A New Phablet with 41MP Camera Coming in Holiday Season?

emyzz

Jan 25, 2013
Visit site
19th September we will have news about new Lumias. Maybe that will be the real sucesor of the 920 with PureView 41mpxl but 2 flashs Leds.

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
That would effectively give the 1020 a shelf life of about 5 months before its considered obsolete and would mean just one, possibly two carriers in the US would have those updated 1020's or that At&t would be the only one with the current version while everyone else gets the new version. Possible, would also mean Nokia did all the extra work to get the tech working on current hardware for nothing since the newer hardware would support the higher MP. Sounds unlikely.

Yangstax

Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
That would effectively give the 1020 a shelf life of about 5 months before its considered obsolete and would mean just one, possibly two carriers in the US would have those updated 1020's or that At&t would be the only one with the current version while everyone else gets the new version. Possible, would also mean Nokia did all the extra work to get the tech working on current hardware for nothing since the newer hardware would support the higher MP. Sounds unlikely.

Only a certain group of users prefer using a 6" phablet. May be the price 1020 will drop to $199 then while the new phablet is priced at $299. It sound like that Nokia wants to catch and grow the 1020 momentum in the US market. I think that they are on the right track. It will also be interesting to see how they market the rumoured phablet with the Pelican Cluster Sensors.

tissotti

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
In theory yes, but would it be cost effective? -For the consumer AND Nokia?

Well wouldn't it be most cost effective to use something as much possible Nokia has no doubt used a lot of R&D money for past 6 years.

That said while I'm sure we will see new flagship phablet this year from Nokia, I doubt they will use anything like 808 or 1020 sensor on the thin body that the phablet will have.

Chris_Kez

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
I thought I would love a 6" phablet with a higher resolution display and the 1020 camera internals, but I'm not sure I'd really enjoy carrying something that large on a daily basis. Maybe 5" or 5.5" if they could really shrink the bezel?

Chris_Kez

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
That said while I'm sure we will see new flagship phablet this year from Nokia, I doubt they will use anything like 808 or 1020 sensor on the thin body that the phablet will have.
I bet they release a phablet and give it the minimum spec bump needed to support the larger screen. It will not match the Note 3 specs; nor will it have the 1020 camera unit. And the howls will be heard for weeks.

rakocool

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Check out Nokiapoweruser.com now. They have posted updated Picture. It is coming for sure. I am myself Nokia Lumia 920 user. I will wait until next year unless AT&T let me upgrade early.

uopjo6

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
Phablet is just another choice. Nokia is doing the Samsung thing now covering more sizes for a different mass. No need to complain if its right for you or not.
Same design language but at least speaking different things, unlike Samsung clones.

amrut_m

Mar 3, 2013
Visit site
6cb26641jw1e6zbpq0ysmj20hs0np756.jpg

Heres the image of screen of the Nokia Phablet,
for me if nokia releases 1080p, 41mp sensor, and 4.7-5 " screen then its my 920 upgrade.

Last edited:

psudotechzealot

Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
View attachment 38117

Heres the image of screen of the Nokia Phablet,
for me if nokia releases 1080p, 41mp sensor, and 4.7-5 " screen then its my 920 upgrade.

tumblr_mopxpiFvlV1qimmdmo1_500.gif

My body is ready.

strikeIII

Jul 22, 2013
Visit site
If they do make a phablet then I hope they at least use Windows 8 RT. I don't see much of a use case for a bigger device that just runs WP8 other than media. With a bigger screen you need to have the ability to be more productive.

Chris_Kez

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
If they do make a phablet then I hope they at least use Windows 8 RT. With a bigger screen you need to have the ability to be more productive.

I'd be shocked if Nokia made anything besides a WP8 device. RT is far less developed than WP8 and would be a major step backwards. MS just wrote off $900MM on the Surface RT and is now selling it at $350. No way that Nokia steps into that market.
Besides, you don't need a specific use case for a phablet. The larger screen makes everything easier (except carrying it). Movies, web videos and pictures all benefit obviously- but so does every other app. You either get larger touchpoints and text that is easier to read, or you get more information on screen. Adding a stylus and optimizing a few apps also opens a range of new possibilities. Ergonomics aside, is there a single downside to a larger screen?

strikeIII

Jul 22, 2013
Visit site
I'd be shocked if Nokia made anything besides a WP8 device. RT is far less developed than WP8 and would be a major step backwards. MS just wrote off $900MM on the Surface RT and is now selling it at $350. No way that Nokia steps into that market.
Besides, you don't need a specific use case for a phablet. The larger screen makes everything easier (except carrying it). Movies, web videos and pictures all benefit obviously- but so does every other app. You either get larger touchpoints and text that is easier to read, or you get more information on screen. Adding a stylus and optimizing a few apps also opens a range of new possibilities. Ergonomics aside, is there a single downside to a larger screen?

Not familiar with how bad RT is I personally have had little time with an RT device but at least the hardware running RT allowed other basic functions that WP8 should allow. Hopefully, by the time this "Phablet" gets released Windows will come out with an update to allow more functionality. I don't want to post the basic functions needed as there are mulitple threads with these listed out.

Yangstax

Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
It would be a big mistake if Nokia releases a RT tablet which is going to be killed by the $300 Bay Trail W8 tablets. I also think that their first phablet should be no bigger than 5.5". It would be more acceptable to a bigger crowd.

Talking about their phablets, it would be interesting to see how they package the camera module to the phablet. The earlier rumours say the first phablet will come with the same camera on L925. Then the second one will come with the new Pelican Array sensor. Now the new rumour indicates a L1020 camera will be used on the 3rd phablet. They probably have modified their release schedule after they have seen the enthusiatic response for L1020. It is a good move however. The only problem I have with Nokia is they don't offer all these offerings on all carriers. People are frustrated that can't buy their choiced model on their choiced carrier. Steve Elop insists that his exclusivity deal is working while we have witnessed just the opposite. The US Lumia sales declined in the last two quarters while global market was expanding. Can't they learn something from Samsung or Apple?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre