Articles Not Downloading

RockStorePhotos

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
On a number of my apps, USA Today, BBC World News, BBC Sport and some others, I see lots of headlines. When I click a headline, only the headline photo, caption and date/time info appears. The article itself doesn't appear! Is there a setting I am missing the limits/permits articles to download?

bbraune

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
At least for the USA today app, the issue is formatting. If the article contains posts from Twitter, the formatting is screwed up and the article won't appear in the app. If you open up the usatoday.com site in Internet Explorer, the article will appear with the attached Twitter posts.

We probably need to send an e-mail to the USA Today people to fix their app formatting.

RockStorePhotos

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Thx for the feedback. I guess I am not alone! So any app that contains Twitter posts will have troubles? Seems as though Microsoft and/or Nokia need to do the fixin'.

bbraune

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
The latest update to USA Today has resolved the issue of some articles not loading, but so far, the update has also stopped the live tile from showing pics of the latest stories. That is a shame, because the app has always made the best use of its live tile.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo