02-22-2014 09:00 PM
186 12345 ...
tools
    What about LTE? Are you in a T-Mob LTE area and do you get the LTE?
    yes mobile lte download is working after I changed the apn to fast.t-mobile.com
    fjbeiderbecke and darthhen like this.
    08-01-2013 12:03 PM
    Great news guys!!!

Unlockitnow.com have unlock for the 1020.

I have successfully unlocked my AT&T model here
    In the UK.

It was $25 I believe. Awesome.
    antiochian2010 likes this.
    08-01-2013 12:11 PM
    I just called support (I bought the phone full retail w/out an AT&T account at a physical Microsoft store) and they just gave me the unlock code. The phone pulled up a 4G (refarmed) signal in my house on T-Mobile. Thanks for getting the word out on calling support. Now I can use it overseas next week. I am so happy, that's one less device to bring (my camera...).
    How were you able to tell it was a refarmed frequency? Stupid question maybe, but just wondering...does TMo only provide "4G" on 1900MHz or do they provide on other too?
    08-01-2013 12:49 PM
    How were you able to tell it was a refarmed frequency? Stupid question maybe, but just wondering...does TMo only provide "4G" on 1900MHz or do they provide on other too?
    Their HSPA 4G operates on 1700 and 1900. LTE is band 4 (1700/2100).
    08-01-2013 12:55 PM
    I wanted to know if you have got the lumia 1020 off contract without opening an ATT account. Can you buy the phone off contract at Microsoft store without ATT account?
    08-01-2013 01:29 PM
    Yes you can. But the problem is the unlock code, rather than whether you can purchase at MS store or not
    I wanted to know if you have got the lumia 1020 off contract without opening an ATT account. Can you buy the phone off contract at Microsoft store without ATT account?
    08-01-2013 01:36 PM
    Yes that is a problem, but I'm kinda entertaining the idea based on other folks reported in this forum that they able to unlock it by calling ATT. In other words, I'm finding any excuse to buy this phone and worry about unlocking later :)
    08-01-2013 01:40 PM
    But the problem is, whehter you can get the unlock code from ATT reps. depends on whether you're lucky enough or not. I tried twice today and it doesn't work. I will wait for the unlock technique for 1020. I think that may not last for long
    Yes that is a problem, but I'm kinda entertaining the idea based on other folks reported in this forum that they able to unlock it by calling ATT. In other words, I'm finding any excuse to buy this phone and worry about unlocking later :)
    08-01-2013 01:49 PM
    I'm looking at multiple options. Of course it all depends on Luck.
    - Get the phone (as you mentioned before can get from MSFT store without ATT account). Try to get unlock code from ATT
    - Try to see how Unlockitnow.com website works.
    - If all that failed then either wait for sometime to get the unlock code from ATT or return the phone.
    08-01-2013 02:07 PM
    yeah that's all we can do so far. Just now I've called a certain place helping unlocking cell phones. It seems even for lumia 925, there's no way they could unlock the phone. I'm wondering how long for lumia 1020
    I'm looking at multiple options. Of course it all depends on Luck.
    - Get the phone (as you mentioned before can get from MSFT store without ATT account). Try to get unlock code from ATT
    - Try to see how Unlockitnow.com website works.
    - If all that failed then either wait for sometime to get the unlock code from ATT or return the phone.
    08-01-2013 02:36 PM
    So got mine at AT&T last night..

Called AT&T - rep was very friendly; after just a small bit of pushback, he relented and gave me the unlock. Told me it was because I paid for the phone outright full cost and had activated a GO Phone Account and paid..

Now.. have my T-Mobile chip installed.

Working:
    LTE
    4G
    Calls
    Internet
    Email
    SMS
    MMS
    GPS

Not working:
    Wi-Fi Calling - doesn't even appear as a feature on the phone.

Lost LTE today but customer service @ T-Mobile told me it was due to system issues today; so phone's slopping along on Edge right now..

(EDIT) If anyone's having a struggle with MMS, these setting worked for me - Settings.. Cellular.. Add Internet APN & Add MMS APN:

APN: epc.tmobile.com or fast.tmobile.com (for LTE devices)
    Proxy: <Not set>
    Port: <Not set>
    Username: <Not set>
    Password: <Not set>
    Server: <Not set>
    MMSC: http://mms.msg.eng.t-mobile.com/mms/wapenc

You put the APN in the APN field of BOTH Internet and MMS Add APN functions.

On the Internet APN settings you don't need to add anything else.

ON the MMS APN settings, Go to MMSC URL and use the the MMSC address at the bottom of my list above.
    CaFe88 likes this.
    08-01-2013 02:58 PM
    You can try network setup app from market place (Link below). It worked with Nokia lumia 920 when I got it unlocked and used on T-mobile.

Network Setup | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)
    08-01-2013 03:20 PM
    image.jpg

Just to prove it works - it says 4G on my 909 (1020) and you can see my location on Google Maps and 3UK as my iPad network.

I just wish that AT&T didn't consider HSPA+ to be 4G!!!!

Thank you to unlockitnow.com...
    geekaren likes this.
    08-01-2013 03:24 PM
    So got mine at AT&T last night..

Called AT&T - rep was very friendly; after just a small bit of pushback, he relented and gave me the unlock. Told me it was because I paid for the phone outright full cost and had activated a GO Phone Account and paid..

Now.. have my T-Mobile chip installed.

Working:
    LTE
    4G
    Calls
    Internet
    Email
    SMS
    MMS
    GPS

Not working:
    Wi-Fi Calling - doesn't even appear as a feature on the phone.

Lost LTE today but customer service @ T-Mobile told me it was due to system issues today; so phone's slopping along on Edge right now..

(EDIT) If anyone's having a struggle with MMS, these setting worked for me - Settings.. Cellular.. Add Internet APN & Add MMS APN:

APN: epc.tmobile.com or fast.tmobile.com (for LTE devices)
    Proxy: <Not set>
    Port: <Not set>
    Username: <Not set>
    Password: <Not set>
    Server: <Not set>
    MMSC: http://mms.msg.eng.t-mobile.com/mms/wapenc

You put the APN in the APN field of BOTH Internet and MMS Add APN functions.

On the Internet APN settings you don't need to add anything else.

ON the MMS APN settings, Go to MMSC URL and use the the MMSC address at the bottom of my list above.
    I read on another forum that if you have the T-Mo sim (TM9190) installed and perform a hard reset, the phone will come back up with wifi calling. Of course, you need to have your account set up with that feature enabled and a certain firmware (at least for lumia 810). Could you give that a try and report back? Thanks.

J
    08-01-2013 03:40 PM
    so just to confirm something, youll only get 4g or 4g lte for tmobile if you live in a reframed area correct? if youre not in a reframed area youre stuck with edge?
    08-01-2013 03:55 PM
    You can try network setup app from market place (Link below). It worked with Nokia lumia 920 when I got it unlocked and used on T-mobile.

Network Setup | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)
    That app doesn't work on windows phone 8, it works only on windows phone 7 and 7.5. When i click on the link, it takes me to the Store and there is no "Install" button
    08-01-2013 03:58 PM
    I read on another forum that if you have the T-Mo sim (TM9190) installed and perform a hard reset, the phone will come back up with wifi calling. Of course, you need to have your account set up with that feature enabled and a certain firmware (at least for lumia 810). Could you give that a try and report back? Thanks.

J
    I do have that feature on my account and no, this did not work.

Still, was a good idea anyway I think to do this.
    08-01-2013 04:08 PM
    Strange, I do not have lumia 920 now but I do recall using that or other nokia setup app for my tmobile network.
    08-01-2013 04:13 PM
    so just to confirm something, youll only get 4g or 4g lte for tmobile if you live in a reframed area correct? if youre not in a reframed area youre stuck with edge?
    No u will get lte if its there in ur area. Doesn't have to be reframed. 4g has to be in a reframed area
    08-01-2013 05:18 PM
    safeunlockcode.com also now unlock the 1020.

We all know that earlier today unlockitnow.com provided the unlock code for my 1020 in the UK.
    08-01-2013 05:42 PM
    I went to the Microsoft Store today and got the Lumia 1020, and it did come with a free camera grip.

I have been unsuccessful in getting AT&T customer service to give me an unlock code. So, I put in an order with safeunlockcode. They estimate that it will take 12-24 hours to provide me with the code. So, I wait...
    08-01-2013 06:30 PM
    safeunlockcode.com also now unlock the 1020.

We all know that earlier today unlockitnow.com provided the unlock code for my 1020 in the UK.
    Just curious how long did it take for them to get back to you with a code?
    08-01-2013 06:31 PM
    I was successful in getting my 1020 unlocked via AT&T. Just told them I bought it off of contract, and that I leave for Spain on Sunday.
    Rather than calling, I did the online chat. Worked like a charm.
    Last edited by gamo62; 08-01-2013 at 09:10 PM.
    08-01-2013 06:33 PM
    Just curious how long did it take for them to get back to you with a code?
    I did it 12 hours earlier when I didn't know if they were even real - but I took a chance. I also totally forgot about the fact I even placed an unlock order with them.

I don't know if that means it will take a day or if they were pre-ordering unlocks... what I do know is it worked. I am now unlocked.

And I would recommend you all use this service INSTEAD of calling AT&T as I spent an hour and got no where and I get really angry when you guys just called up and had them unlock it.
    Yrreb707 likes this.
    08-01-2013 06:47 PM
    please keep us posted on the progress of unlocking. I am seeking to do the same. But the AT&T reps can't seem to give me synonymous information.
    08-01-2013 07:01 PM
186 12345 ...