I've got the AT&T Nokia Lumia 1020. You've got questions. Get your answers here!

Daniel Rubino

Editor-in-chief
Staff member
Jan 19, 2006
Visit site
Hi Daniel,
There has been some criticism around low light pics for the 1020, in your opinion is it valid? Especially compared to the 920/5/8

Cheers

Lloyd
Gut reaction: 1020 lowlight imaging is as good and maybe better than 92x. Will need to do more tests though. Plus, the Xenon flash is the best I've used.

MrPhilicorda

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
Hi Daniel, I have a question about the screen. I used to have a Lumia 800 with the AMOLED 'ClearBlack' technology and I didn't like it at all, it was too much black. It was as if all shades beneath a certain treshold just became black and you would lose detail. I think the 920 screen is better and it feels much more natural. How is the 1020 in this respect?

Daniel Rubino

Editor-in-chief
Staff member
Jan 19, 2006
Visit site
I had a similar question on "resume to photo". How long does it take from hitting the camera button to wakeup the phone, holding it down, and being ready for your first shot?

There was a review (I think on the verge) where they said it was 5 seconds, twice that of the iPhone. How does the 1020 resume-to-photo time compare to say the 920?
If you use Pro Camera, it's about 5 seconds, so a delay. If you use the default cam app, it's the same as always.

Daniel Rubino

Editor-in-chief
Staff member
Jan 19, 2006
Visit site
Hi Daniel, I have a question about the screen. I used to have a Lumia 800 with the AMOLED 'ClearBlack' technology and I didn't like it at all, it was too much black. It was as if all shades beneath a certain treshold just became black and you would lose detail. I think the 920 screen is better and it feels much more natural. How is the 1020 in this respect?
I like the display a lot and with the tools under Display + Setting for manipulating contrast/saturation, it's not an issue to make things more "natural" looking

GK Wong

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
Does the amoled screen have any color banding issue? Especially when displaying gradient tones. Battery life better compare with 920?

Daniel Rubino

Editor-in-chief
Staff member
Jan 19, 2006
Visit site
Does the amoled screen have any color banding issue? Especially when displaying gradient tones. Battery life better compare with 920?
If you load a full gradient, sure you can notice it a little bit, but it's less than what it used to be on WP7 devices like the Focus, etc.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadDaniel