Are you happy with your 1020?

bawboh86

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
If it is done the same way as they did it in old Nokia N9 (Meego Harmattan OS), then it should go off in your pocket or in your case (base on a distance sensor) ...

I just know the Engadget review mentioned that they got better battery after they turned off Glance. I think that's the only review I've seen that's even mentioned it.

giffis

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
I Jumped from Iphone 4 to Lumia 900, then 920 , and now 1020. One thing, I am addicted to WP now. Apps argument is bull****. Most of the stuff I need is already there or Web App(HTML5) is enough for the purpose.

Games - Xbox games is enough for most of the people.
Nokia phone is camera and location. It worth for the money. I visited Quebec, Cannada with my 920. I travelled the whole place with the help of 920, without data plan. Nokia (here) Maps will show the main places and it will transfer you to Here drive. My friends Android and Iphone was completely useless during the trip (switched off most of the time) .
I use this phone to keep kids active during trip – with downloaded you tube app – Peace of mind.

Most importantly you feel more closer to your family and friends. You see the updates by them in People Hub, Photos. Most ease of access to the things matters to you. You will never open other apps for this.

Tim Dearden

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
I am very impressed with the here map apps. I was thinking I would have to get google but the here maps are great and they all work really well together. The augmented reality app (here city lens) is really cool and useful.

dfaris

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
I just got my 1020 with the free camera grip and I'm very happy with it so far. The Camera rocks, and the windows OS is really very good. I came from the BB and sure things are done
a little different but I can pretty much do everything I want. All the apps I use are on WP8 so I'm very happy.

snguyen10

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
This is my opinion and the way I use my device...I voted mixed. Even though Nokia makes great hardware it is very limited with WP8. It's a great OS but it's lacking a lot of basic functions an phone OS should have this day in age. I'm primarily an Android user and even though the "lack of apps" complaint does not bother me as I don't use tons of apps and have been able to find 3rd party alternatives for the ones that I do need. My last Windows Phone went back to Windows Mobile 6 days and they have seriously stripped down a lot of basic OS features. I'm not going to list them as there are tons of threads about what WP8 lacks over in the WP8 forum. I'm over 1 week with using WP8 as a daily driver to see how I can survive without Android. I'm growing accustomed to the 1020, the camera by far has been the best, and the way WP8 works and I seriously think I can convert to WP8 but if they don't improve on it later this year like they say they will then I don't think I could last on it. Right now I'm pretty much just "getting by" with what it can't do but eventually the features I've grown accustomed to will soon drive me back to Android. Also, the MS cloud ecosystem needs to greatly improve as well which is another big reason I would stick with my Android device and Google Services. No 200GB SkyDrive option and only a 2GB file size upload limit is a real deal breaker to me. WP8 has given OCD lately with always hitting the back button to make sure all apps are closed out, and it drives me crazy! So, to me the L1020 device itself is awesome the OS and Ecosystem behind it is what's lacking.

I'm in the same boat with you... Yes, I like the hardware, but i'm only JUST getting by with WP8. Many of these complaints are small things, but when I can list a dozen off the top of my head it gets a bit disheartening. The only question you have to ask yourself is if the camera is worth it.

10 Gauge

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
Well, I'm going to dump this phone. I really really tried to love it, but the OS is so immature and feature-lacking that I just can't stand it anymore. To top it off with horrible apps and app support just makes it a dud to me. I will miss the awesome camera, but not as much as the simple things like a working notification center.

Sorry Windows Phone, you just didn't rock my world. :(

bawboh86

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
Well, I'm going to dump this phone. I really really tried to love it, but the OS is so immature and feature-lacking that I just can't stand it anymore. To top it off with horrible apps and app support just makes it a dud to me. I will miss the awesome camera, but not as much as the simple things like a working notification center.

The great thing about the mobile industry is that there are options. Sorry this one wasn't for you, but I do wish you the best in whatever you get. :)

snguyen10

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site

The lack of notification center really hurts the experience a lot. I missed a dinner invite because the Facebook app doesn't alert me for events. Still haven't decided if I'm going to keep the phone myself. I hope the next update is a big one. Windows phone needs it bad.

B1zzle

Jul 21, 2013
Visit site
The lack of notification center really hurts the experience a lot. I missed a dinner invite because the Facebook app doesn't alert me for events. Still haven't decided if I'm going to keep the phone myself. I hope the next update is a big one. Windows phone needs it bad.

interesting

if you have facebook events synced to your calendar it will notify you

snguyen10

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
And if it was in the form of a message and he's logged in via "accounts+email", it should show up like a text message.

Unfortunately I have had limited success with the text message integration. Facebook messages works sometimes... Other times not. It's very frustrating. I'll reinstall Facebook later and see if that helps. Also because of I've friended many of my colleagues I don't like to sync Facebook events to my calendar. It gets really cluttered.

GloriousGlory

Jul 30, 2013
Visit site
I very much love this phone, but battery life seems short to me. It has drained about 60% in 8 hours under light use. I don't have anything intensive running either as far as I know and have disabled most things people recommend including background tasks.

NateDawgSC

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
This phone rocks! The app situation, if there is one, does not bother me. Sure, I wish my bank would make an app for it, like they did on iOS and android...but I can survive without. The battery life has been awesome for me. After 12 hours, I am still on 80% charge. No, I am not a big Internet user or movie on phone (that is what tablet is for), but I sure talk, text, and use social media constantly. I turn off most background apps and any other non-essential stuff. Battery life has been way better than my L920. The people hub kicks you know what. I don't have to use twitter or Facebook apps to converse with others. There are too many positives to this phone and OS that the negatives (if any) are too minor.

Obviously, the biggest draw is the camera. It will not replace my dslr, but it is a very close second. Being able to change settings is nice. Shoot now and zoom later is real. I can download hires photos into Lightroom and crop pictures...they look fabulous.

When I moved from iOS (iPhone 4s) to L920, the learning curve was about two weeks to really like it over iOS and android. I almost gave up on WP8 in beginning, but once figured out all of the stuff it can do, the other two OS just pale in comparisons. For the people on the fence, forget about your previous OS (android, iOS, BB, etc) and let WP work for you. Trust me, it will work. I have converted several diehard android and iOS users, once I showed them WP8.

1ll1TERAT3

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
Haha if anyone is NOT happy with their 1020, I will happily take it off your hands.
You see, im stuck on an at&t contract with my 920. Don't get me wrong, I love my 920, but I really want a 1020.

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
I keep going back and forth about upgrading from a 920 to a 1020.

I'm most concerned about losing wireless charging. And if I get the wireless charging add-on then I can't put on the camera grip.

Not that I need the camera grip, but I like that it has a battery in it.

bawboh86

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
I think I'd be okay with setting my wireless charger aside for a little bit. I used it when I went to bed, but it's not that big of a hassle to plug in my phone (even if I make a bit more noise and bother the missus). Still, for the phone I have now, the minor inconvenience it totally worth it, imo. :)

NateDawgSC

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
How is that possible? What settings are you using for brightness and battery saver?

I wish I can explain it. Just checked it...17 hours since last charged and it is at 76%. Battery saver is off and brightness is set to auto. Glance setting is set to "Peek". I don't use it any more or any less than I did with my L920 (well maybe take more pictures). My L920 would need to be on charger after 14 hours. Therefore, I can't explain it.

GloriousGlory

Jul 30, 2013
Visit site
I wish I can explain it. Just checked it...17 hours since last charged and it is at 76%. Battery saver is off and brightness is set to auto. Glance setting is set to "Peek". I don't use it any more or any less than I did with my L920 (well maybe take more pictures). My L920 would need to be on charger after 14 hours. Therefore, I can't explain it.

The guy on a youtube video stated that with glance on he only got 10 hours battery life, and with glance off he had a maximum of 18.

I don't know what you're doing that the rest of us aren't. Pretty sure most people aren't getting that great of battery life.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb