ATT will unlock off-contract Lumia 1020?

bilieu

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
I wanna lets you guys know, i also got the unlock code and it is working for me. I went to windowstore today with my wife and bought Nokia 1020 and they gave me free camera grip + $10 to use in App store:). We was just try to see if we could get the unlock code, because the IMEI # is outside the box so we can return it as long as we dont open the box. I can't believe i got the code right after i got the phone, i was speechless. You guys should try the same way we did, I dont know if they still give you free camera grip or not but no hurt for trying. Good luck!

rmichael75

May 12, 2012
Visit site
I think the exclusivity period might be very less for 1020 to ATT that's why it is not that much subsidized and it is being unlocked as well.

OliverK

Dec 22, 2012
Visit site
I spent an hour on the phone to the US to AT&T and they
Said you guys are all lying and that it can't be unlocked for 90 days!!!

I'm so annoyed. I have a phone I can't use.

I just want this fixed!

rhewes

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
I just called support (I bought the phone full retail w/out an AT&T account at a physical Microsoft store) and they just gave me the unlock code. The phone pulled up a 4G (refarmed) signal in my house on T-Mobile. Thanks for getting the word out on calling support. Now I can use it overseas next week. I am so happy, that's one less device to bring (my camera...).

OliverK

Dec 22, 2012
Visit site
I'm very pissed off now. I've spent about $100 on calls to get an unlock code and they say no not for 90 days and they
Are lying to me.

John20212

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
I'm very pissed off now. I've spent about $100 on calls to get an unlock code and they say no not for 90 days and they
Are lying to me.

$100 for calls to the US? try to put 10gbp on skype and call ATT from your PC, it is a lot cheaper that way.

fjbeiderbecke

Jul 20, 2011
Visit site
I just called support (I bought the phone full retail w/out an AT&T account at a physical Microsoft store) and they just gave me the unlock code. The phone pulled up a 4G (refarmed) signal in my house on T-Mobile. Thanks for getting the word out on calling support. Now I can use it overseas next week. I am so happy, that's one less device to bring (my camera...).

What about LTE? Are you in a T-Mob LTE area and do you get the LTE?

flong4

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
Me too! I've driven almost one hour to the Microsoft store to buy my 1020 and that ******* ATT don't give me the unlock code. I've made MANY phone calls these days to ATT and some of the rep. told me I WILL get the unlock code as soon as I purchase the phone in full retail price. They lied to me.
Are lying to me.

OliverK

Dec 22, 2012
Visit site
Great news guys!!!

Unlockitnow.com have unlock for the 1020.

I have successfully unlocked my AT&T model here
In the UK.

It was $25 I believe. Awesome.

jmajid

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site

How were you able to tell it was a refarmed frequency? Stupid question maybe, but just wondering...does TMo only provide "4G" on 1900MHz or do they provide on other too?

tarpido

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
I wanted to know if you have got the lumia 1020 off contract without opening an ATT account. Can you buy the phone off contract at Microsoft store without ATT account?

flong4

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
Yes you can. But the problem is the unlock code, rather than whether you can purchase at MS store or not
I wanted to know if you have got the lumia 1020 off contract without opening an ATT account. Can you buy the phone off contract at Microsoft store without ATT account?

tarpido

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
Yes that is a problem, but I'm kinda entertaining the idea based on other folks reported in this forum that they able to unlock it by calling ATT. In other words, I'm finding any excuse to buy this phone and worry about unlocking later :)

flong4

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
But the problem is, whehter you can get the unlock code from ATT reps. depends on whether you're lucky enough or not. I tried twice today and it doesn't work. I will wait for the unlock technique for 1020. I think that may not last for long
Yes that is a problem, but I'm kinda entertaining the idea based on other folks reported in this forum that they able to unlock it by calling ATT. In other words, I'm finding any excuse to buy this phone and worry about unlocking later :)

tarpido

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
I'm looking at multiple options. Of course it all depends on Luck.
- Get the phone (as you mentioned before can get from MSFT store without ATT account). Try to get unlock code from ATT
- Try to see how Unlockitnow.com website works.
- If all that failed then either wait for sometime to get the unlock code from ATT or return the phone.

flong4

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
yeah that's all we can do so far. Just now I've called a certain place helping unlocking cell phones. It seems even for lumia 925, there's no way they could unlock the phone. I'm wondering how long for lumia 1020
I'm looking at multiple options. Of course it all depends on Luck.
- Get the phone (as you mentioned before can get from MSFT store without ATT account). Try to get unlock code from ATT
- Try to see how Unlockitnow.com website works.
- If all that failed then either wait for sometime to get the unlock code from ATT or return the phone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077