Couple Questions

Dirigent82

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
Hi all,

Just a couple questions regarding the 1020/WP8:

Perhaps I'm dumb, but I can't find a way to toggle the 4G/LTE connection on and off. Is there a specific spot to do this? I've gone under Settings/Cellular, but that only gives the option to turn off the data connection, not specifically 4G.

Regarding apps, is there a good messenger app that includes video calling? I was surprised Skype doesn't have that option yet, seeing as it's a Microsoft product. I used Google Hangouts on my Android so I've been looking for an app for my 1020. I don't use Facebook. I've downloaded QQ Messenger, but that doesn't seem like the best option for trying to video call with people who have iPhones (everything seems to be in Japanese on the iPhone version).

Thanks for any suggestions!

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
4G toggle may have been greyed out if your network provider has chosen to do so. In the UK, EE has greyed out 2G on their handsets.

Skype does video call on WP7, WP7.5, WP7.8, WP8. - so yes it does video calls and IMs. Download Skype app.

Dirigent82

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
Skype does video call on WP7, WP7.5, WP7.8, WP8. - so yes it does video calls and IMs. Download Skype app.

Indeed you are correct! I had the Skype app downloaded, I guess I just didn't see the video button. Have to create a chat with someone first, and then select video afterwards. Thanks!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6