Lumia 1020 Cases/Grips/Covers

oldpueblo

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I'm hoping for a really thin TPU case that is designed to fit over the wireless charging shell. Yeah probably not going to happen. :(

freypal

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
Think I'm gonna go for this one....

StilGut - Exclusive leather case UltraSlim for Nokia Lumia 1020

I've always had leather flip type cases for my phones and in the past always gone for the genuine mobile manufacturer ones to ensure a good fit. However for the 1020 this is the only one i've been able to find that seems to be good quality and a good fit. A bit pricey but they have great reviews on other models on Amazon.

I just can't ever bring myself to have no screen cover... after smashing my Touch HD years back i've been paranoid about protection!

tgr42

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
I'm hoping for a really thin TPU case that is designed to fit over the wireless charging shell. Yeah probably not going to happen. :(

Let's skip that and just go to a case with the wireless charging built-in. I'd like to know why nobody has done this yet. Are the Qi charging coils expensive? Hard to come by? A patent minefield? It's fairly ridiculous seeing all these cases with holes cut out over the charging connectors. Instead of putting a hole there, you're supposed to put some coils and pins there. C'mon.

bcolton

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
I'm going to toss the Poetic Atmosphere out there. I really like the transparent look. Here it is shown with the black Lumia 1020, but I'd imagine it'd look even better on the yellow device.
Atmosphere Case for Nokia Lumia 1020

I especially like how it doesn't add bulk or take away from the profile of the 1020. Plus, branding is keep to a minimum, with a tiny logo on the rubber around the edge. The best thing I find is that it doesn't dramatically alter the look of the 1020, which I find to be beautiful. Really a good no-frills case to show off your Lumia. They also have a matte black case and a flip-cover case.

I just purchased the Poetic Atmosphere Case, and I'm not happy because the bottom looks horrible. So far the Speck case is by far the best case I've used.

DSC00003.JPGDSC00004.JPG

Ixia

Oct 4, 2013
Visit site
I've just bought a cheap TPU case from Ebay, just wanted to get it in a case as soon as possible, as my 8yr old is prone to dropping stuff.

S Line Soft TPU Wave Gel Case Cover For New Nokia Lumia 1020 + Screen Protector | eBay

I have the purple one, it's OK for now, not great, but it does provide slightly more protection for the camera than some of the other TPU cases as the case goes right up to the edge of the lens and it was only ?2.90 with free postage.

I'm hankering after a soft genuine leather case with some kind of lens protection. Wish the phone came with a built in lens cover, used to have a LG Renoir which had a sliding lens cover, which was fab.

thelostsoul

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
I, too, have been looking for a nice leather case. I came across this site, and it seems to be the best available at the moment, so I ordered one. Apparently it could take up to 3 weeks coming from Hong Kong (to the US), but it looks good:

TETDED Premium Leather Case for Nokia Lumia 1020 -- Caen (LC: Black)

There's also a few different case styles and colors that look quite nice.

EDIT: This arrived yesterday (10/10/13) - looks nice, not a big fan of the hard inside, but it was cracked! I contacted them, and they want me to send it back to them in Hong Kong, to process and send me another. That will take at least 2 weeks, not to mention the cost of sending it back. I do not recommend buying from them.

Last edited:

PYY

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
I am currently using the Poetic Flipbook Case for my 1020 and it has been pretty nice. It is slim for a flip case I accidentally dropped it once already and the phone has a few scratches on the bottom corner, nothing major. It could have been worse since the flip cover of the case is free and not attached by magnets or buttons. I like it. The only complaint is that I wish the corners had better coverage and I want to cover that lens with a protector.

Keith Skaggs

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
I just got my Lumia 1020 with the Camera Grip and I actually like the Camera Grip as a full time accessory. The main thing I like about it is it allows the phone to stand upright on my desk as if it were setting in a cradle. The problem is carrying it. I would love to have a horizontal holster with the phone facing in to carry on my left side belt. My old case for the Titan was positioned this way with a magnetic flap. Has anyone seen or heard of a holster for the 1020 with Camera Grip attached?

Keith

Last edited:

buxz777

Mar 5, 2013
Visit site
just to make people feel better about the lens and put your minds at rest a bit , it is gorilla glass 3 and only a small surface area , i had an 808 for ages and it went every where with me , beaches in thailand , work every day and used heavily , the lens was perfect even after a year+ of hard usage with no lens protection ;-)

antiochian2010

May 11, 2013
Visit site
I, too, have been looking for a nice leather case. I came across this site, and it seems to be the best available at the moment, so I ordered one. Apparently it could take up to 3 weeks coming from Hong Kong (to the US), but it looks good:

TETDED Premium Leather Case for Nokia Lumia 1020 -- Caen (LC: Black)

There's also a few different case styles and colors that look quite nice.

EDIT: This arrived yesterday (10/10/13) - looks nice, not a big fan of the hard inside, but it was cracked! I contacted them, and they want me to send it back to them in Hong Kong, to process and send me another. That will take at least 2 weeks, not to mention the cost of sending it back. I do not recommend buying from them.

I'm thinking of going for this one too. I am currently using ATT's AGF, but it is a plastic imitation case. The corners are already chipped though (case did its job when the phone got dropped) but I have to believe that with genuine leather, the material would take the shock and reform instead of breaking off - nice find!!

UPDATE - Noticed a RED color case. So splurged and ordered this!! With the yellow phone this has to look pretty phenomenal :D
A bit of a gamble considering what THELOSTSOUL ran into, but I honestly haven't seen anything to date that is grabbing my attention as much as this one. Fingers crossed for better luck.
I know the hassle though. It seems to cost nothing to ship from HK to USA, but go the other direction, you're screwed.

Last edited:

thelostsoul

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
I'm thinking of going for this one too. I am currently using ATT's AGF, but it is a plastic imitation case. The corners are already chipped though (case did its job when the phone got dropped) but I have to believe that with genuine leather, the material would take the shock and reform instead of breaking off - nice find!!

UPDATE - Noticed a RED color case. So splurged and ordered this!! With the yellow phone this has to look pretty phenomenal :D
A bit of a gamble considering what THELOSTSOUL ran into, but I honestly haven't seen anything to date that is grabbing my attention as much as this one. Fingers crossed for better luck.
I know the hassle though. It seems to cost nothing to ship from HK to USA, but go the other direction, you're screwed.

Let me assure you that the case I received is definitely a nice case. Upon further inspection, I see that the case definitely contained a manufacturing defect. The leather covers a flexible plastic. The plastic is very flexible and would not have broken from simple shipping and handling. The plastic was not manufactured properly. At the cost of the item, and given that it was their mistake, I would expect them to cover return shipping. Unfortunately, they have not been helpful in contacting them. They have asked for pictures (which I sent them), and continue to state that they will need to evaluate the item. Its as if each message I send them has nothing to do with my last message. I have stopped hearing from them for the past few days, so I have opened a dispute on PayPal. Personally, I will not buy from them again because customer service is very important to me. I like to know that if something goes wrong (and hopefully it won't), that it will be handled respectfully, properly, and swift-fully. That is why Amazon is still my favorite online retailer. I hope that this was an anomaly though, and I hope you do not have the same issue that I had.

Negamaki

Oct 4, 2013
Visit site
Purchased a Nillkin case (not the skin or wallet version but the frost shield one... Whatever it's called), will give feedback on it when I get it.

Still waiting on that brown Lumia leather case with the lens cap to become available for purchase... Doubt it will though. :/

jake69

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
I'm currently using a wallet flip case. Good value...$8 for a decent case. The only complain I have is that it doesn't hold a lot of credit cards.

41Wy-D1STeL._SY300_.jpg71CnKpVO6QL._SL1500_.jpg

antiochian2010

May 11, 2013
Visit site

OK.. received today and have to say this is worth every penny!

The fit is nice; the inside back is suede leather; in every respect this is far ahead of the AGF case sold on AT&T.

WP_20131016_09_25_09_Pro.jpg

WP_20131016_09_25_22_Pro.jpg

WP_20131016_09_37_26_Pro.jpg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12