03-08-2014 07:03 AM
321 ... 45678 ...
tools
    I haven't heard anything about this yet so I'm glad you're doing this Q&A.

How does the front facing camera (think Skype) compare to the 920 one? Was there any feedback on Nokia specifically redesigning the housing of it so we won't have dust all over it like in the 920?
    07-24-2013 10:55 AM
    Is there a difference in the 5MP images that are taken when you're in 38MP+5MP mode versus those taken in just 5MP mode?
    Is it possible to do a burst mode photo and keep all of the photos rather than having to select the best one right away?
    How do the low light photos (for example, of people inside a darkly-lit restaurant) compare to the Lumia 920?

Thanks!
    no, the 5MP images look real good regardless
    You never have to select the best right away, all Lenses have the option to go back and re-edit the image
    Haven't tried yet
    07-24-2013 10:56 AM
    Hey Daniel,

No question here, just wanted to say thanks for answering all the questions (some multiple times). Easily my nominee for OETY (Online Editor of The Year) :)

Might have to copy-n-paste 'em into another Forum sticky LOL

Techiedude
    Muessig and benrp like this.
    07-24-2013 10:57 AM
    I haven't heard anything about this yet so I'm glad you're doing this Q&A.

How does the front facing camera (think Skype) compare to the 920 one? Was there any feedback on Nokia specifically redesigning the housing of it so we won't have dust all over it like in the 920?
    No need to redesign the housing, it was a simple sealant issue that is fixed on newer 920s.

1020's FF camera shows more detail/sharper, though I also look a tinge orange.
    07-24-2013 10:58 AM
    Random question, do gameloft games like Order & Chaos, or NOVA run smoother with an extra gig of ram?
    Haven't tried but I'm not expecting it to make a difference. Will see for the review.
    07-24-2013 10:59 AM
    Hey Daniel,

No question here, just wanted to say thanks for answering all the questions (some multiple times). Easily my nominee for OETY (Online Editor of The Year) :)

Might have to copy-n-paste 'em into another Forum sticky LOL

Techiedude
    Sure, no problem! It's all about the community here.
    Muessig, BIGPADDY and benrp like this.
    07-24-2013 11:00 AM
    Hi Daniel,

Quick question about the camera grip accessory: When put on the 1020, does it go over the lanyard? Meaning that when the grip is on, you can't put a lanyard anymore? I ask, because I'm pretty enthusiastic about taking pics and movies at concerts, but dropping the phone when a duche runs into me - not...

thanks for all your answers BTW!
    07-24-2013 11:00 AM
    Hi Daniel,

Quick question about the camera grip accessory: When put on the 1020, does it go over the lanyard? Meaning that when the grip is on, you can't put a lanyard anymore? I ask, because I'm pretty enthusiastic about taking pics and movies at concerts, but dropping the phone when a duche runs into me - not...

thanks for all your answers BTW!
    They have a slit for the lanyard, that you can literally slide it through. They thought of everything, so no worries there ;)
    07-24-2013 11:02 AM
    Hi Daniel! Can you tell me any info about the release date for Oggl, have u tried oggl pro features? I know its not a Lumia 1020 question but its related due to nokias announcement. thanks!
    07-24-2013 11:04 AM
    Hi Daniel! Can you tell me any info about the release date for Oggl, have u tried oggl pro features? I know its not a Lumia 1020 question but its related due to nokias announcement. thanks!
    Have only tried Oggl at the 1020 premier event, I don't have it installed. No word on release date though I imagine it's sooner than later.
    07-24-2013 11:07 AM
    Not sure if this has been answered yet since this is a 14 page thread and counting...

Anyway, my question is about the zooming capabilities while shooting video. Does the phone allow you to zoom in/out while shooting live video? And if so, how effective is the zoom?

Thanks!
    07-24-2013 11:07 AM
    edit: nm I found it

btw thanks for the Q&A, very informative
    07-24-2013 11:12 AM
    Not sure if this has been answered yet since this is a 14 page thread and counting...

Anyway, my question is about the zooming capabilities while shooting video. Does the phone allow you to zoom in/out while shooting live video? And if so, how effective is the zoom?

Thanks!
    Yes, up to 3x "lossless" zoom. Works well as it makes no noise.

You can see it in action here: Photos and video of Hipstamtic
    07-24-2013 11:12 AM
    though I also look a tinge orange.
    Time to step away from the bottle of self tanner ;)
    07-24-2013 11:14 AM
    Given the incredible amount of work Nokia has done with the hardware, firmware, and software do you care to speculate on the possibility of getting the camera to take slow-motion video? In other words could the FPS be bumped up at the expense of, say, pixel count, through a software update or using the existing SDK API?
    07-24-2013 11:14 AM
    1) Is this the best WP out there?

2) WPCentral and Winsupersite.com gave the Lumia 1020 a great all around review all other sites (Downgraded their review because it wasn't running Android and apps like Instagram and Google+) Do you think its fair to downgraded the phone because it doesn't have these first party apps? Do you think these complaints will lessen when Microsoft updates the OS and 1st party app like Instagram notices that the Lumia 1020 is the phone they want to be on?

3) Do you think SkyDrive will be updated to support large files coming from the Lumia 1020?

Sorry for all the questions I just have a problem with how the Tech Blogs talk about a great phone but then decide because it doesn't have want they want give it a bad grade and make it seem its not a great all round product.
    07-24-2013 11:19 AM
    1. The screen is said to be different than the 920 more like the 925. Does it make the tiles pop?

2. Have you played much with the zooming and reframing and will you have reframing and zooming examples up anytime soon
    07-24-2013 11:19 AM
    You've mentioned the wireless charging case being available on Amazon a few times, do you have that link? I've searched and all I get are a bunch of crappy TPU cases ;)

btw thanks for the Q&A, very informative
    Amazon.com - Wireless Charging back for Lumia 1020 (out of stock)
    jmerrey likes this.
    07-24-2013 11:20 AM
    Given the incredible amount of work Nokia has done with the hardware, firmware, and software do you care to speculate on the possibility of getting the camera to take slow-motion video? In other words could the FPS be bumped up at the expense of, say, pixel count, through a software update or using the existing SDK API?
    I'd say anything in the realm of photography and videography is on the table for Nokia. They can certainly do it though we have no idea if they are working on it.
    07-24-2013 11:21 AM
    Since you can only upload the large files to the AT&T Locker, will it let you do this over data or do you HAVE to be on wifi?
    07-24-2013 11:23 AM
    1) Is this the best WP out there?

2) WPCentral and Winsupersite.com gave the Lumia 1020 a great all around review all other sites (Downgraded their review because it wasn't running Android and apps like Instagram and Google+) Do you think its fair to downgraded the phone because it doesn't have these first party apps? Do you think these complaints will lessen when Microsoft updates the OS and 1st party app like Instagram notices that the Lumia 1020 is the phone they want to be on?

3) Do you think SkyDrive will be updated to support large files coming from the Lumia 1020?

Sorry for all the questions I just have a problem with how the Tech Blogs talk about a great phone but then decide because it doesn't have want they want give it a bad grade and make it seem its not a great all round product.
    1. I mean, it's the 1020 or the 925. Depends on how much you value imaging. If you not much, the 925 is amazing.
    2. I think the "I wish it had Android!" complaint is getting real old. The best smartphone for mobile photography is the Lumia 1020. A Windows Phone. Deal with it already.
    3. No idea about SkyDrive. Maybe. I wouldn't think it's a priority.
    ALpHa.Q.RoUgH, gazmatic and mpt15 like this.
    07-24-2013 11:23 AM
    Since you can only upload the large files to the AT&T Locker, will it let you do this over data or do you HAVE to be on wifi?
    Pretty sure Wi-Fi but I need to try yet.
    B1zzle likes this.
    07-24-2013 11:26 AM
    1. The screen is said to be different than the 920 more like the 925. Does it make the tiles pop?

2. Have you played much with the zooming and reframing and will you have reframing and zooming examples up anytime soon
    Yes, with AMOLED the screen is much brighter, sharper than the 920's LCD.
    Will post reframing samples, yes.
    07-24-2013 11:27 AM
    Did it pass your cat's sniff test? Would like to see a photo of them with the 1020. Thanks for the earlier response regarding focus lock, I am more excited about the amber update now :).
    07-24-2013 11:30 AM
    I believe the extra Gig of RAM helps in multi tasking. Does 1020 run smoother than the 920 when running many apps at once?
    07-24-2013 11:36 AM
321 ... 45678 ...