ATT will unlock off-contract Lumia 1020?

Quist2012

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
Great to hear everything is working, but nobody has mentioned tethering/wifi hotspot. A few months ago, folks were able to unlock their ATT 920s but unable to tether. Can you tether with your unlocked ATT 1020s (on T-Mobile or an international carrier)?

kabel_mk

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
Just got off the phone with ATT. CSR delivered the unlock code. Tried the internet sharing with ATT sim card, and logically doesn't work. I do not have data on t-mobile, so i'm not sure if i can even try

darthhen

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
Hmmm....the download speed seems to be slow. I wonder if there's some other settings needed to get the download speed up.

rhewes

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
Great to hear everything is working, but nobody has mentioned tethering/wifi hotspot. A few months ago, folks were able to unlock their ATT 920s but unable to tether. Can you tether with your unlocked ATT 1020s (on T-Mobile or an international carrier)?

Sorry for being absent from the thread - yes, tethering works fine once you put in the unlock code. I'm using it on T-mobile now and it works without any issues.

Jor El

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
...it does not make any sense though? my att 920 has datasense, there is nothing technical needed from att in order to implement it?

Nik Kunkel

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
Make sure to use the Access Point app in settings to set the T-Mobile profile, that should override the phone's default settings

Where can I find that Access Point app? I searched in the App store but couldn't find anything. Is it just buried in the settings somewhere?

qu3st

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
tethering is working for me. just used internet sharing and connected my mac and old iphone and everything went smooth

Last edited:

gvp 1995

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
So what is the solution? For me it is telling to go to ATT or call 611. It looks like it should work. Because it briefly worked on my 1020! After T-Mobile tech gave me some settings. But does not work since. What is Access Point App? Where can we get it? Any info is appreciated!

qu3st

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
ok so apn is listed as
fast.t-mobile.com
and user name as t-mobile lte. what is ur settings? I didn't use the access point app. just input everything myself.

gvp 1995

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
This is exactly what I had today but only once! I have no idea why it worked one time and never since. What could be the problem?!

gvp 1995

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
The question is how did you get those settings in the first place?! Is there any app (txt, or whatever) to set it? I was on the phone with T-Mobile rep, and she gave me 'fast.t-mobile.com', but told me to leave user name blank

qu3st

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
no on settings go to cellular. then it says edit internet apn. then for apn put fast.t-mobile.com and for user name put t-mobile lte. then after that click save settings.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro