I'm trying to download all HERE maps (+2gb worth of data) on my phone, but it only downloads while my phone is awake. How do I get it to fully download without have to tap my screen every 5 minutes? My wifi is set to run when screen times out.
    07-29-2013 03:17 PM
    The download will pause as soon as the screen turns off - it just seems to work that way, irrespective of your wifi settings. Unfortunately I think you're stuck with tapping the screen every four minutes.
    07-29-2013 03:27 PM
    How about adjusting the screen timeout setting to something higher?
    07-29-2013 03:29 PM
    I'm trying to download all HERE maps (+2gb worth of data) on my phone, but it only downloads while my phone is awake. How do I get it to fully download without have to tap my screen every 5 minutes? My wifi is set to run when screen times out.
    You must do a crazy amount of travelling to need ALL the maps for off-line. Why waste the space? I have no need to get maps for driving around a state until I plan on visiting it. And then I would delete them afterward. You can still use the maps should you not have them locally. They update so frequently that I wouldn't waste the effort getting them all down just to have to update them again in a few months when I don't need them to begin with. I could see needing them if you were a cross-country trucker, but most truckers don't even cover then entire country. Unless you live in the northeast, what are the odds you will need a map for Maine in offline mode?
    07-29-2013 03:30 PM
    The download will pause as soon as the screen turns off - it just seems to work that way, irrespective of your wifi settings. Unfortunately I think you're stuck with tapping the screen every four minutes.
    I thought the same thing until I checked and saw that it only goes up to 5 minutes. My Titan 2 goes has add'l 15 and 30 minutes along with NEVER. Odd that Nokia would remove that ability unless the OLED would burn in.
    07-29-2013 03:32 PM
    I live in Utah and frequent Arizonia / Nevada / California. I am driving to Ohio next month and will need at least Colorado / Nebraska / Iowa / Illinois / Indiana / Ohio / PA. I want the option in case I alter and make other stops along the way.

You must do a crazy amount of travelling to need ALL the maps for off-line. Why waste the space? I have no need to get maps for driving around a state until I plan on visiting it. And then I would delete them afterward. You can still use the maps should you not have them locally. They update so frequently that I wouldn't waste the effort getting them all down just to have to update them again in a few months when I don't need them to begin with. I could see needing them if you were a cross-country trucker, but most truckers don't even cover then entire country. Unless you live in the northeast, what are the odds you will need a map for Maine in offline mode?
    07-29-2013 03:45 PM
    5 minutes is the highest on the 1020.
    How about adjusting the screen timeout setting to something higher?
    07-29-2013 03:45 PM
    I wonder if this is also the cause of my "OTHER" storage being over 2gb after 2-3 days.

It looks like I'll just do state by state.
    07-29-2013 03:47 PM
    My "Other" is at 2.6GB and I haven't done that much with the phone yet. I downloaded maps for 6 states which shows up as 484MB under "Maps" on the same Details page of the Storage Check app that shows "Other" at 2.6GB. It'd be nice if they'd break down what "Other" is, exactly. I don't do any auto-uploading of photos and I haven't installed any large apps. It was over 2GB out of the box I think.
    07-29-2013 04:00 PM
    5 minutes is the highest on the 1020.
    Wow that's odd. Wonder why they would change that from the 920 which goes up to an hour.

Sent from my Sony Xperia Z
    07-29-2013 09:11 PM