Was ... close to buying a L1020 today

gsquared

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
Drove down to the MSFT store in the fancy mall to give this device a look in person. I must say the camera is amazing. I took a bunch of pictures with the L1020 and my L920. There is no way to even compare the two. There were a few things I didn't care for though.

Finish - I do not like the matte finish. Gives the device kind of a cheap look in my opinion. My Stormtrooper is much better looking. Again, in my opinion.
Photo-grip - Its a very cool and likely necessary accessory but its hard to get the phone out of it. Doesn't slide out. It clips in and out.
No built-in wireless charging - Its one of those things I can live without but I sure do like it in the L920.

Things I do like:

CAMERA!
Weight - THe L1020 is noticably lighter and thinner.
I thought the speaker sounded better also.

I was still going to buy it (full price) until we got to talking numbers. I wanted the photo-grip and the $50.00 store credit or gift card (whichever it was). They wouldn't go for that. Said it was one or the other, not both. I had to tell them that was a deal-breaker and left.

Pretty sure I'm still going to get the phone. I'll have to go back down there and wheel and deal a bit more. I forgot to mention I was goin gto buy there extended warranty. I bet that would have closed the deal.

techiedude007

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
There were a few things I didn't care for though.

Photo-grip - Its a very cool and likely necessary accessory but its hard to get the phone out of it. Doesn't slide out. It clips in and out.

I can't argue/disagree with this point. Not very intuitive removal process. Each time I try to remove the cover I feel like I'm going to break either the phone or the camera shell...

tgr42

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
I picked up one of these camera grip thingies today. It definitely makes it easier to hold the phone for picture taking but yeah, the removal process is scary! Has anyone used something with this sort of design over the long term? Does it hold up? It just doesn't feel right to bend this sort of thin and cheap feeling plastic. It feels like trying to bend something that isn't meant to bend, except I guess it is (???) because the design forces you to do it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs