07-30-2013 08:55 PM
34 12
tools
    I'll consider what CR has to say as soon as they publish some results. Until then it's just one person's bias against a sea of evidence to the contrary.

After all, a guilty criminal still has an attorney trying to convince us that the client is innocent.
    07-28-2013 12:32 PM
    Meh. They didn't care for Nokia's ability to do video in low light

quote: "
    Bottom line

Color accuracy issues aside, the Lumia 1020 has one of the best still cameras we've seen on any phoneand even some point-and-shoots. But you'd better pack another smart-phone or camcorder if you're planning to shoot videos in dark environments."
    Lumia 1020 Night video:
    camptime likes this.
    07-30-2013 11:35 AM
    That video and all others I've seen contradicts CR's comment of "Under low-light conditions, video quality was only fair, appearing relatively dark with an inordinate amount of grain."

If the iphone 4s does a better job than that then kudos to them, but I'll have to see it to believe it.
    07-30-2013 12:04 PM
    Remember when consumer report ragged on the iphone 4 due to the death grip? I had it and you had to really put some pressure on it for it to lose signal! C.R. is a joke and has been for sometime!! If anything the phone is getting rave reviews, especially the camera! So probably for the publicity and the author to make a name for himself he ragged on it and probably hates WP8 period.
    07-30-2013 12:34 PM
    I re-read the article on the consumer reports site and I was asked to participate in a customer satisfaction survey. I used it to call them out on that biased hit piece of a "review". I have never heard of them using a press sample to review a product before. They supposedly make retail purchases for reviews. Also, even if you don't dispute the accuracy of anything said, the headlines and captions are deliberately misleading. I told them I would not be renewing and they needed to fix their bias issues. That article was a too obvious rush to print to harm a product and it raised questions about their objectivity generally. Not one word suggesting a low light problem with stills, only video. Does the sensor shrink for videos? I wonder if they have the guts to double down on that claim in their full review.
    07-30-2013 01:48 PM
    That's some BS sensationalism. The Lumia is leagues above even the iPhone 5 in not only photo, but video and audio capture as well.

Compare the two videos... same guy recorded it. Does anyone here really think the iPhone is out performing the Lumia?

The clarity and colors on the Lumia are much better, but most noticeably listen to the Audio. My god, it is not even in the same ball park. iPhone's recording audio is completely flat and lacks detail.. Lumia on the other hand sounds like it's being recorded with professional audio equipment.

Then there's this night time video as well...

07-30-2013 03:25 PM
    What a joke this is. My wife has an iPhone 4s and its so far behind in picture and video quality I would not even know where to begin. iPhone 5 is nowhere near the 1020, never mind the 4s.
    07-30-2013 03:38 PM
    What I don't get is how anyone ever took them seriously in the first place.
    07-30-2013 04:06 PM
    Wow, worse than Cnet in terms of pro-Apple bias... I'm impressed.
    christenmartin likes this.
    07-30-2013 08:55 PM
34 12