I've got the AT&T Nokia Lumia 1020. You've got questions. Get your answers here!

Lawrence Crecy

Dec 12, 2012
Visit site
Is there a way to access the 38 megapixel pics other than hooking up to a PC? I am on a Mac and it doesn't mount/recognize the 1020. I want to grab the 38mp pics from the phone and use on my Mac.

Also, is it normal to see jaggies in the oversampled 5mp pics? Especially on long straight lines?

Not that I'm on a mac, but I would like to know this as well since I currently live with my sister and don't have access to my PC 99% of the time. So my phone is my PC which is working better than I thought, so is there a way to access the full res photos on my phone without a computer?

SwimSwim

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
Not that I'm on a mac, but I would like to know this as well since I currently live with my sister and don't have access to my PC 99% of the time. So my phone is my PC which is working better than I thought, so is there a way to access the full res photos on my phone without a computer?

Only AT&T Locker, I'm afraid. With time, perhaps MS will beef up SkyDrive to support such large uploads from Windows Phone.

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
it was close to 2gb when i bought the phone. Now it is 2.8gb. I hope it won't grow more.

Sounds fixed to me. /s Sometimes I wonder if anyone in Microsoft actually uses a WP device on a daily basis cos their phones seem to operate in some smartphone utopia that is far removed from what we experience...

geekaren

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
it was close to 2gb when i bought the phone. Now it is 2.8gb. I hope it won't grow more.
Yeah, other storage is currently at 2.6GB on my 1020 -- that's more than I was expecting so soon after getting the phone. I've been reading up on other storage, is it possible the 1020 proactively "reserves" that 2.5GB for camera output (photos / video)?

Otherwise, love love love the 1020. WP8 is fast & responsive. Really happy with pro camera photo quality -- having a blast getting out and shooting a variety of photos to put the camera though its paces.

Last edited:

Mafiatounes

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
Isn't it so that other storage also counts the offline maps in the calculation? Maybe someone can check by removing and re-adding maps...

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4 Beta

husam2277

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
My question is about the screen quality, do you notice blurry text and image trail while scrolling?
Also did you notice any scrolling discontinuity (not smooth, flickering) while scrolling? Try the wpcentral news feed to judge...

The above are issues i have experienced on my 925 and wondering if its related to the amoled screen...

Thanks Daniel

stga77

Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
I'm a bit worried about the fact that the buttons and camera housing is made out of aluminum.
Is it really scratch resistant or not?
Might be hard for you to answer already, but I give it a try.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

PepsimanLeh

May 19, 2013
Visit site
I cant speak to the 925 part, but the zoomed in 5mp photo looks amazing. because it is oversampled, there is less variation in color between adjacent pixels due to noise and when zoomed it looks much more crisp. Also, because it is originating from a 38 MP photo or so, it just looks stunning, especially when very fine details are present and can be examined.

How about the screen? Does it has the "shadow text" thing?

thrmlsam

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
Hi,
I wanted to buy a factory unlocked version of lumia 1020. i already got an at&t unlocked version of lumia 920 and it doesn't have some features like data sense. can anyone temme where i can get the factory unlocked version?

Thank you

dfaris

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
Can you confirm if you can dictate into WP8 MS word app on the phone? I know you can dictate
email, text, open apps and make calls but can you dictate into the word app? I'm due for an upgrade in August
and have been playing with the 1020 in the ATT store but cant find out how to dictate into word or if you can.

Thanks

kopi22

Jul 22, 2013
Visit site
Hey. 1 question from me. Hope is not too noob for you to answer.

When we are doing adjustment of the ISO, WB, etc via the Camera Pro, does the screen shows exactly what the outcome of the photo will be with the adjustments made? I'm having a 820, and when taking photos at night, no matter how I adjust the ISO, etc the view finder / screen still remains dark. In other words, only when I snap the picture, then I will see if the adjustments are correct. Perhaps Pureview will not have such issues though.

Thanks!

ChuckOp

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Can you confirm if you can dictate into WP8 MS word app on the phone? I know you can dictate
email, text, open apps and make calls but can you dictate into the word app?

No, most speech recognition in mobile devices is limited to voice commands and short phrases. If full, context-free grammar dictation is important to you, consider using Windows Speech Recognition on Microsoft Surface, or one of the smaller form factor tablets that are expected. The Acer Iconia W3 might be an option.

Obviously, these aren't phones, but are highly portable.

ParoleGA

Jul 23, 2013
Visit site
No, most speech recognition in mobile devices is limited to voice commands and short phrases...

I am no fan boy, but that isn't really correct. Modern Android phones and Apple devices allow you to use text to speech in about any text field, with a mic button on the keyboard. Apple also had Dragon dictation for a long long time, which allows for dictation cut/paste, and formatting later. There are a few dictation apps in the WP store, that I assume function similarly, but I have not tried them.

The draw back of those other OSes is poor Office substitutes. Unfortunately, MS has decided to play nice with them, or at least nicer. They now both have a version of Office Mobile, although I hear it isn't as functional. Again, can't speak much to that, as I have left both of those OSes for a silky smooth OS, no (Project) butter required.

Last edited:

ParoleGA

Jul 23, 2013
Visit site
Isn't as functional as what? Office on Windows Phone? It's hard to imagine how something could be any more basic.

I was pretty clear that I had not tried it, so I couldn't say.

If you mean Office on WP8 is basic, compared to Office on your PC, I would agree. If you mean basic compared to say, Polaris Office, which came on my Note2, I would say not a chance. Not only is that more basic, it is barely usable.

Office on any mobile is not really intended for document creation. It is far more functional for editing than non-MS Office products. Again, I can't speak to Office for Android/iOS, aside from what I have heard.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos