Lumia 1020 Release in India

ifly6e

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
I had the L920.. I think the L925 is just a redesigned L920.. L1020 is a different beast altogether.. I'd stick with my current poor phone and hang around for the L1020 to come :-D

ifly6e

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
The phone heats up a bit and on 3g battery drain is an issue

I faced exactly the same issue with my 920.. It's battery was fabulous on E.. but whenever I turned on 3G the battery drain was very high :\.. How many hours are you getting with 3G on? And congrats mate :)

Amran Nagal

Mar 2, 2013
Visit site
I faced exactly the same issue with my 920.. It's battery was fabulous on E.. but whenever I turned on 3G the battery drain was very high :\.. How many hours are you getting with 3G on? And congrats mate :)

I get like 9-10 hours on 3G

Also there is another issue, I am not getting any store app update notifications.
Something is wrong.

ifly6e

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
2 months! That's crazy.. Nokia's plans are plain and simply put STUPID. Well if Nokia doesn't want my money I'm sure there would be plenty other high end mobile companies out there :-D

crash1989

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
2 months! That's crazy.. Nokia's plans are plain and simply put STUPID. Well if Nokia doesn't want my money I'm sure there would be plenty other high end mobile companies out there :-D

I think they don't want to disturb the sales of 925. I mean if I were a businessman and my high end devices sales are average why would I trample them with a better device (IMO).

broar94

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site

Lol first of all, India is a developing country and not a high-end market. They have just started showing Nokia 925 ads on tv and also advertising better in newspapers compared to lets say 6 months ago(notably L520,620 and 720). They have just launched 925 and 625 in Chennai last week. So it'll take a while ;). If you really need L1020, why not import it?

another visitor

Aug 15, 2013
Visit site
Also, most smartphones sold here are in the budget category : Phablets account for 30% of all smartphones in India; 67% smartphones priced below $200 - Sci/Tech - DNA
Thus, it makes sense for Nokia to target that segment first. Remember, we were one of the first countries to get the 520,720 and now the 625. So, even coming a couple of months late won't have a major effect when the market is still relatively small for that 35,000+ category. Hopefully, the high-end market gets big enough here soon and Nokia's financial situation also improves and then we'll probably see the next generation high end Lumia's launched simultaneously.

ifly6e

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
Lol first of all, India is a developing country and not a high-end market. They have just started showing Nokia 925 ads on tv and also advertising better in newspapers compared to lets say 6 months ago(notably L520,620 and 720). They have just launched 925 and 625 in Chennai last week. So it'll take a while ;). If you really need L1020, why not import it?

Sure, I can import it.. but then the warranty is an issue then..

Skypandya

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
Sure, I can import it.. but then the warranty is an issue then..
I know this may sound like a joke, but seriously 'its NOKIA!'. I agree warranty would surely be helpful but the lumia line is as sturdy as the old nokia models, also if you import it, you would get the chance to see the envious looks on everyones face when they see your 1020. :wink:

Rohan Vg

Jul 30, 2013
Visit site
I know this may sound like a joke, but seriously 'its NOKIA!'. I agree warranty would surely be helpful but the lumia line is as sturdy as the old nokia models, also if you import it, you would get the chance to see the envious looks on everyones face when they see your 1020. :wink:

Yes the old models are rock solid. I still do have a working Nokia 7260 which I purchased way back in 2004 :excited:
But I cant say the same for the recent newer models, so the "warranty" does come in handy :smile:

ifly6e

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site

I agree mate "It's NOKIA" was synonymous with great quality of phones.. But, my last Lumia 920 was exchanged 3 times and still had display flickering all over the phone.. So, warranty matters for me now :(

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos