03-08-2014 07:03 AM
321 12345 ...
tools
    Answered above. Twice.
    So it will auto-upload the lo res to skydrive? Assuming the low res version goes to camera roll as normal
    07-24-2013 10:03 AM
    Is there any way to make it NOT create any 5 MP versions until you want to share something? Do you think the 5 MP version is the reason why it has such lag after taking a picture?

Do you hold it with your index finger under the bump or on the bump?
    07-24-2013 10:04 AM
    I haven't seen much talk about video. How does the "zoom reinvented" work with video? Do you edit the video after it is shot? If so, can this be done on the device?
    You can use lossless zoom (swipe finger up) up to 3x. Also makes no noise, obviously.

Re: editing Nokia Video Trimmer helps you shorten videos; shows up in the Store, but you can't download it yet | Windows Phone Central
    07-24-2013 10:05 AM
    The Pro Camera is "fast" in the sense it can shoot high ISO. So you can get one really good "fast" shot. But due to the 2 sec render, you won't be able to do action shots e.g. rapid fire. That's why Nokia has Smart Cam though, which you can also make the default camera app/launcher.
    To me, a major advantage of having a camera phone always available is the ability to quickly pull it out and take a picture at any time. Windows Phone makes this pretty easy.

With the 1020, if you just want to take a single shot quickly (time from phone in pocket to single picture taken), do you have to give up anything to get that? Nokia made a big deal of the ability to take the picture and then go back and perfect it later, which seems like a good idea, but maybe not if it takes longer to just take the picture in the first place.
    07-24-2013 10:06 AM
    Any word about a cyan option?
    07-24-2013 10:06 AM
    I'm a little ocd and the 920 ear mic is a lint trap. I believe that is where dust enters ffc (I've had multiple warranty returns for this issue). In your opinion, does the mic look smaller, better designed, or shallower than the 920s?
    Also, can you find time to play "skulls of the shogun" for 20 mins and see how hot the 1020 gets, my 920 burns up while gaming?;)
    07-24-2013 10:07 AM
    How long does it take from starting camera to having picture captured?
    I'm bothered with this comment from Verge
    "The lag is most obvious when you’re unlocking the Lumia 1020 straight to the camera app, which takes about five seconds of holding the shutter button before you’re ready to take a picture. "
    Did you notice the same?
    4-5 seconds (holding down shutter, it kicking in, launching Pro Camera, etc.)
    Yeah, Pro camera takes a second to load. Can't say it's a bad thing though or something that is causing me problems.
    Pavel_Y likes this.
    07-24-2013 10:07 AM
    Is there any way to make it NOT create any 5 MP versions until you want to share something? Do you think the 5 MP version is the reason why it has such lag after taking a picture?

Do you hold it with your index finger under the bump or on the bump?
    No. It's 5MP + 38MP or just 5MP for saving options.

I have no idea what causes the lag...lots going on behind the scenes.
    07-24-2013 10:08 AM
    4-5 seconds (holding down shutter, it kicking in, launching Pro Camera, etc.)
    Yeah, Pro camera takes a second to load. Can't say it's a bad thing though or something that is causing me problems.
    Have you tried other Camera apps? Do they launch faster?
    07-24-2013 10:08 AM
    Is there a way I can play ATT to swap my 920 and get this one? I am already trying to convince my wife whose iPhone contract is up, but just in case that doesn't work out :)
    Ask AT&T if you are eligible for the new AT&T Next upgrade program.
    07-24-2013 10:10 AM
    Is the aluminium cold to the touch like the Surface is (I mean after leaving the phone for a while and returning) or does the black covering on it take this effect away? I just think that cold metal is a really reassuring feature on a device.
    07-24-2013 10:11 AM
    I'm a little ocd and the 920 ear mic is a lint trap. I believe that is where dust enters ffc (I've had multiple warranty returns for this issue). In your opinion, does the mic look smaller, better designed, or shallower than the 920s?
    Also, can you find time to play "skulls of the shogun" for 20 mins and see how hot the 1020 gets, my 920 burns up while gaming?;)
    ear speaker is definitely thinner than the 920. Can't speak to the dust trap part...dust could probably still get in there, but it's harder and would be less noticable. Re: FFC camera, that was a seal issue that was resolved on newer 920s (my white one had it bad, my yellow is clean as day 1), so I don't expect that to be a problem here either.
    07-24-2013 10:12 AM
    Do you know when the wireless charging shells will be available to buy?
    07-24-2013 10:13 AM
    Dan, does taking pictures in the smart cam app change the quality of the image as opposed to the pro app? Like if you did a burst to get best shot what resolution / quality are the images? If they're 5mp are they down sampled?

I haven't seen a single review address this! Thank you!
    07-24-2013 10:14 AM
    I have a question regarding the body of the phone. I had 4 (yes four!) of 920s with squeaking/creaking body. I don't know if it was a bad batch or a design defect but many other owners reported it too. So my main concern is if that is fixed on the 1020. How does it feel under some pressure? Can you feel any gaps between the body and the internals of the device? Thank you very much!
    I Unquello likes this.
    Have you tried other Camera apps? Do they launch faster?
    Sure, if you use the default Windows Phone camera app, it's as fast as ever. Just Pro Camera has to "load". Seeing as that is an actual app (via the Store), Nokia can probably optimize it for speed with future releases.
    Pavel_Y likes this.
    Does it come with the Amber update?
    1. Do you have glance turned on and do you notice any drain or think it's noticeable if someone was to have it on all the time throughout the day?
    2. Do you think the Matte will scuff in the corners like it did on the 900 & 920's?
    3. How much space does the 5MP +38MP take up on the phone for each picture?
    How does the OIS perform? I've alwasy found the N920's a bit 'wobbly', not pleasant to look at, especially at the edges. Really hope that has improved with this new generation. Could you maybe make a sample video?
    Do you know when the wireless charging shells will be available to buy?
    I know Amazon has them listed. I don't expect AT&T to get them.
    07-24-2013 10:15 AM
    Does it come with the Amber update?
    Of course. GDR2 + Amber.
    07-24-2013 10:15 AM
    Does this phone ship with both Amber and the GDR2 update? If so, can you comment on Skype improvements, random battery drain (as compared to the 920), BT4.0, among others? Thank you
    07-24-2013 10:16 AM
    Sure, if you use the default Windows Phone camera app, it's as fast as ever. Just Pro Camera has to "load". Seeing as that is an actual app (via the Store), Nokia can probably optimize it for speed with future releases.
    If i don't want to use the advance settings of the Pro camera app, would the image quailty be the same using the default? In other words is the 5 + 38 thing a feature of this firmware or of Pro shot App?
    07-24-2013 10:16 AM
    Engadget noticed some weirdness when recording video using the Camera Pro lens where it only sounded like it was coming from one audio channel. They also had an issue with the mic not working while using it as a speakerphone. Have you seen either of these issues?
    07-24-2013 10:17 AM
    Will there be a 920/925/928/1020 and PureView 808 camera comparison?

When will the Amber update come to 920?

Is there lots of grain and noise in the pictures(using auto, since some consumers will do this) like in the earlier AMA pics?

Will Nokia add a cyan/spearmint(light green) color option in the future?

When holding the phone for all noncamera uses, does it feel akward/uncomfortable?
    07-24-2013 10:18 AM
321 12345 ...