Lumia 1020 Release in India

Ajay Kumar Singh

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
We all have waited very long including you to get our Lumia 1020 and now its just a matter of few more days, Please don't loose your patience. I know its very painful to wait and all of us are part of it and don't ley yourself get attracted to any other smartphone because the day Lumia 1020 will release, I am sure you will be very sad looking at your Z1 and finding us tanking about and sharing those amazing photos from our New Lumia 1020 so please bare with us till October 11 if you really don't want to be sad in future. And about Specks, Android devices requires lot more processing power to run compare to Windows Phone (Still I have seen Quadcore Android devices Lag a lot) and about screen 1280x768 resolution is enough at a screen size of 4.5 inches and it all matter how the phone perform in real life. If phone have quadcore processor and still lags then its useless but if phone have slight less processing power but performs very will without any lag then that's definitely a good choice.

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
We all have waited very long including you to get our Lumia 1020 and now its just a matter of few more days, Please don't loose your patience. I know its very painful to wait and all of us are part of it and don't ley yourself get attracted to any other smartphone because the day Lumia 1020 will release, I am sure you will be very sad looking at your Z1 and finding us tanking about and sharing those amazing photos from our New Lumia 1020 so please bare with us till October 11 if you really don't want to be sad in future. And about Specks, Android devices requires lot more processing power to run compare to Windows Phone (Still I have seen Quadcore Android devices Lag a lot) and about screen 1280x768 resolution is enough at a screen size of 4.5 inches and it all matter how the phone perform in real life. If phone have quadcore processor and still lags then its useless but if phone have slight less processing power but performs very will without any lag then that's definitely a good choice.

Actually the OS is at fault, besides the android marketplace is not monitored. If they can polish the OS for real, keep a minimum hardware requirement, that'd be great.
Anyone is free to load any worm filled app in the android store, nobody checks it, 1 such app makes it to your phone and BAM!
That's why you have so many antivirus apps for android ;)

ifly6e

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
How does Z1 blow 1020 on the spec sheet ?
the only thing it stands up is that it has full HD screen, and quad core. DROID's need that power so that it should'nt lag.
Z1 has a bad battery life,also the service Sony Provides in India is Pathetic compared to Nokia.
as far as 1020, it blows out any smartphone in camera dept..

purchasing 1020 on 1st Sept irrespective what the price is.

How the z1 blow the Lumia 1020 on the spec sheet is this

1.) The display is full HD as you said whereas it's 720 p on the lumia 1020.
2.) The processor is a 2.2 Ghz Snapdragon 800!!.. And the Lumia 1020 is a dual core.. It's just raw power in which Z1 creams Lumia 1020!..
3.) Battery life well it Z1 has a 3,000 Mah battery..
I'm still just considering not hell bent on buying the Z1.. and personally speaking the Z1 looks better as well.. I would be definitely waiting till 11th October to see the price of the lumia 1020 but currently the Z1 is going for 37.5 K as the cheapest..

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site

2.) The processor is a 2.2 Ghz Snapdragon 800!!.. And the Lumia 1020 is a dual core.. It's just raw power in which Z1 creams Lumia 1020!..
I cannot stress on the same thing again, Z1 runs android which has hunger for power. No matter how many cores you put in, it'll start losing in some time with lags.
I'm still just considering not hell bent on buying the Z1.. and personally speaking the Z1 looks better as well.. I would be definitely waiting till 11th October to see the price of the lumia 1020 but currently the Z1 is going for 37.5 K as the cheapest..

Read the bold part.

ifly6e

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
Have you ever used the HTC ONE? I don't see a hint of lag, etc on that device and I had the Lumia 920 so I understand that Windows phone doesn't require that much power :)

amrut_m

Mar 3, 2013
Visit site
1 thing i know owning a RED Lumia 920 is that, people tend to ask you, which phone is this, IT DRAWS ATTENTION.
you say Z1 looks good, it mite be your opinion on it.
But to me Z1 looks like other sony phones just has a camera shutter button.

Lumia 1020 is S*x to me, the secured you feel when holding in hand a NOKIA device and Apple Device you wont feel the same with other phones.
the matte finish just adds things up more.
Also I can type holding the phone in 1 hand on a 1020 :wink:

another visitor

Aug 15, 2013
Visit site

1. The Z1's display is actually inferior in terms of quality to the 1020. There are rumors that Sony is using some leftover display units from the Z,which had a horrible screen. Even the best ones are actually not that good, with very poor viewing angles etc.

2. As you say, with those specs, the Z1 should not lag. The 1020 doesn't lag either. So how is that an advantage for the Z1? Well, except in the spec sheet.

3. 1020 - The Nokia Lumia 1020 battery test - GSMArena Blog Z1- The Sony Xperia Z1 battery tests are done, here's the score - GSMArena Blog
Sony loses in terms of actual battery life.

ifly6e

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
1 thing i know owning a RED Lumia 920 is that, people tend to ask you, which phone is this, IT DRAWS ATTENTION.
you say Z1 looks good, it mite be your opinion on it.
But to me Z1 looks like other sony phones just has a camera shutter button.

Lumia 1020 is S*x to me, the secured you feel when holding in hand a NOKIA device and Apple Device you wont feel the same with other phones.
the matte finish just adds things up more.
Also I can type holding the phone in 1 hand on a 1020 :wink:

Well, I had a Black Lumia 920 and people still asked me about it.. It was a brilliant phone.. I have no doubts about Nokia's build quality but I had to exchange 3 Lumia 920's still didn't get a fully working unit but that might be just a specific problem.. But, if you are saying that apart from Nokia and Apple there are no other well-built phones then my friend try out the HTC ONE in your hand.. it's probably the best built phone in a long time.. HTC's after sale service and the frankly pathetic camera is the reason why I didn't go for it :).. I just hope Nokia doesn't price most of us out on the 1020 :(.. I shall wait till 11th October though and then let's see.. :)

jeetu4444

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
Guys good news , thru my source I came to know the price of nokia lumia 1020...the mrp will be around 41000...and later I mean after few weeks will sell for around 39k or 38 k.iam super happy.cant wait for my yellow beast on 11 oct...thou I may get few days earlier ;)

Ajay Kumar Singh

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
WOW!!! That's a great news. Also Nokia is offering 2GB data free for 2 months for Vodafone costumers and a Rs.1000 voucher for purchasing apps from Windows Phone store.

amrut_m

Mar 3, 2013
Visit site
Guys good news , thru my source I came to know the price of nokia lumia 1020...the mrp will be around 41000...and later I mean after few weeks will sell for around 39k or 38 k.iam super happy.cant wait for my yellow beast on 11 oct...thou I may get few days earlier ;)

Thanks for the info bro...
but 41 on the launch is too pricy i feel.
should have had between 38-40.

But then as nokia india known for pricy launches is as usual...
will buy on 1st sept :D
irrespective what price they offer.

ifly6e

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the info bro...
but 41 on the launch is too pricy i feel.
should have had between 38-40.

But then as nokia india known for pricy launches is as usual...
will buy on 1st sept :D
irrespective what price they offer.

Bro 1st September 2014? That's when you will buy it? haha, the price off 38 k is worth it for this phone 39 k plus 1000 rs on windows phone store still has me sold :-D

jeetu4444

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
Bro tats the mrp...even l 925 mrp is 38k same with z1 was launched at 45k...now its selling fr 40k...soo by few days price will be 38k...I think tat is a fair price for a fone tat good...

amrut_m

Mar 3, 2013
Visit site
I meant 1st November :winktongue:
I feel they should'nt reduce the price much, this is a niche device.
Max they should go low is to 35

ifly6e

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
Bro tats the mrp...even l 925 mrp is 38k same with z1 was launched at 45k...now its selling fr 40k...soo by few days price will be 38k...I think tat is a fair price for a fone tat good...

That's very true.. Z1 could be bought for 37.5 K now.. I will buy it for 38 k for sure!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05