View Poll Results: Are you happy with your 1020?

Voters
158. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

137 86.71%
  • No

7 4.43%
  • Mixed-Post why below

14 8.86%
07-03-2015 09:51 AM
141 ... 23456
tools
    Haha if anyone is NOT happy with their 1020, I will happily take it off your hands.
    You see, im stuck on an at&t contract with my 920. Don't get me wrong, I love my 920, but I really want a 1020.
    08-03-2013 10:32 PM
    I keep going back and forth about upgrading from a 920 to a 1020.

I'm most concerned about losing wireless charging. And if I get the wireless charging add-on then I can't put on the camera grip.

Not that I need the camera grip, but I like that it has a battery in it.
    bawboh86 likes this.
    08-03-2013 10:50 PM
    I think I'd be okay with setting my wireless charger aside for a little bit. I used it when I went to bed, but it's not that big of a hassle to plug in my phone (even if I make a bit more noise and bother the missus). Still, for the phone I have now, the minor inconvenience it totally worth it, imo. :)
    08-03-2013 10:58 PM
    How is that possible? What settings are you using for brightness and battery saver?
    I wish I can explain it. Just checked it...17 hours since last charged and it is at 76%. Battery saver is off and brightness is set to auto. Glance setting is set to "Peek". I don't use it any more or any less than I did with my L920 (well maybe take more pictures). My L920 would need to be on charger after 14 hours. Therefore, I can't explain it.
    Jaripi likes this.
    08-04-2013 01:14 AM
    I wish I can explain it. Just checked it...17 hours since last charged and it is at 76%. Battery saver is off and brightness is set to auto. Glance setting is set to "Peek". I don't use it any more or any less than I did with my L920 (well maybe take more pictures). My L920 would need to be on charger after 14 hours. Therefore, I can't explain it.
    The guy on a youtube video stated that with glance on he only got 10 hours battery life, and with glance off he had a maximum of 18.

I don't know what you're doing that the rest of us aren't. Pretty sure most people aren't getting that great of battery life.
    08-04-2013 01:23 AM
    The guy on a youtube video stated that with glance on he only got 10 hours battery life, and with glance off he had a maximum of 18.

I don't know what you're doing that the rest of us aren't. Pretty sure most people aren't getting that great of battery life.
    I'm getting great battery life. 12 hours @ 50% today. Been leaving it on 3G only, no LTE.
    08-04-2013 01:39 AM
    I'm getting great battery life. 12 hours @ 50% today. Been leaving it on 3G only, no LTE.
    How exactly do you disable LTE? Through field test it doesnt seem to save the options, but I haven't messed with it much.
    08-04-2013 01:44 AM

Again, I wish I can explain it. Maybe I am not using the phone as much as everyone else. I do use a tablet as well for day to day stuff. All I know is that my habits did not change from iPhone 4S to L920 to L1020. With iPhone and L920, I was averaging 12-14 hours per day before needing charging. Now, with the L1020, it seems I can 24+ hours before charging. I don't know...sorry, wish I can explain it.
    Muessig and Jaripi like this.
    08-04-2013 01:45 AM

I think that it is very misleading information - maybe it was because he just used it more ... this is very similar setting as they have in Nokia N9 and it was NOT any battery eater ever - it use very little power and a proximity sensor shut it off when you have your phone in pocket or in closed case ... yes, I have my own experience too, as owner of Nokia N9 for over 2 years ... by the way, all N9 owners who I know, love it :)
    NateDawgSC likes this.
    08-04-2013 01:49 AM
    I think that it is very misleading information - maybe it was because he just used it more ... this is very similar setting as they have in Nokia N9 and it was NOT any battery eater ever - it use very little power and a proximity sensor shut it off when you have your phone in pocket or in closed case ... yes, I have my own experience too, as owner of Nokia N9 for over 2 years ... by the way, all N9 owners who I know, love it :)
    Nokia Lumia 1020 Review - Performance and Conclusion

It's right here. Don't take my word for it, I'm just simply re-quoting John V
    08-04-2013 02:10 AM
    Nokia Lumia 1020 Review - Performance and Conclusion

It's right here. Don't take my word for it, I'm just simply re-quoting John V
    Sorry, but I want to let 1020 users to know that it is probably just a wrong conclusion ... well, it is not uncommon that a first charge is not so great and phonearena.com should know it ...
    08-04-2013 02:21 AM
    I voted mixed, I feel the phone hardware is amazing, but the OS is a little lacking, youtube app all of them are just terrible, yeah they play video but try to play any vevo video from artist and it says not available in mobile, yet on other phones it doesnt happen, netifications o man open up the email, or sms and then leave or put the phone to sleep for some reason now it doesnt show like messages or emails not read, because the live tile revomes the icon once the app is opened. Apps are alright, you can find replacement for some, there are some bugs though and found had to restart the device, one of them was the otspot would not turn on ,and had to shut off the phone and it would not turn back on until I plugged it in for like 5 mins. Tell me is still really limited, I try to use voice commands, for calls, text, reminders, alarms and sometimes general knowledge, but for now it doesnt even set up alarm, and my biggest gripe it comes when u are driving, and need to use apps like whats app or viber and no voice dictation is available, since is only for the sms app.
    08-04-2013 02:23 AM
    I voted mixed, I feel the phone hardware is amazing, but the OS is a little lacking, youtube app all of them are just terrible, yeah they play video but try to play any vevo video from artist and it says not available in mobile, yet on other phones it doesnt happen, netifications o man open up the email, or sms and then leave or put the phone to sleep for some reason now it doesnt show like messages or emails not read, because the live tile revomes the icon once the app is opened. Apps are alright, you can find replacement for some, there are some bugs though and found had to restart the device, one of them was the otspot would not turn on ,and had to shut off the phone and it would not turn back on until I plugged it in for like 5 mins. Tell me is still really limited, I try to use voice commands, for calls, text, reminders, alarms and sometimes general knowledge, but for now it doesnt even set up alarm, and my biggest gripe it comes when u are driving, and need to use apps like whats app or viber and no voice dictation is available, since is only for the sms app.
    What is Youtube app ? - I just tried "Vevo" videos by myTube (Ryken) - with my Lumia 920 - and they works well ...
    08-04-2013 02:31 AM
    What is Youtube app ? - I just tried "Vevo" videos by myTube (Ryken) - with my Lumia 920 - and they works well ...
    for Youtube you could also try Metrotube.
    08-04-2013 02:32 AM
    for Youtube you could also try Metrotube.
    Metrotube is phenomenal but it doesn't even play most of the youtube movies that I want it to. It just doesn't even load them, so I stopped using it. Even bought the app
    08-04-2013 02:40 AM
    Yes but that means the youtube apps currently in the store are not complete, I have used vevo app itself before, but I have to leave one app for the other to watch one video that is already ready to play on the metrotube, or youtube HD app and it wont play, I am sure they will fix it but the question is when?.
    08-04-2013 08:59 AM
    I have to say I get amazing battery life as well. I have mine set up with auto brightness, battery saver is off, and I use my phone mainly for texting, email, light internet surfing, game here and there, and more photo taking than I used to (that's for sure!). I'll try and monitor it for examples.
    08-04-2013 09:39 AM
    Unfortunately I have had limited success with the text message integration. Facebook messages works sometimes... Other times not. It's very frustrating. I'll reinstall Facebook later and see if that helps. Also because of I've friended many of my colleagues I don't like to sync Facebook events to my calendar. It gets really cluttered.
    there is an option to display 'only the facebook events I responded to'.
    bawboh86 likes this.
    08-04-2013 01:28 PM
    there is an option to display 'only the facebook events I responded to'.
    Thanks, i'll use this for the future. I still wish I could get event invite notifications though. Some of the invites are last minute, i'll be looking forward to the future of WP though.
    08-04-2013 02:15 PM
    I have to say I get amazing battery life as well. I have mine set up with auto brightness, battery saver is off, and I use my phone mainly for texting, email, light internet surfing, game here and there, and more photo taking than I used to (that's for sure!). I'll try and monitor it for examples.
    I use my phone similarly, but i'm forced to charge by around 6:00PM right when I get home. I also charge it in the car about an 1.5 hours a day. My job is mostly outdoors, so i'm wondering if the summer heat is making my battery less efficient.
    08-04-2013 02:20 PM
    For those having battery life issues try to do the soft reset. It definitely made a big difference for me. I think you hold down the power button and volume down button for 10 seconds. I took my phone off the charger this morning at 8 am, after some fairly light use I'm still at 83%.
    snguyen10 likes this.
    08-04-2013 02:45 PM
    I use my phone similarly, but i'm forced to charge by around 6:00PM right when I get home. I also charge it in the car about an 1.5 hours a day. My job is mostly outdoors, so i'm wondering if the summer heat is making my battery less efficient.
    When you set brightness to AUTO and continue working in the sunny days, the screen is always running HIGH for brightness. It is probably the reason for the faster battery drain. Try change from AUTO to medium or low and see if it helps.
    snguyen10 likes this.
    08-04-2013 03:20 PM
    When you set brightness to AUTO and continue working in the sunny days, the screen is always running HIGH for brightness. It is probably the reason for the faster battery drain. Try change from AUTO to medium or low and see if it helps.
    I'll see if this helps tomorrow, along with the soft reset.
    08-04-2013 03:26 PM
    I did a few things. Turned battery saver on (always), turned off LTE, and turned off double tap to wake.

I've had it on for 14 hours and still at 65-70% battery life which is phenomenal. Now I'm gonna turn battery saver off and see what my battery life is like now. I think the double tap to wake may have been draining the battery the most, or LTE.
    08-04-2013 05:18 PM
    I just checked and compared the Power Management specs of L920, L925, L928 and L1020. The Maximum Wifi Browsing time for L920 is 9 hours, for L925 is 7.2 hours, for L928 is 7 hours and for L1020 is 5.5 hours. So it is not surprising to see faster battery drain on L1020 (comparing to L920 specially) if you do a lot of internet browsings on either Wifi or Cellunar network. The rest of specs are comparable to L9xx phones. There is apparently some design issues here and I don't know if Nokia can improve on that in the future upgrades. For now, it is the small price to pay for getting a super camera. I still think it is worth it.
    08-04-2013 08:03 PM
141 ... 23456