Lumia 900->1020...What's a guy todo??

rchillin

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
So the bastards at AT&T that changed the contract policy from 18 to 24 months has really screwed me over. Since I'm still under contract until 4/2014 :crying: I can't use AT&T NEXT. Which means I either do the early upgrade @ $549 or buy the device outright at $649. I could make it work but then I think I should really pay off some other stuff. What's a guy to do???

Narse77

Feb 7, 2013
Visit site
I would buy it outright instead of doing the early upgrade. I would also just wait until I could get a full discount. No telling what else will be available by April next year :-D

gskimmel

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
Call AT&T and get connected to the cancellation department. Ask them what your early termination fee will be. They will then ask you why. Respond that you want to upgrade to a WP 8 phone and that you are not able to do that with AT&T. They will then allow you to buy the 1020 as the full discounted price.

That is what I did but ended up cancelling and going with the 925 with T-Mobile. The unlimited data and the option to change my phones twice a year was too tempting.

rchillin

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
Call AT&T and get connected to the cancellation department. Ask them what your early termination fee will be. They will then ask you why. Respond that you want to upgrade to a WP 8 phone and that you are not able to do that with AT&T. They will then allow you to buy the 1020 as the full discounted price.

I'll have to give this a try.

dkp23

Feb 3, 2012
Visit site
When did u enter into your current contract? If u entered into a contract before a certain date. I think u still eligible for 18 mth cycle.

Shobiz

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site
I'm in the same boat as you. I called AT&T and asked for the balance of my ETF. The lady asked me why. I told her I wanted to upgrade my phone. My ETF is $175. After some back and forth convo, She offered me the 1020 upgrade for $399.99 plus a 36 activation fee and another 2 year contract. I told her let me think about it.

koopiskeva

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
I was in the same boat. I just called and asked nicely if I could do the upgrade for 2 of our lines (we have a family plan for 5). Amazingly enough, they approved us for the upgrades (300 per phone) with a manager override. Maybe just call again and ask? Either way, really looking forward to next Tuesday now. :p

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo