Add your response of your friends and colleagues after seeing Lumia 1020 in your hands.

giffis

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
My wife took Lumia 1020 to her office today. I send mine with her because they were deciding on the Mobile OS and device to adopt. Yesterday they saw LUMIA 920 in her hands and asked about it.
Everyone in the office was "WOW" about Lumia 1020. Her manager got so excited and he took the phone and gave a demo to all the mangers and they are going to move to windows phone.

replay0

Jul 30, 2013
Visit site
I had just purchased my phone on the 26th, and went on a backpacking trip on the 27th. As this it was in the San Francisco Bay Area, nearly every other member was a tech nerd of one form or another (software engineers, hardware engineers, Google employees, Qualcomm empoyees, etc.). Quite a few of them had heard about the 1020, and when I broke out my brand new 1020 to take photos, they all wanted to see and play with it. No one else there used a Windows Phone, and many were interested in it, especially because of the 1020, but the "apps" were holding them back. That, or they were already devoted to the Google and/or Apple ecosystems. My 1020 photos look almost as good as my DSLR (I own a Canon 5DM3) with a L lens.

B1zzle

Jul 21, 2013
Visit site
Starbucks Barista "Ewwww WHAT is that?"

Me, "Lumia 1020"

Barista "Oooh what's that ? A camera? <points to lens area>

Me: "Yep!, best camera on a smartphone ever"

Barista: "I have to have one!"

Me: "coffee, black please"

SwimSwim

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
I (15 :p) work as a lifeguard, and of course, all the kidies at the pool want an iPhone (you'd be amazed as to how much iPhones dominate in my area, 95%+ of smartphone marketshare 'round here).

Anyways, for the past few days, I've been showing the kids the phone and giving them exposure to the Windows Phone ecosystem and all it could do. Today, the kids couldn't get enough of zooming in and out with the phone, it was great!

Mayhap I'm aiding in raising a new generation of Windows Phone lovers. Get 'em while they're young, I suppose. Hopefully I've made enough of an impression on them that, when they time comes for them to buy some type of smartphone, they'll give Windows Phone another go. Still, in my area, everyone mindlessly buys Apple, and mindlessly defends it also (I.E: Saying it's better, without giving any legit reasons...). It will be interesting to see how this plays out, but at least Nokia is helping to make a name for themselves, their phones always seem to turn heads.

Dirigent82

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
Not friends or colleagues yet, but I went to Best Buy and Radio Shack today looking at a possible car mount for mine. As I took my phone out testing a few of them, workers at both stores asked if it was the new 1020. I of course replied yes. They were excited to see one in person and they were wanting to get one for themselves. I have a yellow 1020, so it seems to garner a little more attention anyway. :smile:

bawboh86

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
Usually, I get "Is that yellow a case?" My girlfriend has been completely wowed by how great the camera works, especially when I take a pic of the room and crop down to just one little detail to post to Facebook. :D

SwimSwim

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
Usually, I get "Is that yellow a case?" My girlfriend has been completely wowed by how great the camera works, especially when I take a pic of the room and crop down to just one little detail to post to Facebook. :D

Yeah, I kinda wish I had gotten a yellow, it would turn more heads, oh well, the black still looks and feels amazing!

techiedude007

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
Starbucks Barista "Ewwww WHAT is that?"

Me, "Lumia 1020"

Barista "Oooh what's that ? A camera? <points to lens area>

Me: "Yep!, best camera on a smartphone ever"

Barista: "I have to have one!"

Me: "coffee, black please"

Sounds like you could've had a date out of that encounter ;)

mpelti

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
Shortly after I got my 920, me and my brother were in a hotel for a bachelor party. I took a picture out the window and showed it to him. He did a double take and half-shouted: "how... but it's ... IT'S DARK OUTSIDE!" I can only imagine the spit-takes the 1020 camera will cause.

lennyk1313

Oct 21, 2012
Visit site
I can actually say that people are more aware of the new Nokia 1020 vs when I got my 920. Some people saw my phone and said "Is this the new Nokia Phone?" Most of my friends and family liked it a lot, the overall look and feel. But when it comes to picture quality, they just get amazed. The only negative comment I got from one person was, "Oh it runs Windows OS?" But he is the kind of guy who is set in his ways and does not like change lol.

ninjaap

Dec 10, 2008
Visit site
My favorite response so far was from a guy working at an Invisible Shield kiosk at the mall. He was working on installing shields on a couple of iPhones and asked if he did anything else besides iPhones. He responded with "we do pretty much any device you have". I asked if they already had one available for my phone, and I pulled it out of my pocket and showed him my bright yellow 1020. And his eyes just lit up in amazement and said "woah, what is that?!" I told him ATT just launched it today and it had 41 MP camera. He was even more amazed and stopped what he was doing to take a closer look. That got the attention of the other 2 customers (iPhone users); all 3 of them fixated on the giant camera bezel. They didn't even know it was launched or even heard of it at all. They all asked a few questions and were all genuinely intrigued by the phone. That was a pretty cool moment that I got to talk about my phone to complete strangers.

vlad0

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
I've been dealing with this for over a year... I am yet to NOT get a comment on the 41Mpix thing.

The best thing to do is to show them a zoomed in 38mpix image, and they go.. "oh ya, that looks goodl", and then zoom all the way back out..

giffis

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
I've been dealing with this for over a year... I am yet to NOT get a comment on the 41Mpix thing.

The best thing to do is to show them a zoomed in 38mpix image, and they go.. "oh ya, that looks goodl", and then zoom all the way back out..

This weekend I covered a graduation party with LUMIA 1020. I show them a zoomed picture, they were wow and then I showed them the actual picture. People were not able to believe. At least few will consider Lumia in their next upgrade. Covered 30 ladies in a PANORAMA shot. I am sure those apple fans will think different now, after seeing that shot.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss