the screen and move around the phone. I'll let it re-lock and remove it from the charger. Now the phone is stuck with the glance screen on and there is no response from any button or screen tap. After a minute or so, the phone reboots. I'll get the same thing when putting the phone on the charger. I finish using my phone, lock the screen and place it on the charger. The clock is stuck on the screen, I don't get a charging notification and the phone becomes non-responsive. It will reboot after a minute or two.

It doesn't happen every time, but it does happen enough to make it annoying.
    08-18-2013 08:56 AM
    Well....I've heard enough stories to say I'm not "investing" in a charging shell or a charging plate until I hear things are working better. While I really, really enjoy my move from my Pre 3 to the Lumia 1020, I do miss the wireless charging.
    08-18-2013 07:53 PM
    My yellow shipped from Amazon. Secured it for $26. I noticed that the "bad connection" that you're all referring absolutely has to do with the placement of the 1020 on the charging plate. It really does have to be a little higher than the 920. I'm very happy to have wireless charging back and also happy that the corners of the 1020 are protected.
    08-19-2013 04:05 AM
    I've begun to place the 1020 higher on the charging plate and am having more success tho not 100% yet.
    08-19-2013 07:51 AM
    Lucky buggers , even after reading about some of the problems stil itching to try ,been looking to buy the yellow shell, just can't find it anywhere in stock besides ebay~ Wonder whats holding up the production, tons of black shells though xD
    08-19-2013 08:20 AM
    After no consistent luck with 3 from the Microsoft store, my pre-order from Amazon shipped. Out of the box this one worked MUCH better however it's still not 100%. At about 4 in the morning I get that nice "ding-da-ding" sound from the phone letting me know it's started charging.

It seems like once it reaches close to a full charge it struggles knowing what to do and starts doing the unplug/plug thing repeatedly.
    08-19-2013 08:26 AM
    Well I finally got one of these things from Amazon on Friday. I've used it a couple of times since then and .... it just works. Simple as could be. Here I was thinking I'd have to maybe monkey with the pins or position the phone JUST RIGHT on the charging plate... nope. Just works, and charges quick too. Nicely done, Nokia.

I am removing the phone from the plate just after it finishes charging though. I've decided to try to give up overnight charging in an attempt to avoid possible long-term harm to the battery. Will see how it goes but so far so good.

I was also surprised by how much better the phone feels in the hand with this shell on it. It flattens it out and this makes it surprisingly easier to hold. The extra edges introduced on the sides aren't terribly comfortable but they seem like they might make the phone a little easier to grip.
    08-19-2013 10:03 AM
    Seem that if I position the phone on the dt-900 charging plate with about 1/2" of the bottom of the plate showing I get more consistent results. Try it;)
    Sent from my RM-877_nam_att_205 using Board Express
    08-19-2013 06:42 PM
    Nokia need to come out with a camera grip with wireless charging a in one.
    08-20-2013 12:07 AM
    08-20-2013 06:04 PM
    Saw this has anyone tried to do it with the L1020

Guide for hacking wireless charging into the Nokia Lumia 925 posted | WMPoweruser

More clues to adding the coil internally:
    http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53...item3f27b8c2b7
    Last edited by dtk31883; 08-21-2013 at 08:17 PM.
    JustlMe likes this.
    08-21-2013 07:39 PM
    Maybe I'm just one of the lucky ones, but I've had the wireless charging sleeve for about a week and it's acted as advertised so far. I just clip it on and put it on the charge pad and it works. I've had no alignment or contact problems so far with the sleeve itself. The charging sweet spot is definitely lower on the phone than the Lumia 920 and the 1020 gets just as hot while charging from the pad. I've had good results aligning the bottom edge of the phone with the bottom edge of the charge plate.
    08-23-2013 01:19 AM
    Okay,

I stopped using the wireless charging shell.

As much as I like it: for me, it doesn't scratch the corners and it always works when i put it on the charger. But my 1020 dropped about 1 foot and hit some concrete. The wireless charging shell flew off the phone and I got a knick on one of the corners. Very sad about this. The old Nokia CC-1403 or whatever case that used to be on my 920 protected that thing like a boss. I was hoping to get protection AND wireless charging, but this thing only looks like it does one of the two things really well.

I bought that cheap one that WPCentral recommended. The $6 one. It showed up yesterday and already I can tell that this case is definitely going to protect it way better than the wireless charging shell.

I really loved the color of that thing and really wanted to use it as my daily driver, but if it can't protect a corner from a 1 foot fall then it's really not worth using. Just my opinion but wanted to share my experience with y'all. Cheers!
    08-23-2013 08:58 AM
    I would just like to comment I am also having trouble with the charging shell. It works randomly, I wake up in the mornings to find out it didn't stay charging through the night. Hopefully we figure out a solution soon.
    08-23-2013 09:33 AM
55 123