Nokia Pro Cam Questions

WorzelGummage

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
Nokia updates Pro Cam for the Lumia 1020, adds bracketing to the mix | Windows Phone Central

According to the link, it said the app can shoot 5 exposures, but it doesn't indicate the range. Can it take 5 exposures from -2 to +2 (-2, -1, 0, +1, +2)?

Can the self-timer in the Pro Cam app trigger the bracket?

I'm hoping a Lumia 1020 owner can confirm this for me as it's very important!

The article does mention the range of exposures, quoted below;

"The ranges available are -.5EV to +.5EV, -1EV to +1EV, and -2EV to +2EV."

bawboh86

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
I, too, have a question. It seems like every time I leave the Camera Pro app, it resets everything to Auto. Is there a way to prevent that?

jmoney

Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
I would like settings to change shutter delay so it's longer.

I made a dji phantom quadcopter mount and I want to be able to fly it pretty high which needs about a minute delay to make it happen.

seems like there are other camera apps but none that use the nokia sdk for larger captures.

Joey

lsquare

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
You can select both the number of esposures and the range. They both must be set before every photo unfortunately.

I just want to confirm that you have the Lumia 1020? So it'll definitely take 5 exposures from -2 to +2?

Can you also confirm whether there's a self-timer in the app and if so, whether it can be used to trigger the bracketed exposures?

Arsenic17

May 19, 2012
Visit site
I just want to confirm that you have the Lumia 1020? So it'll definitely take 5 exposures from -2 to +2?

Can you also confirm whether there's a self-timer in the app and if so, whether it can be used to trigger the bracketed exposures?

Yes I have the 1020. You can take 5 exposures and you can change the range from +/- 1,2,3 EV.

There is also a self timer that you can use to trigger a bracketed sequence. Couldn't see a way to adjust the timer. It seems to be fixed at 5 seconds...

lsquare

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
Yes I have the 1020. You can take 5 exposures and you can change the range from +/- 1,2,3 EV.

There is also a self timer that you can use to trigger a bracketed sequence. Couldn't see a way to adjust the timer. It seems to be fixed at 5 seconds...

That's good news. Thanks for the confirmation.

Do you have the camera grip as well? So if you turn the timer on, then as soon as you tap the shutter button, then the 5 second timer will start and then the bracketed exposures will be taken?

Arsenic17

May 19, 2012
Visit site
That's good news. Thanks for the confirmation.

Do you have the camera grip as well? So if you turn the timer on, then as soon as you tap the shutter button, then the 5 second timer will start and then the bracketed exposures will be taken?

I will be picking up a camera grip today. Couldnt find any, but it appears that all the stores around me got a shipment overnight and are showing stock. On topic, yes that is what I meant. You push the shutter button, and there is like a one second delay, then a little circle on the screen disapears circularly for 2-3 seconds. So in total there is about a 3-4 second delays between you pushing the shutter buttons, and the first photo of the bracket starting to take. then about 7-10 seconds until the 5th bracket is done.

lsquare

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
I will be picking up a camera grip today. Couldnt find any, but it appears that all the stores around me got a shipment overnight and are showing stock. On topic, yes that is what I meant. You push the shutter button, and there is like a one second delay, then a little circle on the screen disapears circularly for 2-3 seconds. So in total there is about a 3-4 second delays between you pushing the shutter buttons, and the first photo of the bracket starting to take. then about 7-10 seconds until the 5th bracket is done.

That's awesome news! Please report back about whether pressing the shutter on the camera grip will also initiate the timer for the bracketed exposures. Chances are it'll do it, but it never hurts to get a confirmation!

Arsenic17

May 19, 2012
Visit site
That's awesome news! Please report back about whether pressing the shutter on the camera grip will also initiate the timer for the bracketed exposures. Chances are it'll do it, but it never hurts to get a confirmation!

Indeed it does. AS expected. Buy buy buy!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss