1020 concert video

landcameras

Jul 30, 2013
Visit site
I don't think I could have found a more challenging situation for this phone. Picked up a 1020 on friday, and brought it to an outdoor concert on Sunday with the intent to film some songs. Extreme lighting is an understatement. We were over 1 city block back from the stage. For this shot I had the camera zoomed in at 100%. THe first time I even hit the video button was when I started filming, so my first few takes at clips were't the best. I used a mini monopod with the camera grip accessory to hold the camera up and (kinda) steady.

The one gripe I have is that there is no EV Compensation or ISO lock in video mode. This means if the camera detects a low light situation when it starts video it will lock it on a high ISO setting. This makes horrible video. I'd like to set it manually. Also, with concert lighting I would have liked to set it at -1 or 1.5 EV so that the brights of the stage didn't blow it out. Other than that, the sound is truly amazing here. I was blown away. Coming from a Lumia 900, the 1020 isn't even in the same class.

Here's the video https://vimeo.com/71303133

A still image from the video sequence
Sequence 010213.jpg

GloriousGlory

Jul 30, 2013
Visit site
The most impressive thing about these videos is how good the audio is. I can't get over how detailed the audio capture is for a phone. The videos are great, don't get me wrong but the audio is just miles and miles above any smart phone I've ever seen.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720