Lumia 1020 Release in India

Rohan Vg

Jul 30, 2013
Visit site
When will be the Nokia Lumia 1020 released in India? Such an amazing phone, shame its not released yet. Will it be like Lumia 920, which was launched here after a delay of 3 months. :unhappysweat:

Last edited:

crash1989

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I tweeted Nokia India a few days back and they didn't have any date set. The phone is to be released in China soon and I "expect" :D it will be coming to India late august or september.

India is a price sensitive market so 1020 stock will be very limited, just like 920.

Maqsood Pasha

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
Are you sure about it because nokia retail stores in India arent confirmed about it when i ask about it they say that it is India we cant say anything exactly

lsquare

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
I tweeted Nokia India a few days back and they didn't have any date set. The phone is to be released in China soon and I "expect" :D it will be coming to India late august or september.

India is a price sensitive market so 1020 stock will be very limited, just like 920.

And China isn't?

Amran Nagal

Mar 2, 2013
Visit site

P098

Apr 25, 2013
Visit site
Lumia 925 is still not released in India, which was released worldwide way before 1020, I guess Nokia takes its sweet time to get their flagships here in India.

crash1989

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
And China isn't?

Yes, it is not as sensitve as India, the stats seem to agree with me. You should check out Lumia 920 and 820 demand check in China. Still outselling competition on major retailers TMall, Suning and Dixintong !! and of course the strong iPhone sales. China is one of the biggest markets for High end smartphones.

http://www.nokiapoweruser.com/2013/...er-at-major-retailers-homeshop18-and-saholic/

Anyway, I might not know the whole story but this is the way it looks to me right now.

For Lumia 920 I had to contact 7 Nokia Priority dealers to get one on Gurgaon, Delhi NCR. So you can guess what the market in India expects.

Elton Jothi

Dec 24, 2012
Visit site
based on how long it took the 920 to release in india, i assume the 1020 will be released on sep or oct
DO NOT EVER PREORDER in INDIAN ONLINE STORES IF U EXPECT TO HAVE IT ON UR HANDS THE 1st day...
Just rush to Univercell or sangeetha or Priority

THE 920
Released : 2012, November 11
India Release date : 2013 January 11

The 1020
Released: 2013, July
India Release date : Approx mid sept

P.S i wont be buying the 1020, as i have the 920 already :(... will wait for the next version of 1020 maybe with 1080p support :|

Maqsood Pasha

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
based on how long it took the 920 to release in india, i assume the 1020 will be released on sep or oct
DO NOT EVER PREORDER in INDIAN ONLINE STORES IF U EXPECT TO HAVE IT ON UR HANDS THE 1st day...
Just rush to Univercell or sangeetha or Priority

THE 920
Released : 2012, November 11
India Release date : 2013 January 11

The 1020
Released: 2013, July
India Release date : Approx mid sept

P.S i wont be buying the 1020, as i have the 920 already :(... will wait for the next version of 1020 maybe with 1080p support :|

what does p.s.i stands for?

Rohan Vg

Jul 30, 2013
Visit site
I wonder what the price will be since the value of rupee has dropped down.. 1$ = 61.1₹

Anyways, I don't understand nokia's policy of releasing the phone so late.
Nokia started to build up the hype since May-June will all the "leaked" screenshots and videos of the phone and then announcing it oficially on July 11, 2013. They will probably launch the phone after 2-3 months and in the meantime something new will come along and the interest in Lumia 1020 will slowly die down.

Release the phone already and just SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY nokia!!
The wait is killing us!!

Rohan Vg

Jul 30, 2013
Visit site
I contacted Nokia India through email and I got this response
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Rohan,

Thank you for e-mailing Nokia Care. The Service Request No. is #######

This email is in reference to know the launch date of Nokia Lumia 1020. I value the importance of information asked and I am happy to assist you.
In response to your e-mail, I would like to inform you that at present, I do not have the exact timelines for launch and price of this particular device. However, I can assure you that you will find a communication through appropriate channels.
For more information about Nokia products kindly visit to the link mentioned below:-
All Phones - Nokia - India
Kindly let me know if you require any further information or help.

Thanks & Regards,

Shikha Shrivastava
Nokia Care Representative
India

Vyenkatesh

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
Rohan,

This is the standard default reply for any new phone launch query. I feel Nokia will launch 1020 before 925 as they feel it is their latest flagship device.
But as you rightly said they loose freshness and importance of the device by launching it late in India. I am waiting for 925 and 1020, and will decide after I see the price difference.

Let's hope Nokia makes it on 19th August.

Regards,
Vyenkatesh

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadDaniel