Lumia 1020 Wireless Charging Shell

Heatnup

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I have looked, but I cannot find anything regarding the wireless charging shell. When might this be available and for how much? I will admit, Nokia converted me to wireless charging and I cannot ever use another phone without it. Now I just want to find a way for my hybrid Windows 8 Laptop to charge wirelessly.

Please advise if you have information.

Curtieson

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
I have looked, but I cannot find anything regarding the wireless charging shell. When might this be available and for how much? I will admit, Nokia converted me to wireless charging and I cannot ever use another phone without it. Now I just want to find a way for my hybrid Windows 8 Laptop to charge wirelessly.

I do not think that information is out yet...anything now would just be rumors...BUT...I'd expect the case to be $40-$50 and release within the month. And it might help with your searching, but it is "CC-3066" product code.

Just the main review. Nokia Lumia 1020: Wireless Charging Cover hands on | Windows Phone Central

[Ambassadors, UNITE! hahahah]

TimmyJo

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site

Please advise if you have information.

All three colors were available on AT&T Premier when I ordered my phone (VERY early). I ordered a white one. They soon disappeared. My phone was sent out last night with the charging grip (did not order, but do want). On my order status page, there's a white accessory that's "processing". I'm hoping AT&T get's these in when everybody else does. I don't think they're actually in stock anywhere. I'm still waiting to see what I was charged for.

videian

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
Not to excited about the $40 for this, then the $80 for the grip, then there's the need for the wireless plate charger....on top of the initial $300

this is an expensive experiment, owned the 808, know what it's capable of, the OS just drove me nuts, have high hopes for this, just damn expensive to buy into it lol.

beefgyorki

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
Amazon has listings for the Black/Yellow ones (out of stock of course) but I'm curious, is there any reason to think there won't be a White Charging Cover as well?

Bigfireq

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
I picked one up at the MS Store over at University Village in Seattle. They only had black in stock, and only three of them.

So far, I'm not very happy with it. It's well designed, for what it is, but it adds that plastic lip onto what is otherwise a smooth, rounded edge of the 1020. Bleah!

vtective

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
I picked one up at the MS Store over at University Village in Seattle. They only had black in stock, and only three of them.

So far, I'm not very happy with it. It's well designed, for what it is, but it adds that plastic lip onto what is otherwise a smooth, rounded edge of the 1020. Bleah!

I agree. I also feel like the corners could be tighter. I purchased mine from the MS Store, too.

bawboh86

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
I'm waiting for a Microsoft Store near me (or online) to have them in stock. I have a gift card that I'd like to use. Though, that reduced price is pretty tempting/awesome...

WG Rowland

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Got it from Microsoft store. Can not get it to consistently charge. I'm very frustrated as I moved up from the 920 and have three of the standing charge plates (one for work, one for office, one for bedroom). Wife only needs one, and now appears the other two are wasted... I hate wired charging.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb