Lumia 1020 Release in India

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
What price you'd prefer?

Not really, but 25ish K for a decently used phone sounds decent, won't care about the warranty as its not applicable in India any ways.

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
You know how they price the phones based on storage. Every phone manufacturer learned that from Apple :winktongue:

Bah, lets not compare a cherry with a mango. If the 32 Gigs can be sought at 29k (max 3k incl duties and shipping), 64 Gig shouldn't be more than 35k + duties as of now. The problem is, 64 Gig is available only in UK and the prices don't fall so easily over there, but once they start falling its like a stack of cards, I don't know why that happens but I've seen that a lot, some creeps are even selling a used phone for more then the price you can buy a new one on ebay UK :s.

alv3st3r

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
Bah, lets not compare a cherry with a mango. If the 32 Gigs can be sought at 29k (max 3k incl duties and shipping), 64 Gig shouldn't be more than 35k + duties as of now.

Yeah but at the cost of compromising warranty and that means a lot. I'm gonna extend the warranty for my phone.

Once GDR3 breaks the specs barrier, Old WP8 prices will come down eventually. I so wanna see Android fanboys shut their hole about specs comparison.

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
Yeah but at the cost of compromising warranty and that means a lot. I'm gonna extend the warranty for my phone.

Once GDR3 breaks the specs barrier, Old WP8 prices will come down eventually. I so wanna see Android fanboys shut their hole about specs comparison.

If you want the 64 Gig version, you can forget about warranty, or maybe Nokia provides International warranty.
I do know that warranty is crucial (I am doing my 2nd replacement now, on my 720 could ask for a Cyan model), but man living with a 32Gig phone that creates monstrous photos (15+MB) each time you snap 1 is a bad idea in the long run, and 1080p videos means I have to hold my breathe if I want to shoot a bit long video, I could end up broke.

I do know that you can move the stuff on a PC (which I don't do as a daily prayer), or sync it to the cloud (which simply means, wasting more battery and more bandwidth for some content you could have stored on your phone in the first place).

The October 22 event should cool down the prices of current lineup.

Remember, 920 was launched at 38k, its 22-23k now (Brand new)

jeetu4444

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
The India times code is not working anymore....I dont think 1020 price will be dropped after new devices r announced. ..coz...nothing is like 1020 there....I think 43.5 or 44k is a good price....well iphone 5s and 5c price have announced...now y dnt u ppl cry tat apple give 16gb for 50k and 40k with no innovation in it...I think 32gb of lumia 1020 is enough. .in my 808 I have 16gb inbuilt and 16gb card iam very happy.... :)

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
The India times code is not working anymore....I dont think 1020 price will be dropped after new devices r announced. ..coz...nothing is like 1020 there....I think 43.5 or 44k is a good price....well iphone 5s and 5c price have announced...now y dnt u ppl cry tat apple give 16gb for 50k and 40k with no innovation in it...I think 32gb of lumia 1020 is enough. .in my 808 I have 16gb inbuilt and 16gb card iam very happy.... :)

Indiatimes uses day month combo,

So on 20th October, it'll be FLASH2010, on 21st it'll be FLASH2110, but they do not release codes daily, just check Times of India Newspaper, it has the codes if they release it for the day.

Easy man, Don't compare a legend to a wannabe legend. A legend is a legend, and a wannabe legend is pfff.

ifly6e

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site

First off cool down on the crying and all comments bro. It's everyone's hard earned money and if they want to comment on spending it then they should be allowed to :-D.. Apart from that, even though I thought I won't be buying this phone till it goes down to a respectable price.. I finally placed the order yesterday.. Will be getting it by 28th October.. Price from indiatimes.. 41.5 K !!.. After FLASH1510 discount code.. And regarding your comment on Apple.. We don't comment on that because WE DON'T CARE what apple sells it for.. But, as a marker the price of apple devices are consistent. They don't drop like other manufacturers.. For example, Lumia 920 is now 22-23 K :O

jeetu4444

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
Congrats bro...welcome to lumia 1020 family...wic color did u book..and how cme 41.5 k ?....and I just mention apple coz ppl keep complaining about 1020 price and storage....well apple only makes 1 fone and once a year...soo how can price drop fast....and other companies has various models ..so wen they announce new ones old model price have to drop....newaz iam happy u got lumia 1020 :D

Last edited:

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
Congrats bro...welcome to lumia 1020 family...wic color did u book..and how cme 41.5 k ?....and I just mention apple coz ppl keep complaining about 1020 price and storage....well apple only makes 1 fone and once a year...soo how can price drop fast....and other companies has various models ..so wen they announce new ones old model price have to drop....newaz iam happy u got lumia 1020 :D

Lets keep this thread clean, lets not mix fruits with gems/diamonds.
I do not want some moderator with a broom coming for a cleanup here.

ifly6e

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site

Bro, it's 41.5 K using FLASH1510 in indiatimes.com plus a headset free.. Idc about the headset I was looking at 41 k for this phone which I got :-D.. The color is yellow!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss