Otterbox Defender Case for 1020

Paul Duncan1

May 14, 2013
Visit site
That's great to hear. Otterbox cases are excellent. ��

Without a doubt. My 23 yr old son has a 920 with a defender case and it has more than paid for it'self. I've seen him launch that phone (literally on accident) onto a concrete floor a couple of times which has saved it. The case is extremely rugged, and the phone remains untouched.

techiedude007

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
They are great, no doubt. Only downside is getting them in and out is a chore. It will make it hard to use the camera grip....what to do, what to do :smile:

I was thinking the same thing but here's an option: only put the shells on when you're gonna use 'em. Put the charging shell on when it's going to be charged (so leave the shell by the charging shell/pad; or maybe some enterprising chap will take the charging shell "apart" and incorporate the wireless charging elements into an Otterbox and let us know how it goes?? :wink: ). Using the camera shell is a lil more hard to pin down but maybe only put the camera shell on for extended photo outings (theme park, sporting event, family outing, etc. But even those times would be ideal to have the added protection of an Otterbox). All other times the 1020 will be in the Otterbox :)

I've got both the camera shell and charging shell but most of the time the phone isn't in either case/shell (see above examples ;) ). The only thing keeping me from getting the Otterbox? I like the lines and look of the 1020 the way it is :) I've also got insurance from the MS Store on the 1020 so if something stupid does happen it costs me $49 to replace it - the same cost as the Otterbox lol

Last edited:

John20212

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
They are great, no doubt. Only downside is getting them in and out is a chore. It will make it hard to use the camera grip....what to do, what to do :smile:

This is why I decided to just get some basic snap on case thats easy to take off. It might only provide minimal protection, but I got into a habit of using the wrist strap any time I pick up my 1020, so the only way it is going to fall is if the wrist strap breaks.

I am really glad Nokia has put a lanyard hole on the phone, great idea that all phones should have.

ParoleGA

Jul 23, 2013
Visit site
So, I thought I was being extra careful with my 1020. Dedicated pocket and all. Just noticed 2 small scratches on the front glass.

Unknown Sharp Objects = 2
Gorrilla Glass 3 = 0

Otterbox incoming...

Now about that camera lens....

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3