I've got the AT&T Nokia Lumia 1020. You've got questions. Get your answers here!

immyperez

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
I don't know if this has already been answered, but here goes...

Without the pro camera app, the phone only takes 5mp pics that are not oversampled? This also includes when using lenses???

Can someone, PLEASE CLARIFY?

I'm wondering if keeping my 920 is better - also heard low light shots are not as good! This can't be true, can it???

Edit: It appears the answers were not too hard to find after all, lol.

Daniel Rubino

Editor-in-chief
Staff member
Jan 19, 2006
Visit site
I don't know if this has already been answered, but here goes...

Without the pro camera app, the phone only takes 5mp pics that are not oversampled? This also includes when using lenses???

Can someone, PLEASE CLARIFY?

I'm wondering if keeping my 920 is better - also heard low light shots are not as good! This can't be true, can it???

Edit: It appears the answers were not too hard to find after all, lol.
Yeah, from what it looks like it always creates an over-sampled 5MP photo, even in the default app. The option is whether you want the full 34 or 38MP one too.

Kallisticker

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
Hi Daniel,

have you ever used / held an 808 Pureview?
Does the hump of the 1020 support the grip as the hump of the 808 does, i.e. putting the middle finger below the hump?
WP_20130724_009.jpg
Or is the 1020s hump situated to low?

Daniel Rubino

Editor-in-chief
Staff member
Jan 19, 2006
Visit site
Hi Daniel,

Will the CR-200 wireless charger for the 920 also fit the 1020? The 928 apparently does not fit properly. Thanks!
I don't know, I'd assume so. Thought it had clamps and was kind of universal, so surprised about the L928 if accurate.

Daniel Rubino

Editor-in-chief
Staff member
Jan 19, 2006
Visit site
Hi Daniel,

have you ever used / held an 808 Pureview?
Does the hump of the 1020 support the grip as the hump of the 808 does, i.e. putting the middle finger below the hump?

Or is the 1020s hump situated to low?
Finger crosses the bottom half of it, keeps lens exposed. The bump doesn't interfere with the grip, it's more a texture thing that you notice it.

DyeLongJustice

Dec 25, 2012
Visit site
Are we really going to have to wait 6 months before we can unlock it in the USA? I have t-mobile, and waiting for the 920 would've sucked (I lucked out on Craigslist and got the developer edition). I'm currently rocking the LG Optimus pro which was locked to AT&T and has been out less than 6 months, but was unlockable. I'm hoping there will be a way to get the 1020 on t-mobile without paying more than the 699 price tag...

Daniel Rubino

Editor-in-chief
Staff member
Jan 19, 2006
Visit site
Question...since it saves two copies of the photo does that mean that you have two separate albums? Or does it save both images in the camera roll album
Nope, you only *see* one on the phone, which you can endlessly edit, save and share unless you delete it. Only on the PC do you see both files next to each other.

Daniel Rubino

Editor-in-chief
Staff member
Jan 19, 2006
Visit site
Are we really going to have to wait 6 months before we can unlock it in the USA? I have t-mobile, and waiting for the 920 would've sucked (I lucked out on Craigslist and got the developer edition). I'm currently rocking the LG Optimus pro which was locked to AT&T and has been out less than 6 months, but was unlockable. I'm hoping there will be a way to get the 1020 on t-mobile without paying more than the 699 price tag...
Could buy an international one unlocked, no? Maybe wait for Rogers (would work better on T-Mobile).

SwimSwim

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
How useful is that camera strap thing they throw in? Is it large enough to be comfortable, yet small enough to not slip off?

Would you recommend using the strap even when not using the camera (I.E: So it doesn't accidentally slip out of your hand and fall)?

How good is the speaker quality? Does it have clear, loud output?

And these are just more generalized questions, but:

Any suggestions on a quality case for this thing (Don't want to be breaking a $700 phone now).

And finally, I'll be moving to this device from a Lumia 900. This will be my first Windows Phone 8 device, so any suggestions on transferring from 7.8 to 8? How can I preserve my settings and data? Will I have to lose all gaming progress?

Thanks so much for doing this, it's much appreciated!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium