Lumia 1020 Cases/Grips/Covers

Wolfgang Exler

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
My perfect case would be a otterbox with builtin QI charging capability. Also a TPU case with QI charging would be fine. I do not unterstand why nokia did not implement QI into the native phone. The need for the charging shell and lack of cases usable with this charging shell is the most painful thing with the Lumia 1020.

rfu3

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
I have a reasonably nice pleather case with credit card holder that cost me about ?4 on ebay. I have a CC-3066 charging case and was reading here to see if there was a case that could fit the phone when the charging case was on.

Having seen the case posted above with QI charging I figure I can actually create my own.

The cover posted by Ixia above states they have just glued the CC-3066 into the case. Therefore I can't foresee an issue with ripping off the mounting from my own ?4 pleather case and glue in the CC-3066 with industrial grade superglue. I can test first whether the charge conducts through the soft padding before I apply the glue I suppose so worst case I just destroy a ?4 case.
Any thoughts?

Crasstoe

Jan 3, 2014
Visit site
Agree with above, be a leader.

I'm using the Nillkin case and love it. Would live it to be qi enabled (better protection than the official wireless case) but if I gut a charging case I'm not confident there is enough room in the Nillkin case to fit the coil.

jeetu4444

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
Got my new case its awesome...silicone one yellow color protect camera bump and covers 3.5 mm jack and charging port

sent from lumia 1020 or note 2

Attachments

• 1390231144928.jpg
    1390231144928.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 10

Rudiepoo1

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Got my new case its awesome...silicone one yellow color protect camera bump and covers 3.5 mm jack and charging port

Looks like a decent case, how's the quality? Happen to have a picture from the front? The problem I've seen with these types of cases is the bottom portion near the charging area is flimsy due to not enough material and seems to move or change shape. How's this case fit at the bottom area? Also post a link to to the place your purchased it from for reference.

Thanks

Stick Legs

Jan 14, 2014
Visit site
I've had my Lumia 1020 and Speck case (both yellow) for approx 2 months. Am very happy with both. I've not yet dropped the phone or tried removing the case so can't speak to those issues, but the case looks the same as it did when it arrived. Its style is a love-it-or-hate-it sort of thing. I like the little rubber grippy things and how the device/case feels in my hand.

Rudiepoo1

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
I've had my Lumia 1020 and Speck case (both yellow) for approx 2 months. Am very happy with both. I've not yet dropped the phone or tried removing the case so can't speak to those issues, but the case looks the same as it did when it arrived. Its style is a love-it-or-hate-it sort of thing. I like the little rubber grippy things and how the device/case feels in my hand.

Speaking of the rubber strip areas, how are they holding up? I had the same variant of this case for my previous 920 and the wifes current 920 and for both cases the rubber areas would start to peel up in some areas. I ended up returning mine at the time and she just used it until it go so bad I just got her a different case.

antiochian2010

May 11, 2013
Visit site
Just bought this one. Shipped fast and found it pretty good actually.

Hey that's a handsome one! I have put it on my Amazon's wish list. Am using the Speck now - appearance is so-so, but at the time, it was the best one for corner protection. The one you have looks much better and looks like it gives complete coverage around the phone's corners as well.. thanks for the tip!

jeetu4444

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
Here is the front pic...its fits like a glove...it adds zero bulk to it...and awesome grip....

Attachments

• 1390302918465.jpg
    1390302918465.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 12

Rudiepoo1

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Here is the front pic...its fits like a glove...it adds zero bulk to it...and awesome grip....

Thanks for the pic, yeah it looks like it fits well. Happen to have a link to where you purchased it. I need to find a place in the US with this exact one.

Thanks!

lesd777

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Speaking of the rubber strip areas, how are they holding up? I had the same variant of this case for my previous 920 and the wifes current 920 and for both cases the rubber areas would start to peel up in some areas. I ended up returning mine at the time and she just used it until it go so bad I just got her a different case.

I had the same issue when I had the 920, but the speck for the 1020 I've had for over 3 months and the rubber is holding up well. I've taken the case off a few times, and still the rubber around the LCD and the back still look new. I have not experienced any stretching of any kind on my 1020. This is really a great case.

Sent from my RM-877_nam_att_205 using Tapatalk

Rudiepoo1

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
I had the same issue when I had the 920, but the speck for the 1020 I've had for over 3 months and the rubber is holding up well. I've taken the case off a few times, and still the rubber around the LCD and the back still look new. I have not experienced any stretching of any kind on my 1020. This is really a great case.

Thanks for the feedback!

Sent from my RM-877_nam_att_205 using Tapatalk

Chris_Kez

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
I have purchased the case below

StilGut, exclusive case "Talis" with compartment incorporated in the cover for Nokia Lumia 1020, black: Amazon.co.uk: Computers & Accessories

and modified it to work with wireless charging by taking the coil from Nokia wireless charger and works really well - very happy with it.

You don't have any pics do you?

I ordered the official charging case last night, and wondered whether you could just rip out the charging stuff and stick it into a new case. As long as it can withstand the heat, and you can kind of carve some space for the coil, I don't see why it hasn't been done more often.

oldpueblo

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site

mgriffithsuk

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
I bought the Lian "Professional Quality" case foe N1020 from a small shop in Slough for ?3.
It is okay a gel matte case that seems well made and robust. Howvere it affect the camera when used in falsh mode giving a red glow. I fixed this by cutting a hole that enlarged the area joining the flash hole and camera hole.

Nov 28, 2013
Visit site
Are there any good covers out there that have no magnetic elements? I got a cover and it's falling to pieces, and the compass doesn't always work and sometimes you have to take it out of the case to calibrate on maps. I always thought it was just being covered in a plastic case but I saw online someone saying it's the magnet.

However, I want to protect the screen and as far as I can see they all use magnets when they have a flip cover. Is that right? Any recommendations?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo