08-18-2015 06:43 AM
79 1234
tools
    Are the Qi charging coils expensive? Hard to come by?
    I don't think they are expensive or hard to come by. They might be "wireless charging card"
    730167 Qi Wireless For Samsung Galaxy S3 i9300 Card Charger Receiver Chip ONSALE | eBay

There is a few different types for different phones and some has different mA rating, but surely it looks thin enough to put into a case.
    10-04-2013 03:25 AM
    My gf got the tudia melody case. Great price, good fit, but not much drop protection
    10-04-2013 03:31 AM
    I've just bought a cheap TPU case from Ebay, just wanted to get it in a case as soon as possible, as my 8yr old is prone to dropping stuff.

S Line Soft TPU Wave Gel Case Cover For New Nokia Lumia 1020 + Screen Protector | eBay

I have the purple one, it's OK for now, not great, but it does provide slightly more protection for the camera than some of the other TPU cases as the case goes right up to the edge of the lens and it was only 2.90 with free postage.

I'm hankering after a soft genuine leather case with some kind of lens protection. Wish the phone came with a built in lens cover, used to have a LG Renoir which had a sliding lens cover, which was fab.
    10-04-2013 04:12 AM
    I, too, have been looking for a nice leather case. I came across this site, and it seems to be the best available at the moment, so I ordered one. Apparently it could take up to 3 weeks coming from Hong Kong (to the US), but it looks good:

TETDED Premium Leather Case for Nokia Lumia 1020 -- Caen (LC: Black)

There's also a few different case styles and colors that look quite nice.

EDIT: This arrived yesterday (10/10/13) - looks nice, not a big fan of the hard inside, but it was cracked! I contacted them, and they want me to send it back to them in Hong Kong, to process and send me another. That will take at least 2 weeks, not to mention the cost of sending it back. I do not recommend buying from them.
    Last edited by thelostsoul; 10-11-2013 at 06:50 AM.
    10-04-2013 08:47 AM
    I am currently using the Poetic Flipbook Case for my 1020 and it has been pretty nice. It is slim for a flip case I accidentally dropped it once already and the phone has a few scratches on the bottom corner, nothing major. It could have been worse since the flip cover of the case is free and not attached by magnets or buttons. I like it. The only complaint is that I wish the corners had better coverage and I want to cover that lens with a protector.
    10-04-2013 12:18 PM
    I just got my Lumia 1020 with the Camera Grip and I actually like the Camera Grip as a full time accessory. The main thing I like about it is it allows the phone to stand upright on my desk as if it were setting in a cradle. The problem is carrying it. I would love to have a horizontal holster with the phone facing in to carry on my left side belt. My old case for the Titan was positioned this way with a magnetic flap. Has anyone seen or heard of a holster for the 1020 with Camera Grip attached?

Keith
    Last edited by Keith Skaggs; 10-05-2013 at 09:36 AM.
    10-05-2013 07:33 AM
    Anyone heard anything new about the rumoured Nokia Premium Leather Case http://www.windowscentral.com/first-glimp...ase-lumia-1020

I was really hopeing to get that one, but as time passes is there really a chance it might still come?
    10-11-2013 02:24 AM
    just to make people feel better about the lens and put your minds at rest a bit , it is gorilla glass 3 and only a small surface area , i had an 808 for ages and it went every where with me , beaches in thailand , work every day and used heavily , the lens was perfect even after a year+ of hard usage with no lens protection ;-)
    10-11-2013 03:56 AM
    I, too, have been looking for a nice leather case. I came across this site, and it seems to be the best available at the moment, so I ordered one. Apparently it could take up to 3 weeks coming from Hong Kong (to the US), but it looks good:

TETDED Premium Leather Case for Nokia Lumia 1020 -- Caen (LC: Black)

There's also a few different case styles and colors that look quite nice.

EDIT: This arrived yesterday (10/10/13) - looks nice, not a big fan of the hard inside, but it was cracked! I contacted them, and they want me to send it back to them in Hong Kong, to process and send me another. That will take at least 2 weeks, not to mention the cost of sending it back. I do not recommend buying from them.
    I'm thinking of going for this one too. I am currently using ATT's AGF, but it is a plastic imitation case. The corners are already chipped though (case did its job when the phone got dropped) but I have to believe that with genuine leather, the material would take the shock and reform instead of breaking off - nice find!!

UPDATE - Noticed a RED color case. So splurged and ordered this!! With the yellow phone this has to look pretty phenomenal :D
    A bit of a gamble considering what THELOSTSOUL ran into, but I honestly haven't seen anything to date that is grabbing my attention as much as this one. Fingers crossed for better luck.
    I know the hassle though. It seems to cost nothing to ship from HK to USA, but go the other direction, you're screwed.
    Last edited by antiochian2010; 10-11-2013 at 02:35 PM.
    10-11-2013 12:06 PM
    I'm thinking of going for this one too. I am currently using ATT's AGF, but it is a plastic imitation case. The corners are already chipped though (case did its job when the phone got dropped) but I have to believe that with genuine leather, the material would take the shock and reform instead of breaking off - nice find!!

UPDATE - Noticed a RED color case. So splurged and ordered this!! With the yellow phone this has to look pretty phenomenal :D
    A bit of a gamble considering what THELOSTSOUL ran into, but I honestly haven't seen anything to date that is grabbing my attention as much as this one. Fingers crossed for better luck.
    I know the hassle though. It seems to cost nothing to ship from HK to USA, but go the other direction, you're screwed.
    Let me assure you that the case I received is definitely a nice case. Upon further inspection, I see that the case definitely contained a manufacturing defect. The leather covers a flexible plastic. The plastic is very flexible and would not have broken from simple shipping and handling. The plastic was not manufactured properly. At the cost of the item, and given that it was their mistake, I would expect them to cover return shipping. Unfortunately, they have not been helpful in contacting them. They have asked for pictures (which I sent them), and continue to state that they will need to evaluate the item. Its as if each message I send them has nothing to do with my last message. I have stopped hearing from them for the past few days, so I have opened a dispute on PayPal. Personally, I will not buy from them again because customer service is very important to me. I like to know that if something goes wrong (and hopefully it won't), that it will be handled respectfully, properly, and swift-fully. That is why Amazon is still my favorite online retailer. I hope that this was an anomaly though, and I hope you do not have the same issue that I had.
    10-14-2013 09:54 PM
    Purchased a Nillkin case (not the skin or wallet version but the frost shield one... Whatever it's called), will give feedback on it when I get it.

Still waiting on that brown Lumia leather case with the lens cap to become available for purchase... Doubt it will though. :/
    10-14-2013 11:06 PM
    I want a charging case..
    tkuhe likes this.
    10-15-2013 10:28 AM
    I want a charging case..
    Unfortunately your best bet is probably just gonna be the camera grip case for a while. I doubt we'll see a Mophie juicepack for the 1020.
    cmore675 likes this.
    10-15-2013 01:27 PM
    I'm currently using a wallet flip case. Good value...$8 for a decent case. The only complain I have is that it doesn't hold a lot of credit cards.

41wy-d1stel._sy300_.jpg71cnkpvo6ql._sl1500_.jpg
    10-15-2013 01:52 PM

OK.. received today and have to say this is worth every penny!

The fit is nice; the inside back is suede leather; in every respect this is far ahead of the AGF case sold on AT&T.

wp_20131016_09_25_09_pro.jpg

wp_20131016_09_25_22_pro.jpg

wp_20131016_09_37_26_pro.jpg
    cmore675 likes this.
    10-16-2013 11:41 AM
    Just received this Nillkin Super Frosted Shield, for those who want a simple hardcase yet providing protection for the camera case as well. and for under $15 sgd ($12 usd) is just solid.

NILLKIN? ????

wp_20131017_02_18_45_pro.jpg

Belows were taken by Lumia 920

wp_20131017_02_29_21_pro.jpg
    wp_20131017_02_29_53_pro.jpg
    cmore675, deannah2 and alllies like this.
    10-16-2013 01:27 PM
    Check out this one by Noreve (leather, made in France, ships free), price range from $66.28 to $172.35.
    They look absolutely stunning, but the price is out of this world.

Nokia Lumia 1020 Tradition leather case | Noreve - Haute Couture for Mobile Devices
    deannah2 likes this.
    10-20-2013 02:45 PM
    just another suggestion:
    handmade, made-to-order, organic leather sleeve at Etsy: https://www.etsy.com/de/listing/1589...arch_query=925
    10-21-2013 03:45 PM
    Just wanted to add that the s-line tpu case above that I mentioned using is causing really appalling flare on my photos from the flash. Was briefly worried that there was a fault on the camera, but on testing it with and without the case, it's definitely the case.
    pennzoilgtr likes this.
    10-23-2013 04:33 AM
    I just bought this off Ebay. It has double layers. It has a soft shell and then a hard cover. The hard cover is made out of very cheap plastic. It's nothing compare to what you see from Otterbox box case but for less than $10 bucks, I think it is well worth it.

img_7866.jpg
    img_7867.jpg
    img_7868.jpg
    thelostsoul likes this.
    10-23-2013 05:37 PM
    I like that tedded one. Looks nice. Ideally I would like to add a Qi charger underneath.
    Cant believe there arent more wireless charging options????
    10-23-2013 08:42 PM
    I just bought this off Ebay. It has double layers. It has a soft shell and then a hard cover. The hard cover is made out of very cheap plastic. It's nothing compare to what you see from Otterbox box case but for less than $10 bucks, I think it is well worth it.
    Do you have a link? That is exactly what I have been looking for since Incipio didn't make one for the 1020.

EDIT: Nevermind, I was able to find it on ebay by search "1020 perforated" - thanks for the post!
    Last edited by thelostsoul; 10-24-2013 at 01:32 PM.
    10-24-2013 12:48 PM
    I am really annoyed that 99% of the third party cases have the stupid useless wireless contact charging hole on the back of the cover. I mean really how careless can the case designer be to not even research the phone they are making a case for?
    10-24-2013 04:52 PM
    I am really annoyed that 99% of the third party cases have the stupid useless wireless contact charging hole on the back of the cover. I mean really how careless can the case designer be to not even research the phone they are making a case for?
    Ha-ha I know what you mean. I am baffled why the cases comes with the holes at the back when it won't serve any purpose!
    10-25-2013 04:11 AM

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7866.JPG 
Views:	33 
Size:	513.2 KB 
ID:	47706

Name:	IMG_7867.JPG 
Views:	19 
Size:	462.6 KB 
ID:	47707

Name:	IMG_7868.JPG 
Views:	18 
Size:	459.4 KB 
ID:	47708
    This would probably be perfect for cutting out a small slice in back of the soft part and wedging in the wireless shell. Do you think that would be feasible?
    10-26-2013 12:35 PM
79 1234