I've got the AT&T Nokia Lumia 1020. You've got questions. Get your answers here!

mjhannaf

Jan 2, 2012
Visit site
Two questions:

1. Any info/whispers/leaks/anything on a possible 1025 later this year or next?

2. How fast does it fill up if you're taking pictures in conjunction with apps/music/etc?

Thanks!

Daniel Rubino

Editor-in-chief
Staff member
Jan 19, 2006
Visit site
How would you describe the ability of the 1020 to rapidly take pictures or describe the responsiveness in situations where you would need to take a "quick" picture of a child in the moment?

Thanks
The Pro Camera is "fast" in the sense it can shoot high ISO. So you can get one really good "fast" shot. But due to the 2 sec render, you won't be able to do action shots e.g. rapid fire. That's why Nokia has Smart Cam though, which you can also make the default camera app/launcher.

Daniel Rubino

Editor-in-chief
Staff member
Jan 19, 2006
Visit site
Two questions:

1. Any info/whispers/leaks/anything on a possible 1025 later this year or next?

2. How fast does it fill up if you're taking pictures in conjunction with apps/music/etc?

Thanks!
Too early to talk about a 1025 or whatever. My guess is Nokia has a long road map though with multiple devices planned.

Regarding memory, on the high end a full res pic takes 15MB + 3MB for the smaller one. Can it add up? Sure. Am I immediately concerned with 32GB (25GB available)? No. But it's also early.

AaHaa

Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
I'd like to know if it gets warm on the back, where the battery is located. My 920 does that and it would be an awesome improvement if the 1020 didn't.

theroyboy44

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
I've heard from a friend who knows people that the integration with social media is even more immerse in the 1020. I was wondering if this was true and if so how much more (examples perhaps). And if it is would some of those immersion techniques be implemented on future Lumia devices, say of the top of my head........the 925. lol

AkAdam

Sep 9, 2011
Visit site
Is it possible to purchase the Lumia 1020 from AT&T outright for the full purchase price and then unlock it and use it with a T-mobile SIM? I know the U.S. version of the phone supports LTE Band 4 which is what T-mobile uses. However, it looks like AWS HSPA+ is disabled on the 1020. Would unlocking the phone enable AWS HSPA+ and make the phone fully compatible with T-mobile's network? I live in Long Island NY where we get T-mobile LTE and just switched to T-mobile this past weekend (got a Lumia 925), but it would be awesome if I had the option to get the Lumia 1020!!!

Daniel Rubino

Editor-in-chief
Staff member
Jan 19, 2006
Visit site
Here i go
- Is there any kind of "sharpness control " In Nokia pro camera? It was present In 808.
- Is it able to put off the phone 38 mpx pics without using a pc? For example dropbox/SkyDrive/email
- how grainy (noisy) are 800 ISO pics at full res compared to Lumia 920?
- which is the highest ISO level you can select manually? And what about automatically set iso, forcing a fast shutter speed and +2ev overexposed pic In very low light? What is the max iSO level In that situation?
  • No sharpness control
  • See above: Only the AT&T version can back up full res to the cloud via AT&T Locker
  • Haven't done a direct comparison at that level. But the 1020 is much better than 920 overall for images.
  • 3200 ISO, yes, can select manually. Will have to test that latter situation.

Benjamin Olry

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
  • Does the Camera pro app allow to adjust options like jpeg quality, noise reduction or saturation for the full size image?
  • As seen on a picture from dpreview the chromatic aberation is rather noticable in the corners:
    http://connect.dpreview.com/reviews...arision/wp_20130723_14_50_17_pro__highres.jpg
    Does switching to 16:9 aspect ratio change it significantly to the better or worse ?
  • Will third party apps be able to dig into the full resolution of the camera via nokia imaging sdk or are there already apps that can shoot hdr images at full resolution?

Daniel Rubino

Editor-in-chief
Staff member
Jan 19, 2006
Visit site
  • Does the Camera pro app allow to adjust options like jpeg quality, noise reduction or saturation for the full size image?
  • As seen on a picture from dpreview the chromatic aberation is rather noticable in the corners:
    http://connect.dpreview.com/reviews...arision/wp_20130723_14_50_17_pro__highres.jpg
    Does switching to 16:9 aspect ratio change it significantly to the better or worse ?
  • Will third party apps be able to dig into the full resolution of the camera via nokia imaging sdk or are there already apps that can shoot hdr images at full resolution?

• No, no and no
  • Haven't tested quite yet, haven't noticed it either
  • Yes e.g. CNN, Foursquare, Yelp, Oggl are a few that come to mind. That will happen when they get updated soon.

Daniel Rubino

Editor-in-chief
Staff member
Jan 19, 2006
Visit site
I've heard from a friend who knows people that the integration with social media is even more immerse in the 1020. I was wondering if this was true and if so how much more (examples perhaps). And if it is would some of those immersion techniques be implemented on future Lumia devices, say of the top of my head........the 925. lol
Can't say that I've noticed this. Perhaps they just mean the forthcoming Oggl app, etc.

Daniel Rubino

Editor-in-chief
Staff member
Jan 19, 2006
Visit site
Is it possible to purchase the Lumia 1020 from AT&T outright for the full purchase price and then unlock it and use it with a T-mobile SIM? I know the U.S. version of the phone supports LTE Band 4 which is what T-mobile uses. However, it looks like AWS HSPA+ is disabled on the 1020. Would unlocking the phone enable AWS HSPA+ and make the phone fully compatible with T-mobile's network? I live in Long Island NY where we get T-mobile LTE and just switched to T-mobile this past weekend (got a Lumia 925), but it would be awesome if I had the option to get the Lumia 1020!!!
I would not bother heading down this route. AT&T is not obligated to unlock it for you (meaning you could be screwed) and SIM unlocking won't unlock any radios. 925 is a damn sweet phone on T-Mobile, I'd stick with that.

gtbuzz

May 27, 2011
Visit site
Is the full-res photo saved on the phone as a JPG or some sort of RAW file? Are there going to be any tools on the PC-side for post-processing?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte