I've got the AT&T Nokia Lumia 1020. You've got questions. Get your answers here!

Daniel Rubino

Editor-in-chief
Staff member
Jan 19, 2006
Visit site
Nokia_Lumia_1020_Yellow_Camera.jpg

The Nokia Lumia 1020's release is so close, you can almost touch it. But for some of you still on the fence, you may have some technical questions.

So for the next few hours, I'll be tackling what you throw at me as best as I can (remember, I have a site to run too).

ricbon

May 5, 2012
Visit site
1st......to ask a question does the 2gbs of ram make the phone faster say from the 920,925,925. I know its more for the camera but does the OS gain a little more from it

moc426

Apr 2, 2012
Visit site
Hey Dan can you confirm the focus on the pro camera does/doesn't lock? Meaning it has to search every time you snap a picture. The iphone camera works which locks in automatically or locks in where you tap then you just keep tapping the shutter button and it will snap away unhindered. I am really hoping they change this in the pro camera software as that has an on screen shutter button.

Daniel Rubino

Editor-in-chief
Staff member
Jan 19, 2006
Visit site
1st......to ask a question does the 2gbs of ram make the phone faster say from the 920,925,925. I know its more for the camera but does the OS gain a little more from it
Good question and I've done some initial tests. It doesn't feel sluggish at all, but for launching apps, loading web pages etc. it doesn't look different compared to a 920. So if there is a gain from having an extra 1GB of RAM, it's very small and most won't notice.

Jay Bennett

Resident Developer
Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
Is it at all possible to get to the 38mp photos without connecting the device to a PC (such as uploading the originals to Skydrive?)

NokFromApp

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
Is there a way I can play ATT to swap my 920 and get this one? I am already trying to convince my wife whose iPhone contract is up, but just in case that doesn't work out :)

Evan Watson

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
I love my Lumia 920 and the ability to take great pictures. I am tempted to use another upgrade to get the 1020 but I am not sure if I should wait. I know that there are new phones that will continue to be released but I am on the fence about upgrading. I have a newborn and a 2 year old so the ability to take great pictures at a moments notice is big. How would you describe the ability of the 1020 to rapidly take pictures or describe the responsiveness in situations where you would need to take a "quick" picture of a child in the moment?

Thanks

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Have you heard anything for a Canadian release, and with the wireless charging plate attached how much does it add in weight and height compared to a 920? Thanks.

Daniel Rubino

Editor-in-chief
Staff member
Jan 19, 2006
Visit site
Hey Dan can you confirm the focus on the pro camera does/doesn't lock? Meaning it has to search every time you snap a picture. The iphone camera works which locks in automatically or locks in where you tap then you just keep tapping the shutter button and it will snap away unhindered. I am really hoping they change this in the pro camera software as that has an on screen shutter button.
It does lock and you can throw it into full manual, which is really awesome.

jholso

Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
Question, the camera surround is aluminum correct? So not that I use them often, but those magnetic lenses you reviewed for the L920, do they stick on without the little ring? Could be useful for future stick on lenses with that sensor. Have you tried it yet?

Juanma Herrera

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
Here i go
- Is there any kind of "sharpness control " In Nokia pro camera? It was present In 808.
- Is it able to put off the phone 38 mpx pics without using a pc? For example dropbox/SkyDrive/email
- how grainy (noisy) are 800 ISO pics at full res compared to Lumia 920?
- which is the highest ISO level you can select manually? And what about automatically set iso, forcing a fast shutter speed and +2ev overexposed pic In very low light? What is the max iSO level In that situation?

Enviado desde mi VOYO A15 usando Tapatalk 4 Beta

Daniel Rubino

Editor-in-chief
Staff member
Jan 19, 2006
Visit site
Visual/style question: how visible is the camera bump on the phone when kept in your pocket? Thanks for the AUA!
Not that visible, but I haven't worn to many "fancy pants" with it either. Overall, I'd rather carry the 1020 than the 920 due to weight.

papalakaka

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
@ricbon's question about the RAM is really interesting.
could you therefore test Halo Spartan Assault on it? It lags sometimes on the Lumia 920, shouldn't happen with the Nokia Lumia 1020, I hope.

my questions are: What is your personal opinion about the design of the Lumia 1020?
It has this huge camera-thing on it's back, but is this camera really worth the compromise that it looks somehow weird? How does it feel in the palm? Do you notice the camera when carrying it?

Daniel Rubino

Editor-in-chief
Staff member
Jan 19, 2006
Visit site
Question, the camera surround is aluminum correct? So not that I use them often, but those magnetic lenses you reviewed for the L920, do they stick on without the little ring? Could be useful for future stick on lenses with that sensor. Have you tried it yet?
will have to dig mine up, not sure where they rolled off too

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte