1020 Battery Issues

JANGEL13

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Sorry if there is another thread for this. I searched but didn't find one.

The first time that charged my phone it showed that I had 1 day and 15 hours remaining. Now every time I charge it either says that I have 7 or 8 hours remaining. I've ran it down and then charged it several times but nothing changes. Checked it just now and it says 53% and 3 hours remaining. I did a soft reset and it didn't help. I have all background tasks disabled. Anyone else have this issue or know of an easy fix? Thanks for any help/advice.

JANGEL13

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Here's a list. The ones with the asterisks are the ones that I had installed on my Arrive and now my 1020.

APPS
100th Day of School (for my kid)
*Accurate Tuner Pro
*Accuweather
*Adobe Reader
*Airplane Soundboard
*Amazing Weather HD
*Amazon Mobile
Baconit
*Bible
*Break.com
*Caddyshack Soundboard
*Cellular Data
*Christmas Cards
*Daily Bread
*Easy Timer
*easyRing & Music
*easyTube
*eBay
Endomondo Sports Tracker
*Engadget
ESPN Fantasy Football
ESPN Hub
*ESPN Radio
*ESPN Scorecenter
*Evernote
*Facebook
*Fandango
*Fhotoroom
*Fly Delta
*Fox News
*Greeting Cards
*Groupon
*Handyscan
*IMDB
*Mega Millions & Powerball
*MMA Underground
*Netflix
*Number Guru
Pandora
*Photo Splash FX
*PhotoFunia
*Shotly Golf
*Skydrive
Speed Test
*Sports Tracker
*The CHive
*Translator
*Tripadvisor
Tumblr
*TuneIn Radio
*Twitter
Unit Converter
*Water Logger
*Weather
*Windows Phone News
*Woot Buddy Free
*Wooter
*WPCentral

GAMES

*Cut The Rope Exp.
NBA JAM
*UFC on Xbox LIVE
*Xbox SmartGlass
Zuma's Revenge!
*Shoot Bubble
Temple Run

JANGEL13

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
I had WhatsApp installed but I remembered hearing something about that app causing the battery to drain so I uninstalled it

10 Gauge

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
OP my 1020 did/is doing the exact same thing. Battery life is also terrible. I have tried the soft reset trick, didn't do squat for me. Yesterday I made it from 5am to 9am before I got the critically low battery message.

tgr42

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
Getting surprisingly great battery life here. I just went 2 full days on a charge and still had 36% left, which was projected to last another day. I was suspicious of Skype after how bad it was on WP 7.5 but I had it enabled with message notifications enabled this entire time, so at this point I feel like I can trust it to not hurt my battery life. After having it be nearly useless on WP 7.5 I'm pretty thrilled about that. I have double tap to wake enabled, and am using the app "Battery Sense" by Vasan to monitor battery life.

On a typical day the phone is connected to wifi for about 22 out of 24 hours. For about 14 hours I have barely any cell signal. During the other 10 hours I have a generally strong cell signal. LTE in both cases.

JANGEL13

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
I completely drained it last night. I fell asleep watching a movie. It's been on the charger for about 5 hours and it's 96% charged at the moment. When it's fully charged I'll see how much battery is remaining

JANGEL13

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
I just pulled it off the charger and it says 9 hours remaining. I'm just going to call the Microsoft store and see what hey have to say

GloriousGlory

Jul 30, 2013
Visit site
I'm noticing the same issue. The battery dropped from 64% to 47% overnight when I was sleeping (about 8 hours). How is that possible when it was on standby the entire time?

I've even turned off everything including background tasks and glance.

tgr42

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
For testing purposes you may want to try putting it in airplane mode overnight. That could help rule out radio communication as a cause or contributor to your battery drain.

JANGEL13

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
My lord, thats a lot of apps.

Guaranteed you need to turn off a whole bunch of background tasks.

All my background tasks are already disabled. As well as location services, glance, and double tap to awake the device. Oh, and the Xbox live is also disabled

JANGEL13

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
What does everyone's battery remaining show up as when pulled off the charger? Is 7 to 9 hours remaining normal for a full charge?

giffis

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
I experienced battery drainage only when my yahoo finance portfolio page constantly refresh stock quotes in real time from 9.30 to 4PM in LTE.
I gave the same phone to my wife for 2 days with full charge. After two days 36% battery was left with 4 mail accounts refresh every 15 minutes, weather app, Facebook Notification and chat enabled and she reads little bit news too. And 30 minutes to 60 minutes talk time in 2 days. Location enabled.

I think battery drains out fast while browsing on LTE. After few weeks battery will improve for new phones.

John20212

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
What does everyone's battery remaining show up as when pulled off the charger? Is 7 to 9 hours remaining normal for a full charge?

Mine says battery life 100%, 4 days 13 hours remaining, time since last charge less than 1 hour. I have so far only installed under 5 apps. I have data connection off, I use wifi for data only. NFC, location, bluetooth, and wifi are off when not in use, I don't keep the antennas on when I don't need them, except for the celular antenna so I can receive calls, texts, etc.

JANGEL13

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
So after a little under two hours mine says 78% and 6 hours remaining. I've uninstalled a bunch if apps but I'll probably have to uninstall more

GloriousGlory

Jul 30, 2013
Visit site
There is a thread on this forum with the field test menu option to turn off LTE signal. I turned that off because I'm only on a 3g network anyways and I hear LTE really destroys battery life.

Anyone think that will help me?

B1zzle

Jul 21, 2013
Visit site
I dont know if it was the soft reset or not
but im only at 50% and thats taking it off the charger at 9am (eastern)

using bluetooth in car
and using the phone a lot in starbucks today

2 days ago they phone would have been dead by now

but now it is lasting the longest since i have gotten it.

GloriousGlory

Jul 30, 2013
Visit site
I was speaking to a friend and he said to ignore the percentages. They're inaccurate and aren't a representation of the total battery.

I'm used to the percentages of iOS and they seemed fairly accurate. I charged mine up to 100% and it drained down to about 80% in an hour of use, but my friend said to just ignore it and use it for a day.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05