Has anyone else been having issues with call quality on the 1020? I picked mine up yesterday. When I call some people they say I am coming in crystal clear, others say I am fading in and out. On my end, I get a weird feedback/static at end of people's words/sentences and it seems to be picking up background noise over the person's words. Very frustrating because there is NOTHING else wrong with this phone.

Do I have to get a replacement device or is this something that is usually fixed by phone updates?
    07-31-2013 01:54 PM
    Has anyone else been having issues with call quality on the 1020? I picked mine up yesterday. When I call some people they say I am coming in crystal clear, others say I am fading in and out. On my end, I get a weird feedback/static at end of people's words/sentences and it seems to be picking up background noise over the person's words. Very frustrating because there is NOTHING else wrong with this phone.

Do I have to get a replacement device or is this something that is usually fixed by phone updates?
    I have no trouble on my 1020. It's possible you have a noise cancelling mic malfunction. Are you in a well serviced area with at&t? I had antenna/noise cancellation problems on my Titan (before I upgraded to the 1020) where everything would be muffled when I got in an area where I didn't have a lot of at&t coverage.
    Sarah Burgess likes this.
    07-31-2013 02:41 PM
    I have no trouble on my 1020. It's possible you have a noise cancelling mic malfunction. Are you in a well serviced area with at&t? I had antenna/noise cancellation problems on my Titan (before I upgraded to the 1020) where everything would be muffled when I got in an area where I didn't have a lot of at&t coverage.
    I also upgraded from HTC Titan to L1020. I have not made a lot of calls yet but I can say the call quality has been improved a lot with L1020. Not sure if this is applicable to other handsets though. Need to pay more attention to see if what OP described would happen.
    07-31-2013 03:06 PM
    My only complaint with the 1020 is the earpiece volume. Call me deaf, but I'd love for it to be louder. I suppose I was spoiled by my HTC One and previous Galaxy devices, but there has GOT to be a way to boost the volume.
    07-31-2013 03:40 PM
    Hi Everyone thank you very much for all the replies. I went into the At&t store and the technicians also agreed there was a problem as they tested calling each other with the phone. Thankfully they tested the SIM before replacing the phone because that was the issue. They think the staff member yesterday incorrectly inserted the card and damaged it. After replacing call quality improved significantly. No other issues yet. I will definitely be monitoring as I still have 14 days to completely replace the phone.

Hopefully if someone else has this happen they check the SIM.

Amazing phone btw :) switched from iphone 4s...now I realize how much of a piece of junk it was.
    07-31-2013 06:52 PM
    I have this issue exactly!!!
    07-31-2013 09:41 PM
    I'm so glad you posted this! I have this annoying issue too and was getting ready to replace it. I'll open the SIM and try putting that back in, and if nothing changes get the SIM replaced at the store. Thanks!
    07-31-2013 10:42 PM
    go into the store asap and have them take a look...!!!
    07-31-2013 11:29 PM
    Sent from my NL720 using Tapatalk
    07-31-2013 11:35 PM
    Originally Posted by xconomicron I have no trouble on my 1020. It's possible you have a noise cancelling mic malfunction. Are you in a well serviced area with at&t? I had antenna/noise cancellation problems on my Titan (before I upgraded to the 1020) where everything would be muffled when I got in an area where I didn't have a lot of at&t coverage.

I also upgraded from HTC Titan to L1020. I have not made a lot of calls yet but I can say the call quality has been improved a lot with L1020. Not sure if this is applicable to other handsets though. Need to pay more attention to see if what OP described would happen.
    I too came from a Titan with the Charlie Brown "adult muffled" audio quality. The audio quality of the 1020 has been nothing but simply amazing compared to that! I use the Bluetooth in my car to make calls and I've had multiple people ask if I've gotten a new phone because they no longer hear roadnoise or additional "feedback"/sounds that they heard before. Many had thought I was calling from a bathroom before; there's obviously a big difference in mic quality. Count me happy!

@Sarah: congrats on finding the fix. Good thing to know about!
    xconomicron likes this.
    08-01-2013 05:26 AM
    http://cdn-forums.wpcentral.com/imag...quote_icon.png Originally Posted by xconomicron http://cdn-forums.wpcentral.com/imag...post-right.png I have no trouble on my 1020. It's possible you have a noise cancelling mic malfunction. Are you in a well serviced area with at&t? I had antenna/noise cancellation problems on my Titan (before I upgraded to the 1020) where everything would be muffled when I got in an area where I didn't have a lot of at&t coverage.

I too came from a Titan with the Charlie Brown "adult muffled" audio quality. The audio quality of the 1020 has been nothing but simply amazing compared to that! I use the Bluetooth in my car to make calls and I've had multiple people ask if I've gotten a new phone because they no longer hear roadnoise or additional "feedback"/sounds that they heard before. Many had thought I was calling from a bathroom before; there's obviously a big difference in mic quality. Count me happy!

@Sarah: congrats on finding the fix. Good thing to know about!
    ditto. I've had people ask me the same. SOOOOO MUCH BETTER!

@Sarah... thanks for mentioning this. I will continue to monitor on my end to see if I have any problems.
    08-01-2013 08:56 AM
    Hi Everyone thank you very much for all the replies. I went into the At&t store and the technicians also agreed there was a problem as they tested calling each other with the phone. Thankfully they tested the SIM before replacing the phone because that was the issue. They think the staff member yesterday incorrectly inserted the card and damaged it. After replacing call quality improved significantly. No other issues yet. I will definitely be monitoring as I still have 14 days to completely replace the phone.

Hopefully if someone else has this happen they check the SIM.

Amazing phone btw :) switched from iphone 4s...now I realize how much of a piece of junk it was.
    That is quite interesting, I wouldn't have though a sim might be causing such as issue.
    08-01-2013 11:30 AM
    That is quite interesting, I wouldn't have though a sim might be causing such as issue.
    I was thinking the same. I however seem to have a similar issue with audio fading out just for a short second, but quite often. It's becoming annoying. Pulled my SIM card from my GS4, which had no problems. Will do some more testing and find the issue.
    08-01-2013 08:47 PM