I've got the AT&T Nokia Lumia 1020. You've got questions. Get your answers here!

GrizzlyStrong

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
1) Is this the best WP out there?

2) WPCentral and Winsupersite.com gave the Lumia 1020 a great all around review all other sites (Downgraded their review because it wasn't running Android and apps like Instagram and Google+) Do you think its fair to downgraded the phone because it doesn't have these first party apps? Do you think these complaints will lessen when Microsoft updates the OS and 1st party app like Instagram notices that the Lumia 1020 is the phone they want to be on?

3) Do you think SkyDrive will be updated to support large files coming from the Lumia 1020?

Sorry for all the questions I just have a problem with how the Tech Blogs talk about a great phone but then decide because it doesn't have want they want give it a bad grade and make it seem its not a great all round product.

manison88

May 24, 2012
Visit site
1. The screen is said to be different than the 920 more like the 925. Does it make the tiles pop?

2. Have you played much with the zooming and reframing and will you have reframing and zooming examples up anytime soon

Daniel Rubino

Editor-in-chief
Staff member
Jan 19, 2006
Visit site
Given the incredible amount of work Nokia has done with the hardware, firmware, and software do you care to speculate on the possibility of getting the camera to take slow-motion video? In other words could the FPS be bumped up at the expense of, say, pixel count, through a software update or using the existing SDK API?
I'd say anything in the realm of photography and videography is on the table for Nokia. They can certainly do it though we have no idea if they are working on it.

B1zzle

Jul 21, 2013
Visit site
Since you can only upload the large files to the AT&T Locker, will it let you do this over data or do you HAVE to be on wifi?

Daniel Rubino

Editor-in-chief
Staff member
Jan 19, 2006
Visit site
1) Is this the best WP out there?

2) WPCentral and Winsupersite.com gave the Lumia 1020 a great all around review all other sites (Downgraded their review because it wasn't running Android and apps like Instagram and Google+) Do you think its fair to downgraded the phone because it doesn't have these first party apps? Do you think these complaints will lessen when Microsoft updates the OS and 1st party app like Instagram notices that the Lumia 1020 is the phone they want to be on?

3) Do you think SkyDrive will be updated to support large files coming from the Lumia 1020?

Sorry for all the questions I just have a problem with how the Tech Blogs talk about a great phone but then decide because it doesn't have want they want give it a bad grade and make it seem its not a great all round product.
  1. I mean, it's the 1020 or the 925. Depends on how much you value imaging. If you not much, the 925 is amazing.
  2. I think the "I wish it had Android!" complaint is getting real old. The best smartphone for mobile photography is the Lumia 1020. A Windows Phone. Deal with it already.
  3. No idea about SkyDrive. Maybe. I wouldn't think it's a priority.

Daniel Rubino

Editor-in-chief
Staff member
Jan 19, 2006
Visit site
1. The screen is said to be different than the 920 more like the 925. Does it make the tiles pop?

2. Have you played much with the zooming and reframing and will you have reframing and zooming examples up anytime soon
Yes, with AMOLED the screen is much brighter, sharper than the 920's LCD.
Will post reframing samples, yes.

moc426

Apr 2, 2012
Visit site
Did it pass your cat's sniff test? Would like to see a photo of them with the 1020. Thanks for the earlier response regarding focus lock, I am more excited about the amber update now :).

chrgeorgeson

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
I have a new born and I'm stuck in the house a lot. Most of my pictures are obviously taken indoors where the smartphone cameras have a very hard time with taking a great looking picture. Can you please take some indoor shots under different lighting scenarios?

Daniel Rubino

Editor-in-chief
Staff member
Jan 19, 2006
Visit site
I have a new born and I'm stuck in the house a lot. Most of my pictures are obviously taken indoors where the smartphone cameras have a very hard time with taking a great looking picture. Can you please take some indoor shots under different lighting scenarios?
Will see what I can do for the review.

Daniel Rubino

Editor-in-chief
Staff member
Jan 19, 2006
Visit site
I believe the extra Gig of RAM helps in multi tasking. Does 1020 run smoother than the 920 when running many apps at once?
In theory, yes, though it assumes the OS struggles with 1GB of RAM. If it is faster (and it doesn't feel sluggish, for sure) it's not that noticeable.

TimmyJo

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
I know Amazon has them listed. I don't expect AT&T to get them.

When I ordered my phone from AT&T premier (VERY early), all three colors of the wireless charging cover were listed. I ordered the white one. My order arrives tomorrow, but with a white grip case (not ordered, but wanted). My order status says that I have an accessory still processing. It must be the white cover. Maybe the covers are coming.......?

Mingu7

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
I had a similar question on "resume to photo". How long does it take from hitting the camera button to wakeup the phone, holding it down, and being ready for your first shot?

There was a review (I think on the verge) where they said it was 5 seconds, twice that of the iPhone. How does the 1020 resume-to-photo time compare to say the 920?

strikeIII

Jul 22, 2013
Visit site
Has anyone done a restore from a backup of a 920 to the 1020? If so, did you run into any errors? I ran into an error on mine but seems to have restored properly. I'm thinking that some settings from the 920 are no longer compatible on the 1020 and that's what causes the error.

EDIT: I reset my 1020 and did the restore again and no errors this time around.

Lloyd Grose

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Hi Daniel,
There has been some criticism around low light pics for the 1020, in your opinion is it valid? Especially compared to the 920/5/8

Cheers

Lloyd

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett