I've got the AT&T Nokia Lumia 1020. You've got questions. Get your answers here!

Daniel Rubino

Editor-in-chief
Staff member
Jan 19, 2006
Visit site
Engadget noticed some weirdness when recording video using the Camera Pro lens where it only sounded like it was coming from one audio channel. They also had an issue with the mic not working while using it as a speakerphone. Have you seen either of these issues?
Haven't tried yet, will do later today.

Daniel Rubino

Editor-in-chief
Staff member
Jan 19, 2006
Visit site
Dan a couple of other reviewers have noted the camera / Pro Cam completely locking up and freezing the phone. Have you experienced this?
I saw that and seemed like it happened once for Engadget. I noticed the first time I launched Pro Cam and hit Settings, the screen went black and I had to reboot. Since then, it's been peachy.

I'm sure v1 of Pro Cam has some bugs, but it's a downloadable app via the Store, meaning Nokia can (and will) fix and improve it--it's not a ROM/firmware thing, so I'm not too concerned.

Daniel Rubino

Editor-in-chief
Staff member
Jan 19, 2006
Visit site
1. Do you have glance turned on and do you notice any drain or think it's noticeable if someone was to have it on all the time throughout the day?
2. Do you think the Matte will scuff in the corners like it did on the 900 & 920's?
3. How much space does the 5MP +38MP take up on the phone for each picture?
Love Glance. I use the Peek option though, so when I pull out of my pocket, boom, the Time. Can't say it uses a lot of battery.
No idea about the Matte/scuffs. It does have anti-fingerprint/dirt on it and if you had a scuff, would be tough to see.
See above: 3MP + 9-15MB

Vaibhav Malviya

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
hey i wanna ask bout how nokia manages to put 41mp camera on the phone? coz the chipset doesnt support it!! do the have another processor for camera like they had in pureview 808.

Daniel Rubino

Editor-in-chief
Staff member
Jan 19, 2006
Visit site
I would also like to know if it get's hot during gaming (e.g. Skulls of the Shogan for 20min as suggested above)
Pretty sure it will, I mean, the guts are the same as the 920 but in a thinner shell. All smartphones these days get warm with heavy processing.

banvetor

May 5, 2011
Visit site
In your opinion from your quick experience with the device so far, what's the best and quickest way to transfer photos?

I hate that the 1020 has no mSD slot, 80% in part because of the limited memory, 20% due to not able to copy the photos around with an mSD...

Keep in mind that I may want to transfer photos to computers that are not mine... and that 200-300 photos may take a lot of space (even the 5MP oversampled ones)... and that some wifi routers are quite slow...

Thanks!

Daniel Rubino

Editor-in-chief
Staff member
Jan 19, 2006
Visit site
hey i wanna ask bout how nokia manages to put 41mp camera on the phone? coz the chipset doesnt support it!! do the have another processor for camera like they had in pureview 808.
Chipset does support it because Nokia and Qualcomm worked together to re-write the imaging stack.

ALpHa.Q.RoUgH

Jan 21, 2012
Visit site
1. On the 920 if you zoomed in before you took a picture more than likely the picture came out fuzzy or not as clear. Is it the same for the 1020 or is that part of the zoom REINVENTED? In other words is it better to take a regular shot and then zoom to crop later or is the quality of the shot zoomed in better than on the 920?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs